Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Canofbacon

What do you think about AVGN?

I like the AVGN and I think he's funny. I like how he does his comedy as well as how he reviews games. As for Mike Matei, I think he's pretty cool too. I'm also excited for the AVGN movie as well. So yeah, I think the AVGN is awesome.

I think Mike is very annoying and boring. Why is he in the videos? Every video with him has none of the AVGN I know, except Dream Phone which was awesome.

Canofbacon said:

It seems some members of this community are fans of the Angry Video Game Nerd. Do you think the quality of his videos has gone down? Are you going to see the AVGN movie? Overall, what are your thoughts? He doesn't seem as angry or funny to me anymore. His videos seem rushed. Hopefully the AVGN movie won't be this way.

I won't see the movie. I really don't think I could stand it. I think the quality has improved in terms of I can sit through them now. Back when he used to end things with sheer craziness, I'd turn it off. Sometimes I just care about the review not the insanity that made him famous. There was a year when I felt his videos were just dull and meh like he's just contractually obligated to do them.

As for Mike, his first few videos just really seemed forced, but now he's eased back and he's a lot more tolerable.

I also laugh at the fact his first 2 videos in 2006 made him famous when they were pretty bad and meh. I can't say they were funny so much as people were probably laughing and saying look at this drunk nerd that hates these games....

I gotta say, what even would an AVGN movie entail? I'm guessing something like the MST3K Movie or like the purposely stupid TGWTG Films

Clonehunter said:

I gotta say, what even would an AVGN movie entail? I'm guessing something like the MST3K Movie or like the purposely stupid TGWTG Films

Durrrr?

I'm kind of envisioning Wayne's World. He does the show and this is his fake life outside of the show and the quest to do the ultimate video.

Never was a fan of AVGN. When it comes to gaming videos, I usually watch TotalBiscuit and Jesse Cox. Also, I've recently discovered Dunkey, who is fucking hilarious.

You can totally tell this movie has a tight budget. Nothing against AVGN, I liked some of his reviews, but that trailer was a bit painful to watch.