Mancubus
User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > Wolfenstein: The New Order annouced
Pages (17): « First ... « 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 » ... Last »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 14:53. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
DooM_RO
Senior Member


Posts: 2043
Registered: 02-11



Captain Red said:
I like everything I saw in that video except for the gun designs. Very, very few people do good made up future guns these days.

I think they're slightly above average. The actual gunplay seems to be on par with RAGE though which is a very good thing. I can't wait to cut penises with my laser gun and to make traps with it.

Old Post May 30 2013 11:47 #
DooM_RO is online now || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Clonehunter
Forum Legend


Posts: 4583
Registered: 03-10



Technician said:
I'm sorry, but the game is not called Wolvenstein.

Not yet anyways!!

Old Post May 30 2013 13:47 #
Clonehunter is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
GoatLord
I really should think before I post.


Posts: 3279
Registered: 07-02


After watching a video interviewing the developers, I was impressed that they are not only incredibly enthusiastic, but are very intent on incorporating elements and aesthetics from the ORIGINAL game, including B.J.'s likeness and a focus on both exploration and high octane gunplay.

Old Post May 30 2013 17:40 #
GoatLord is online now || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
DooM_RO
Senior Member


Posts: 2043
Registered: 02-11



GoatLord said:
After watching a video interviewing the developers, I was impressed that they are not only incredibly enthusiastic, but are very intent on incorporating elements and aesthetics from the ORIGINAL game, including B.J.'s likeness and a focus on both exploration and high octane gunplay.

Hellraid and now this, Q4 is going to be incredibly exciting. If Id fuck up Doom 4, I hope MachineGames will make Doom 5.

Old Post May 30 2013 18:13 #
DooM_RO is online now || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
DooM_RO
Senior Member


Posts: 2043
Registered: 02-11


Here is the E3 trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFPgo5JfbQc

I really like what I see!

Old Post Jun 11 2013 07:01 #
DooM_RO is online now || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
schwerpunk
Senior Member


Posts: 2110
Registered: 05-12



DooM_RO said:
Here is the E3 trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFPgo5JfbQc

I really like what I see!

Woo! Let the Nazi hate flow! Anyway, gameplay looks a bit standard, perhaps even stale and overly scripted. We'll see... it all depends on how individual combat segments are set up. Hopefully they're fun and challenging.

I also liked that cackling older-lady Nazi. She looks like a hoot.

Old Post Jun 11 2013 15:45 #
schwerpunk is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Fulgrim
Member


Posts: 662
Registered: 10-08


Good news, no regen anything. The game is going back to heath and armor pickups and I can't be more happy about it. I just hope the game is going to include non-liner sections also.

Old Post Jun 12 2013 01:16 #
Fulgrim is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
DooM_RO
Senior Member


Posts: 2043
Registered: 02-11



Satyr000 said:
Good news, no regen anything. The game is going back to heath and armor pickups and I can't be more happy about it. I just hope the game is going to include non-liner sections also.

Correction: The health system will be like in Resistance. It will only regenerate 20s. If you have 81 health, it will regenerate till 100, if you have 79, only to 80. A very elegant system if you ask me, I HATE stumbling across medpacks when I have 99 health, then get blasted by a shotgun guy. Oh, it will also have tons of secrets.

Old Post Jun 12 2013 06:00 #
DooM_RO is online now || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
LkMax
Junior Member


Posts: 174
Registered: 08-12



DooM_RO said:
Oh, it will also have tons of secrets.

What do you mean? Did they explicitly said something about secret areas with hidden goods?

Old Post Jun 12 2013 19:50 #
LkMax is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Clonehunter
Forum Legend


Posts: 4583
Registered: 03-10


THis is really looking better and better!

Old Post Jun 13 2013 02:51 #
Clonehunter is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Butts
Senior Member


Posts: 1491
Registered: 07-07


This game looks very pretty and I can appreciate the amount of work put into it. I like the concept, I like the silliness. Nazi robots? Hell yeah, blast them enemies. (Cartman wouldn't though, he'd use them as minions. Cartman should be an easter egg in Wolfenstein.)

That being said, I'm probably not going to get it (or for like another 5 years) and have no expectations for it other than good graphics, which of course will not look as good as the pictures due to the machine/settings/etc. And probably the fact that the development versions are always probably made to look more pretty because they have better, more capable machines than the average user, which they sell an "average" version to. But, this looks better than Doom4... Which I haven't seen, or care for, or have any real expectations, and it's looking to me like that duke nukem game that never came.

