User Profile | New Blog | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | Member List | Search Forums | Register | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Morons > Post Hell > Someone somewhere had problems with Kayak.com

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 21:02.   
SavageCorona

I logged onto Twitter to find that Totalbiscuit and his wife Genna had been dicked over by Kayak because they cancelled their flight AND haven't given them a refund, and customer service said "There's nothing we can do."

Their tweets:

Genna Bain ‏@GennaBain 7m
Never use Kayak to actually book your tickets. They just cancelled all our flights to Bucharest with no reason at all....

Genna Bain ‏@GennaBain 7m
Even my bank shows where the money has gone to Kayak but they cancelled it anyway...

Totalbiscuit ‏@Totalbiscuit 5m
Well @kayak just cancelled all our Dreamhack Bucharest flights for no reason. Prices have now skyrocketed. Terrible site, avoid at all costs

Totalbiscuit ‏@Totalbiscuit 6m
Call to customer service said "there's nothing they can do". We booked the tickets 3 days ago, got an email at 4:50am cancelling them all

Totalbiscuit ‏@Totalbiscuit 3m
Needless to say we have not got the money back either yet.

Genna Bain ‏@GennaBain 58s
Wow! Shame on me for not responding within 1 minute at nearly 5 in the morning. -- http://i.imgur.com/EQvGWsC.png & http://i.imgur.com/K3j0eSs.png

Totalbiscuit ‏@Totalbiscuit 2m
If only I had some kind of gigantic internet platform to tell everyone about how terrible they are....

Totalbiscuit ‏@Totalbiscuit 1m
Yes, you read that correctly, the cancellation email is dated 1 minute BEFORE the request for additional information

Especially look at the pictures Genna posted.

Read it and further updates on the matter from their Twitter pages at
http://twitter.com/Totalbiscuit
and
http://twitter.com/GennaBain

Share this around to everyone possible. I made a Bitly link if you use Twitter: http://bit.ly/1b4Wx7W

Also Genna just posted a tweet with information that Kayak is owned by the founders of Expedia, Travelocity and Orbitz, so be careful about them too.

TotalBiscuit talks about it in this VLOG a few minutes in:

'ERE'S THE BLOODY LINK TO ME TWITTERS

Last edited by SavageCorona on 08-09-13 at 13:50

Old Post 08-04-13 16:54
SavageCorona is offline Profile || Click here to Send SavageCorona a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
geo
Forum Staple

Kayak cancelling their tickets looks like some bullshit. Especially if they were charged for them. Looking at Kayak's commercials too, they don't really give me a feeling of trust from watching them. 'Don't be like that guy.' It makes me think oh Kayak would be so petty as to hold grudges against people and not let them fly? What the fuck kind of company is that?

Plus a name like Kayak.... you want to FLY not boat? Oh and Kayak is too common of a name. Good luck standing apart from Kayaking vacations.

I can make a site that searches every travel site. Its not that hard when they all have APIs.

From the look of the Twitters, They paid Kayak and Kayak paid Travelocity. How fucked up would that be if my assumption is correct? This could end up being a big deal if it happened to them, its probably happening elsewhere.

On another note...

Don't use Priceline. I just helped my mom and aunt book a flight... they insisted on Priceline. Priceline had a cheaper price than booking straight with the airline for the same flight. Why were they cheaper? Because some airlines have you pre book your baggage. Pre booking your baggage costs $20 before hand.... if you book your baggage at the airport its $35 - $40. Depending on the airline. So you end up spending more. Priceline.

On top of that, Priceline fucked up their booking. Even though they ordered 2 tickets on the same flight going somewhere and coming back, Priceline's email and confirmation had them going there together, but coming back on flights that were 12 hours apart. How the fuck does that happen? The confirmation on Priceline said they're together (I saved the webpage), but the email said they were on different flights. So they called the airline. Priceline booked their flight coming home separately. Again how the fuck did they screw that up?

Last edited by geo on 08-04-13 at 17:14

Old Post 08-04-13 17:09
geo is offline Profile || Click here to Send geo a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Maes
I like big butts!

So I guess there's nothing wrong with Canoes just yet?

