Mancubus
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > The royal baby is born, time to be driven mad by the news
Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 15:04. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
cannonball

So today the child of Prince William and Catherine Middleton was born
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23413653
And it's everywhere interrupting every British tv station.
First of all of course congratulations to the royal couple.
But I must stress that the inevitability of this being the top news story for weeks, random pointless information being drilled into our heads every 5 minutes leaves me feeling a little queasy to say the least. I have an asylum on speed dial.
What are other peoples thoughts from UK doomers and of course those who live outside of this little island.

Old Post 07-22-13 22:19 #
cannonball is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
darknation
Forum Staple

hope it's ginger

Old Post 07-22-13 22:29 #
darknation is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Seeker_of_Truth

It's been in the news here in the US as well. Congrats to the couple, but I would rather not have to hear about it for days.

Old Post 07-22-13 22:30 #
Seeker_of_Truth is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Rayzik

Woohoo more less-than-pertinent slog to clog up the news pipeline and block stories that actually matter! And I thought the George Zimmerman case was going to ride the month out.

Old Post 07-22-13 22:30 #
Rayzik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
durian

Bah! Perfect silly season fodder - though it may engulf the news agenda so much that we hear no more on the woman who took her horse to McDonalds, which would be a real shame. Anyway, it will keep me from listening to the news for the next couple of days. But, residing in France, I'm quite well insulated from all the pomp, thank fuck.

Old Post 07-22-13 22:37 #
durian is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Jayextee
Darth Jrrr

cannonball said:
What are other peoples thoughts from UK doomers

This is such a non-event. Scroungers who live on taxpayer's money have children all the time.

Old Post 07-22-13 22:40 #
Jayextee is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Eris Falling
Forum Staple

not williams kid

Old Post 07-22-13 22:42 #
Eris Falling is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Krispy

Americans give so much shit about this that I've been watching the news all day and it was never mentioned.

Old Post 07-22-13 22:51 #
Krispy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Quast
insert title here

darknation said:
hope it's ginger

I wanted to come here and say that this event is pointless unless the kid turned out to be prince harrys, or black. Of course if it were either of these things we'd never know about it anyway.

Old Post 07-22-13 23:07 #
Quast is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
dew
experts

Krispy said:
Americans give so much shit about this that I've been watching the news all day and it was never mentioned.

because the story is actually very recent?

Old Post 07-22-13 23:13 #
dew is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Maes
I like big butts!

More like time to not give a shit, in my neck of the woods.

Old Post 07-22-13 23:18 #
Maes is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Quast
insert title here

All day today on the radio in bumfuck nowhere usa where I live, we got status updates every hour on the hour about the duchess of cornhole or whatever and her soon-to-be spawn.

Old Post 07-22-13 23:18 #
Quast is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
geo
Forum Staple

Rich people. Man they get talked about.

Old Post 07-22-13 23:53 #
geo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Eris Falling
Forum Staple

Quast said:
duchess of cornhole

That's someone else, but it does fit well with the old CB+Eris UK region joke.

Old Post 07-22-13 23:58 #
Eris Falling is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kontra Kommando
Let's attack aggressively

The founding fathers should return from the grave to wreak terror over all of the star-struck American TRAITORS!

Old Post 07-23-13 02:23 #
Kontra Kommando is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
MRB_Doom
Forum Regular

Oh the peons wants to know about our New World Order anti-Christ demon spawn. Oh, let them look at it for a few seconds, then release the trap door to send them straight to the pit. Oh Ohhhh.

Old Post 07-23-13 04:13 #
MRB_Doom is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Aliotroph?
postCount++

Mom turned on the news today and this is all that's been on. Madness! You'd think it was Jesus' birth that just happened.

I hope it's transgendered so we can have awesome headlines in the future: "The Prince Who Would Be Queen!"

Old Post 07-23-13 05:11 #
Aliotroph? is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooM_RO

It boggles my mind why people in different countries than England (like mine) care about the royal family.

Old Post 07-23-13 05:15 #
DooM_RO is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Obsidian
Forum Staple

Let's get him playing Doom. \m/

Old Post 07-23-13 05:17 #
Obsidian is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Avoozl
Forum Staple

What has royalty ever done for this day and age besides taking taxes to fill their wallets.

Old Post 07-23-13 05:49 #
Avoozl is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Maes
I like big butts!

DooM_RO said:
It boggles my mind why people in different countries than England (like mine) care about the royal family.

Well, half the world is part of the Commonwealth of Nations, so they still have some ties to England, if not outright recognizing the Queen and King as their "presidents".

Old Post 07-23-13 07:35 #
Maes is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GreyGhost
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

DooM_RO said:
Australia seems to be split roughly 50/50 between Monarchists and Republicans but it's not a big enough issue to spark a civil war.

Congratulations to the happy parents, though I expect by the time their son's entitled to sit on the throne it'll be as a photo opportunity for Chinese tourists traipsing through Buck House.

Old Post 07-23-13 07:45 #
GreyGhost is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
MFG38

I honestly couldn't give any less fucks about all this fuss. I mean it's just the baby of a royal couple, right?

Old Post 07-23-13 09:02 #
MFG38 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Seeker_of_Truth

MFG38 said:
I honestly couldn't give any less fucks about all this fuss. I mean it's just the baby of a royal couple, right?

That's true, but this baby is most likely going to be king one day.

Old Post 07-23-13 19:24 #
Seeker_of_Truth is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kontra Kommando
Let's attack aggressively

At any rate, it's actually kind of cool that Kate Middleton is related to Cronos, leader singer of Venom. She used to hang out with them at band rehearsals. However, she snubbed him, when it came to invitations to royal functions (Bitch).

I heard someone on the news say, "This is the first half-commoner to be born into the Royal family", as if its a different race or something. The Windsors are nothing but a bunch of welfare bums, sucking the life-blood out of the British people.

Old Post 07-23-13 19:26 #
Kontra Kommando is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Patch93

http://i.qkme.me/3r3ek2.jpg

Old Post 07-23-13 20:01 #
Patch93 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Eris Falling
Forum Staple

eargoesdown's (I think?) IDGAF cheat would be great for threads like this.

EDIT: BBC News expands by not just going on about the royal baby, but in fact going on to tell stories about random baby's that are of no significance whatsoever. Seriously, I get that some people are psyched by the royal baby, but does the British public really need to learn about baby Genericname from Genericsville, also born yesterday?

Last edited by Eris Falling on 07-23-13 at 22:10

Old Post 07-23-13 21:21 #
bcwood16

Obsidian said:
Let's get him playing Doom. \m/

lol - nice!

Old Post 07-24-13 09:43 #
bcwood16 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
MRB_Doom
Forum Regular

Oh the reptoid has eyes to glow at the üntermensch below it's massive palace, ooohhhh. The future dictator of Great Britain. The Windsors aren't even British, they're a German royal family who had the surname of Bauer, then Saxburg-Gotha then Windsor. Traitors!

Old Post 07-24-13 09:48 #
MRB_Doom is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TheCupboard
Forum Regular

Good to know royalty can still procreate. With all the medical care available today, their gametes still have a chance.

Old Post 07-24-13 12:05 #
TheCupboard is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote