Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Netherstorm

Your favorite childhood games?

I remeber at school we had a shitty computer with 2 games (demos).
1."m&m's" 3d straight platformer with 1 level.
2.lego racers with 1 level as well.

Did anyone here play "if you tell anyone I'll come get you" with their uncle? Also, "this is our little secret". Fun times...

Wario Land/SML series (SML1 first ever owned game)
TLoZ Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages
Super Mario Bros Deluxe
TLoZ A Link to the Past GBA
Mario Kart Super Circuit
Super Mario Advance 2 & 4
Super Mario 64
Goldeneye
Star Wars Shadows of the Empire
Diddy Kong Racing
Doom 64 :P
Street Fighter 2 Special Champion Editon Sega
LHX Attack Chopper Sega

The N64 and Sega games were actually my brothers, but he let me play them at times.

My first console was a Gamecube, but that was during my teens (15) so I wont include favorite games on it.

NES ruled, the classics: zelda2>zelda1, smb1-3, megaman 2-4, ninja gaiden. also gradius, tmnt, blaster master, little nemo.

For computer many of them came on those discs with "10,000+ amazing DOS games!", Jill of the Jungle, Jetpack, Jazz Jackrabbit were great ones I can recall. My parents also had a Mac, so I still have things like this laying around :) Other compy games doom ofc, duke, descent. I was still young in the era of starcraft, so I guess I could count that too. Probably forgetting a ton but oh well.

Jayextee said:

Did anyone here play "if you tell anyone I'll come get you" with their uncle? Also, "this is our little secret". Fun times...

No, but I know plenty of people who did. I guess I consider myself pretty lucky that I was spared that game given what happened in my community.

Too many to list, but for the longest time in the early 90's I'd spend entire car rides up and down and across the country just playing the Super Mario Land series, Donkey Kong '94 and Mega Man III on my Gameboy; I'd have to take several packs of AA batteries to last a journey, because I would never put the fucking thing down.

(And let's face it; as a kid you can only look outside so many times before every strange place might as well be the same as the last one. Another field. Another set of lights. Another set of buildings. Another dickhead who can't drive for shit, causing my dad to shout obscenities for several minutes.)

BaronOfStuff said:

for the longest time in the early 90's I'd spend entire car rides up and down and across the country just playing the Super Mario Land series, Donkey Kong '94 and Mega Man III on my Gameboy;

Back in the 60's we had to make do with magnetic chess sets and the like. Being the only member of the family who could follow a map and give clear directions, I tended to be the designated navigator in unfamiliar territory.

BaronOfStuff said:

for the longest time in the early 90's I'd spend entire car rides up and down and across the country just playing the Super Mario Land series, Donkey Kong '94 and Mega Man III on my Gameboy.

I remember playing my gameboys while my parents drove to places, almost every time I got motion sickness after a while from playing.

Jazz Jackrabbit 2, got it with my pc in 98 and found it to be a very good if rather easy game. That along with Quake.

twin cobra(arcade,still play it to this day),spider fighter(atari 2600),venture(coleco),bards tale,wasteland,legacy of the ancients and defender of the crown(c64),rc pro am(nes),zelda:a link to the past(snes),doom 1&2,command and conquer,quake 2,day of the tentacle,BF 1942(PC),goldeneye,mariocart64(n64)

Doom, doom 2, doom 3, duke 3d n super Mario 64.
[Edit]
Then growing up, half life, and half life 2,
Now I'm playing Chrono Trigger, and I'm liking it.

Sorry Googlers who thought this was an actual game tag set.

Did anyone ever play Wall Ball; aka Wallizes; aka Hand-ball? You take one of those small blue rubber balls, and you had to whack the ball against the ground, and bounce it off the wall, sorta like tennis. But if someone missed, the other players would scramble to peg that person with the ball. But if the person that missed was able to touch the wall, he was safe. If someone attempted to peg someone, and missed, he would have to stand there, and be pegged with the ball by the person he was trying to get. We used to play this in the school yard a lot in elementary school.

Basket Ball, and Soccer (Football) was fun too. I still play sometimes.