Old Post 08-04-13 17:10
Maes is online now Profile || Click here to Send Maes a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
geo
Forum Staple

I just want to point out.... people have drown in overturned kayaks. Just saying.

Old Post 08-04-13 17:16
geo is offline Profile || Click here to Send geo a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
SavageCorona

geo said:
Kayak cancelling their tickets looks like some bullshit. Especially if they were charged for them.

Did you look at those images Genna posted? They received emails about it. The first one about the tickets being cancelled THEN the second one about them needing more info, 1 minute later, which is pretty suspicious.

Old Post 08-04-13 17:29
SavageCorona is offline Profile || Click here to Send SavageCorona a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Grazza
=/-

I wouldn't take this at face value. It could be some sort of user error, or it could be malicious.

I've never booked through Kayak myself, but wouldn't actively avoid it due to a one-sided version of events like this.

I've booked hundreds of flights through Expedia and never had a problem, though I'm sure that there are people griping about them online for one reason or another.

Old Post 08-04-13 17:30
Grazza is offline Profile || Click here to Send Grazza a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
geo
Forum Staple

Yeah I always go with Expedia too. For the past decade if not longer.

So this is 2 separate people having the same issue or are Genna and TotalBuiscuit partners or something? << edit I see now they're a couple.

There could always be a logical explanation to this. Mistaken identity. Accident with the automation? It could be anything. Maybe its Travelocities issue with Kayak and Kayak has to deal with it now.

Old Post 08-04-13 17:34
SavageCorona

SavageCorona said:
I logged onto Twitter to find that Totalbiscuit and his wife Genna had been dicked over by Kayak because they cancelled their flight AND haven't given them a refund, and customer service said "There's nothing we can do."

Preferably read all of the post.

Old Post 08-04-13 17:36
Jodwin
Forum Staple

Grazza said:
I wouldn't take this at face value. It could be some sort of user error, or it could be malicious.

TotalBiscuit and Genna run a professional Starcraft 2 team located in Korea. Their whole team (four people) is going to attend Dreamhack Bucharest. They booked flights for the team through Kayak and paid for them (might also have included tickets for staff, not sure). Kayak cancels flights on its own.

Old Post 08-04-13 19:26
Jodwin is offline Profile || Click here to Send Jodwin a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
hex11

Maes said:
So I guess there's nothing wrong with Canoes just yet?

There's no security theatre for canoes. It's one of the few honest modes of transportation left. You can even bring your shotgun. ;-)

Old Post 08-04-13 20:21
hex11 is offline Profile || Click here to Send hex11 a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
SavageCorona

Can I bring my laptop to play Counter Strike?

http://punbit.s3.amazonaws.com/2012/02/12/21/5d21_e27900_4843.jpg

Old Post 08-04-13 20:45
Nomad
Not dumb enough to get a custom title

SavageCorona said:
Also Genna just posted a tweet with information that Kayak is owned by the founders of Expedia, Travelocity and Orbitz, so don't use them either.

...So basically just never use the internet for booking travel ever again?

Old Post 08-04-13 21:52
Nomad is offline Profile || Click here to Send Nomad a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

I'm disappointed that this thread isn't about someone trying to use small boats in an airport.

Old Post 08-04-13 21:59
Gez is offline Profile || Click here to Send Gez a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
SavageCorona

I actually thought she was talking about kayaking across the ocean before I knew Kayak was an airline company. You and me both.

Old Post 08-04-13 22:23
SavageCorona

What sneaky little mod changed my title?

Old Post 08-06-13 14:18
geo
Forum Staple

I remember when I posted a similar thread on a different forum about a different company about 17 years ago. The actual company chimed in and threatened the forum to take it down. I'm not saying that's the case here, but I guess it didn't need to have 'don't buy from kayak.'

Old Post 08-06-13 15:08
SavageCorona

Edited OP just in case.

Old Post 08-06-13 15:47
geo
Forum Staple

Total Biscuit talks about this issue >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=U...e&v=74iSPX7Tby8

Old Post 08-08-13 18:50
SavageCorona

Fucks sake I was about to post that. Guess I'll edit OP so they don't have to come down here so I win this one.

Old Post 08-09-13 13:45