But hey, it would be cool if my horrible expectations were shattered.

I guess I judge quickly. Only playing it (extensively) would give a fair opinion.

Old Post Jun 13 2013 07:30 #
Butts is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
DooM_RO
Senior Member


Posts: 2043
Registered: 02-11



Butts said:
This game looks very pretty and I can appreciate the amount of work put into it. I like the concept, I like the silliness. Nazi robots? Hell yeah, blast them enemies. (Cartman wouldn't though, he'd use them as minions. Cartman should be an easter egg in Wolfenstein.)

That being said, I'm probably not going to get it (or for like another 5 years) and have no expectations for it other than good graphics, which of course will not look as good as the pictures due to the machine/settings/etc. And probably the fact that the development versions are always probably made to look more pretty because they have better, more capable machines than the average user, which they sell an "average" version to. But, this looks better than Doom4... Which I haven't seen, or care for, or have any real expectations, and it's looking to me like that duke nukem game that never came.

But hey, it would be cool if my horrible expectations were shattered.

I guess I judge quickly. Only playing it (extensively) would give a fair opinion.

Secrets, health packs, dual-wielding shotguns and robo nazis in space...what's NOT to like.

Also, I find it my solemn duty to use the laser gun to cut penises in walls.

Old Post Jun 13 2013 10:08 #
DooM_RO is online now || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Avoozl
Forum Staple


Posts: 3369
Registered: 06-09


I would prefer just fighting abnormal nazis in the 40s really, also if the dual weilding is only one shot at a time then it ain't my thing.

Old Post Jun 13 2013 10:18 #
Avoozl is offline Youtube || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
DooM_RO
Senior Member


Posts: 2043
Registered: 02-11



Avoozl said:
I would prefer just fighting abnormal nazis in the 40s really, also if the dual weilding is only one shot at a time then it ain't my thing.

But WW2 games are incredibly stale nowadays, ever moreso than modern military shooters. This is basically Astrostein but with a modern engine. And yes, you will be able yo shoot both at a time.

Old Post Jun 13 2013 10:22 #
DooM_RO is online now || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
DoomUK
Forum Legend


Posts: 4016
Registered: 04-04



DooM_RO said:
Secrets, health packs, dual-wielding shotguns and robo nazis in space...what's NOT to like.

It's thematically interesting. But then, there's some interesting ideas in Call of Battlefield Honor v.2435633. Interesting ideas do not make a good game.

Maybe my low expectations are misguided, too, and this turns out to be the greatest FPS in the past 20 years. We'll see.

Old Post Jun 13 2013 10:34 #
DoomUK is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Captain Red
Pants


Posts: 5561
Registered: 06-01



DooM_RO said:
Also, I find it my solemn duty to use the laser gun to cut penises in walls.

I'm going to use it to draw Hitler 'staches on all the... Oh wait. Never mind.

Old Post Jun 14 2013 07:47 #
Captain Red is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
40oz
Forum Etiquette Expert


Posts: 7584
Registered: 08-07


Wolfenstein sequels are also in dire need of a well orchestrated remix of Wolf3d's E1M1 music. All my youtube searches keep pulling up the original track run through a soundfont and the instruments that sounded good in OPL do not sound appropriate for high quality versions of the instruments.

This isn't really relevant to the rest of the thread, it's just something that's been bothering me lately.

Old Post Jun 17 2013 15:10 #
40oz is online now || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
WildWeasel
Resident Castlevania Super-Fanboy


Posts: 2843
Registered: 07-03



40oz said:
Wolfenstein sequels are also in dire need of a well orchestrated remix of Wolf3d's E1M1 music. All my youtube searches keep pulling up the original track run through a soundfont and the instruments that sounded good in OPL do not sound appropriate for high quality versions of the instruments.

This isn't really relevant to the rest of the thread, it's just something that's been bothering me lately.

I wonder if this might do the trick.

Old Post Jun 17 2013 16:20 #
WildWeasel is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
LkMax
Junior Member


Posts: 174
Registered: 08-12



WildWeasel said:
I wonder if this might do the trick.

Yeah, I believe that's the best E1M1 remix out there.
There's also one for the theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...d&v=PbLY1m_9t0g

Old Post Jun 19 2013 03:42 #
LkMax is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
DooM_RO
Senior Member


Posts: 2043
Registered: 02-11


Here is a new interview and a video featuring new gameplay.

