Doom Marine
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > Wolfenstein: The New Order annouced
Pages (17): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 » ... Last »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 02:50. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
schwerpunk

Hm, I'm definitely tired of zombies. Nazis, not so much. Robots, I'm definitely still excited by. I just hope the enemies, be they Nazis, or dogs, or Nazidogs, feel as responsive as they did in RtCW. That game had some really fun AI.

Here's a little article that gives a vulgarized assessment of RtCW's AI. Just something to mull over while we wait for more news about this new one.

Old Post 05-11-13 02:54 #
schwerpunk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Eris Falling
Forum Staple

I'd like to see the Lopers return. Weren't enough in RtCW for my liking.

The super-soldiers, even their prototypes were great. Who remembers being able to witness a fight in X-Labs, where a Nazi would be killed by a Loper, which was in turn blown up by a proto-soldier? :D

Old Post 05-11-13 10:30 #
Eris Falling is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DoomUK
Forum Staple

Eris Falling said:
The super-soldiers, even their prototypes were great. Who remembers being able to witness a fight in X-Labs, where a Nazi would be killed by a Loper, which was in turn blown up by a proto-soldier? :D

Goes to show that scripted sequences can, indeed, be really cool. They just have to be used sparingly, with some thought put into them.

Old Post 05-11-13 11:06 #
DoomUK is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooM_RO

Here is a very interesting article about the cultural background of the game.

http://www.gamespot.com/features/po...Topslot%3bSlot1

Old Post 05-11-13 12:41 #
DooM_RO is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
doom_is_great

Wow, I was totally surprised to see this. Anyway, I am pretty excited for this since it is an interesting twist in the Wolfenstein universe. And it is also interesting that this studio is putting a lot of effort in the story. I hope this game turns out really good.

Oh, and I loved the trailer, however, it would have been even more awesome if it played Voodoo Child by Jimi Hendrix.

Old Post 05-12-13 04:46 #
doom_is_great is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Harmata
Loser

it will refill only to the nearest multiple of 20

If they will do their job and tune the enviroments and encounters around this system then it will provide quality fun, like in Riddick. The "recharging pieces of health" is an actually designed system, compared to no-brain health regen from CoD or Wolfenstein (2009?). I hope they will use blocks or other symbols (pictures) to represent health, it would look better than growing numbers.
Finally gonna get my hands on Hard Reset these days.

Here's a little article that gives a vulgarized assessment of RtCW's AI.

Aw man, i love articles like this, thanks.

LOL @ "B.J. has 100[%] HP as a reference to the original [and every other game that describes your health using numbers]."

Ehe he he he he.

Old Post 05-12-13 16:17 #
Harmata is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Glaice
formerly Mr. Chris

I will wait for reviews before making my assessment on this game. Another game with nazis..

Old Post 05-12-13 19:40 #
Glaice is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooM_RO

Mr. Chris said:
I will wait for reviews before making my assessment on this game. Another game with nazis..

It's WOLFENSTEIN! What did you expect?

Old Post 05-12-13 20:08 #
DooM_RO is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Vermil

DooM_RO said:

It's WOLFENSTEIN! What did you expect?

A game where you play as Hitler in his mech suit, single handily crushing the Allied swinehund's.

Old Post 05-12-13 20:16 #
Vermil is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
schwerpunk

Vermil said:
A game where you play as Hitler in his mech suit, single handily crushing the Allied swinehund's.

As fun as that sounds, I doubt any studio could handle the level of subtle satire I would enjoy in a title where you play as a Nazi. Even if it was made, it would probably be chock-full of ham-handed humour and ridicule. Anything less obvious, i.e. more subtle, would be politically... uncomfortable for the publishers and developer.

Man, we really need some more news. This conversation is going in weird places.

Old Post 05-12-13 20:29 #
schwerpunk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DoomUK
Forum Staple

Vermil said:

mitebcool

Old Post 05-12-13 20:29 #
DoomUK is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Harmata
Loser

Another game with nazis..

It's WOLFENSTEIN!

It's WOLFENSTEIN!