It seems they still haven't solved the texture pop-ins...I REALLY hope they will. It seems a bit linear, though they promised secrets. Health packs confirmed! We will have to see just how old-school this really is when it comes out. Until then, I remain cautiously optimistic.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06...m_medium=social

Last edited by DooM_RO on Jun 26 2013 at 07:25

Old Post Jun 26 2013 07:20 #
DooM_RO is online now || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
doom_is_great
Member


Posts: 336
Registered: 04-12


Really hoping that the final boss fight is with Hitler on the moon. Nothing could be more epic than that.

Old Post Jun 28 2013 04:24 #
doom_is_great is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
DooM_RO
Senior Member


Posts: 2043
Registered: 02-11



doom_is_great said:
Really hoping that the final boss fight is with Hitler on the moon. Nothing could be more epic than that.

Why not on Mars?

Old Post Jun 28 2013 11:30 #
DooM_RO is online now || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Doomhuntress
Senior Member


Posts: 1149
Registered: 08-10



doom_is_great said:
Really hoping that the final boss fight is with Hitler on the moon. Nothing could be more epic than that.

if this is a continuation of the Wolfenstein 3D story, doesn't that mean that BJ killed Hitler already?

Old Post Jun 28 2013 14:23 #
Doomhuntress is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
doom_is_great
Member


Posts: 336
Registered: 04-12



Doomhuntress said:
if this is a continuation of the Wolfenstein 3D story, doesn't that mean that BJ killed Hitler already?

Yeah, but this is Wolfenstein. They can say that the Nazi scientists with their super technology resurrected Hitler.

Old Post Jun 28 2013 15:56 #
doom_is_great is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
kristus
Megablast!


Posts: 10708
Registered: 07-00


There's a movie about that out already actually. Don't recall what it was called though. But it's basically about this doctor and his ring of nazis who clones the fhurer and then places the clones in foster families that are supposed to mimic the real Fhurer's family.

Old Post Jun 28 2013 20:20 #
kristus is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Komenja
Green Marine


Posts: 33
Registered: 05-13



doom_is_great said:
Yeah, but this is Wolfenstein. They can say that the Nazi scientists with their super technology resurrected Hitler.

The E3 footage showed him giving a speech some point in time after the Nazis dropped their atomic bomb. Could be they resurrected Hitler, cloned him, or that the one in Wolfenstien 3D was a duplicate.

Old Post Jun 28 2013 20:32 #
Komenja is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Belial
Senior Member


Posts: 2338
Registered: 09-05



kristus said:
There's a movie about that out already actually. Don't recall what it was called though. But it's basically about this doctor and his ring of nazis who clones the fhurer and then places the clones in foster families that are supposed to mimic the real Fhurer's family.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077269/

Old Post Jun 29 2013 06:48 #
Belial is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!


Posts: 12391
Registered: 07-07



doom_is_great said:
Really hoping that the final boss fight is with Hitler on the moon. Nothing could be more epic than that.

If you believe, they put Hitler on the Moon, Mecha Hitler...

kristus said:
fhurer

Führer, or fuehrer if you don't have umlauts.

Old Post Jun 29 2013 10:47 #
Gez is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
kristus
Megablast!


Posts: 10708
Registered: 07-00



Gez said:
Führer, or fuehrer if you don't have umlauts.

Oops.

Old Post Jun 29 2013 15:36 #
kristus is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
scalliano
This door is opened elsewhere...


Posts: 1285
Registered: 08-09


As high-fantasy as it is, some of the imagery in that trailer is quite unsettling. When the chips are down, there's only one thing to do ...



I KID! I kid! Breathe!

Seriously though, I'm really interested in how this pans out. As a fan of the originals and movies like Iron Sky this looks like a really nice twist on the "wacky-Nazi-sci-fi-alternate-future" theme IMO. There's even a touch of, dare i say it, the Philadelphia Experiment sequel in there, too.

As long as the game stays true to the fast action the devs are promising, this could turn out alright. Makes more sense than DoGBlOps.

Old Post Jul 2 2013 19:53 #
scalliano is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
All times are GMT. The time now is 14:53. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « First ... « 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 » ... Last »  
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > Wolfenstein: The New Order annouced

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are OFF
[IMG] code is ON
 

< Contact Us - Doomworld >

Powered by: vBulletin Version 2.2.5
Copyright ©2000, 2001, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.