Old Post 05-12-13 20:36 #
Harmata is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooM_RO

New screenshots! http://www.pcgamer.com/gallery/wolf...n-screenshot-1/

Old Post 05-28-13 18:06 #
Captain Red
Pants

I'd like to think this game got pitched and greenlit on "remember how cool fighting Hitler in a robo-suit was? Can we do that again?"

Old Post 05-28-13 20:28 #
Captain Red is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TheEndOfUs

Gameplay preview: youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1uPTp1va8uw

Old Post 05-28-13 20:50 #
TheEndOfUs is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BaronOfStuff

Mr. Chris said:
Another game with nazis..

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/004/592/my-brain-is-full-of-fuck.jpg
What the fuck were you expecting? Bears?

Old Post 05-28-13 22:34 #
BaronOfStuff is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
schwerpunk

TheEndOfUs said:
Let me embed that for ya.

Old Post 05-28-13 22:48 #
Technician
Still no custom title

BaronOfStuff said:
What the fuck were you expecting? Bears?
No. Wolfs.

Old Post 05-28-13 23:16 #
Technician is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
doom_is_great

This preview from venture beat is kind of interesting:

http://venturebeat.com/2013/05/28/nazi- ... -matthies/

I especially like this quote:

GamesBeat: OK, no screwing around. When does Mecha Hitler show up?

Jens Matthies: There is a plan for this, but I can’t divulge anything.

and this:

GamesBeat: Is there going to be anything to extend the game beyond the campaign?

Matthies: There’s a lot of depth to the gameplay and secrets to uncover. There’s also a point at which something, depending on the choices that you make, might create a fork. You can think of it like an alternate ending, but it’s really early in the game, so it affects the whole game. There’s a good reason to go back and make the other choice.

Mecha Hitler and alternate choices kindle my interest greatly. I hope that the game will end with a final boss fight with Mecha Hitler on the moon

Old Post 05-29-13 03:07 #
doom_is_great is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Clonehunter
Forum Staple

Well it looks pretty fun with those videos. So high hopes for this and Triad... C'mon Shadow Warrior, round things off!

Technician said:
No. Wolves.

FTFY

Old Post 05-29-13 04:33 #
Clonehunter is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Netherstorm

Wow, well it looks great so far. Hopefully it will be better than the 2009 version.

Old Post 05-29-13 05:12 #
Netherstorm is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooM_RO

This looks incredibly promising.

EDIT: We're going to see this at E3. http://www.bethblog.com/2013/05/28/...-the-new-order/

Last edited by DooM_RO on 05-29-13 at 09:43

Old Post 05-29-13 05:27 #
Coopersville
Supreme Gentleman

That new gameplay preview actually looked pretty cool.

Old Post 05-29-13 19:40 #
Coopersville is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DoomUK
Forum Staple

TheEndOfUs said:

Yawn.

Old Post 05-29-13 20:00 #
DooM_RO

DoomUK said:

Yawn.

What's boring about it? I think it's great.

Old Post 05-30-13 06:01 #
Technician
Still no custom title

Technician said:
No. Wolves.
Clonehunter said:
FTFY
I'm sorry, but the game is not called Wolvenstein.

Old Post 05-30-13 06:08 #
Technician is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

DoomUK said:

Yawn.

One of the scenes in the video looks identical to that freight train station from Wolfenstein from the beginning… I wonder if it was deliberate.

Old Post 05-30-13 06:22 #
printz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooM_RO

printz said:
One of the scenes in the video looks identical to that freight train station from Wolfenstein from the beginning… I wonder if it was deliberate.

In a very recent interview they said that the first mission of the game will be during WW2.

Old Post 05-30-13 06:50 #
Captain Red
Pants

I like everything I saw in that video except for the gun designs. Very, very few people do good made up future guns these days.

Old Post 05-30-13 10:42 #
Captain Red is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Technician said:
I'm sorry, but the game is not called Wolvenstein.

I want WolfEinstein. A game about a lycanthropic physicist.

Old Post 05-30-13 10:45 #
Gez is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote