Archvile
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > GTA 5 will be out tomorrow, has 98% on metacritic
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 4 » ... Last »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 06:45. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
hardcore_gamer
Fáviti Member

Know I know that metacritic scores are pretty much bullshit but holy crap: http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox.../critic-reviews

Almost nothing but 10/10 for everybody and everyone!

That said, I remeber GTA 4 getting similar scores even though I find it to be fairly dull. Will you be picking this game up?

Old Post 09-16-13 19:44 #
hardcore_gamer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
exl
Personal Test Dummy

Dug out a second hand PS3 for this game. I cannot wait.

Old Post 09-16-13 19:46 #
exl is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
DoOmEr4LiFe
DoOm TiL dEaTh

GTA games have the tendency to get boring after a while, traditionally anyway. Though I did thoroughly enjoy Vice City way back when. This game looks like a new direction and Rockstar made sure to put tons of things in to ensure it doesn't get boring. I'm definitely up to giving it a shot!

Old Post 09-16-13 20:28 #
DoOmEr4LiFe is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Jodwin
Forum Staple

If you're going to play it, at least do yourself a favor and wait until it's not on seven years old hardware.

Also, SR4.

Last edited by Jodwin on 09-16-13 at 21:51

Old Post 09-16-13 21:46 #
Jodwin is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
glenzinho
Forum Regular

Picked up the Special Edition when it was released at midnight here... looking forward to playing the shit out of it! The only two games I play are Doom and the GTA family of games.

Old Post 09-16-13 21:54 #
glenzinho is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Bucket
ROCK & LOAD
COCK BEEN BLOWED
IN YOUR MOUTH,
MANJUICE EXPLOAD

If you buy games at launch, you're just begging to be disappointed. I'll wait for the real, not-written-by-paid-shills reviews, thanks.

Old Post 09-16-13 22:02 #
Bucket is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Phml
Forum Staple

That's what $260m buys you.

Old Post 09-16-13 22:11 #
Phml is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Mr. Freeze
etc.

Fully preordered it months ago, took tomorrow off just to play it all day. I'm fucking ready.

Old Post 09-16-13 22:22 #
Mr. Freeze is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Technician
Still no custom title

I still have to play GTA 3.

Old Post 09-16-13 22:27 #
Technician is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Obsidian
Forum Staple

I DO NOT LIKE GRAND THEFT AUTO.

*Hides*

Old Post 09-16-13 22:54 #
Obsidian is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
WildWeasel
Resident Castlevania Super-Fanboy

Waiting on the PC version.

(...so I can torrent it. =P)

Old Post 09-16-13 22:54 #
WildWeasel is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
TheEndOfUs

Technician said:
I still have to play GTA 3.

Still the best of the series

Old Post 09-16-13 23:05 #
TheEndOfUs is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Technician
Still no custom title

WildWeasel said:
Waiting on the PC version.
Some people were surprised that they didn't get a PC game.

And it still got a good review.

Old Post 09-16-13 23:10 #
Technician is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Lombardi
Green Marine

I'm gonna buy it for the PS4 when it comes out. I don't have to get it immediately like the majority of the people. You know why?

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Old Post 09-17-13 00:08 #
Lombardi is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Glaice
formerly Mr. Chris

I hate seeing everyone throw mid or high 90s when nothing is perfect. Come on, let's see some 70s and 80s unless some critics got paid to give high scores.

Old Post 09-17-13 01:22 #
Glaice is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Dragonsbrethren

Meh, I'll wait for this to drop in price. If you've played one of the 3D GTAs, you've played them all IMO. GTA4 was a regression after SA. Sounds like this is a lot better than GTA4, but I've already bought essentially the same game four times now. GTA5 needs to have everything the previous games did and more to justify buying it. Storyline in these games doesn't do it for me.

Technician said:
Some people were surprised that they didn't get a PC game.

*sigh* I wish I was a woman so I could facepalm at this even harder.

Old Post 09-17-13 01:23 #
Dragonsbrethren is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
hardcore_gamer
Fáviti Member

There will be a PC version. They are simply releasing the console versions first so that fewer people will just pirate the PC version and not buy the game for the consoles.

Its a smart strategy as well, and I wished people just did that instead of filling the PC versions of games with DRM crap.

Old Post 09-17-13 01:37 #
hardcore_gamer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Olympus

I preordered it as well. What I'm really looking forward to (and confused about) is the multiplayer. I read somewhere that GTA online won't be available for two weeks. Does this mean no co-op until then? If so I would be pretty annoyed, as one of the main reasons I'm buying it is to play alongside some friends.

Old Post 09-17-13 01:37 #
Olympus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Quast
insert title here

hardcore_gamer said:
There will be a PC version. They are simply releasing the console versions first so that fewer people will just pirate the PC version and not buy the game for the consoles.

Its a smart strategy as well, and I wished people just did that instead of filling the PC versions of games with DRM crap.

Yeah, there probably won't be an ps3 iso of this game up the moment the game gets released like every other game.

Old Post 09-17-13 02:43 #
Quast is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Avoozl
Forum Staple

Not actually looking forward to it, not too fond of the changes that make the game easier such as regen health either.

Old Post 09-17-13 03:01 #
Avoozl is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
schwerpunk

Looks fun, anyway. I guess we'll know more tomorrow. It'll have to rock pretty hard to dethrone Saints Row as current queen of the urban open world genre.

Old Post 09-17-13 03:21 #
schwerpunk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
BloodyAcid

My god that poor Gamespot reviewer, getting railed for a 9/10.

DON'T MAKE A PC VERSION...signed by 10,000.
https://www.change.org/en-CA/petiti...-of-gta-v#share

Mixed with the opposing 350k, the haters are about 90% behind.

Old Post 09-17-13 04:59 #
BloodyAcid is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Caffeine Freak
black and shiny

After getting GTA IV for PC when it was first ported over and subsequently experiencing the slow frame rates that made it unplayable, I think I'll wait before getting the GTA V port (if one is indeed planned).

Old Post 09-17-13 05:39 #
Caffeine Freak is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
schwerpunk

Welp, my copy's downloading right now as I'm about to go to bed. Guess I'll see what all the hype is about tomorrow morning...

Old Post 09-17-13 05:48 #
schwerpunk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Satyr000

hardcore_gamer said:

Wouldn't count on it. Red Dead: Redemption is one of Rockstar's highest selling and rated games. It came out a full 2 years after GTA4. To this day Rockstar has not made any plans to port it to pc. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Rockstar does not port GTA5.

Old Post 09-17-13 05:55 #
Satyr000 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Captain Red
Pants

Fuck Metacritic and fuck anyone who thinks their enjoyment of a video game can be expressed mathematically (and SUPER fuck publishers who screw developers based on any number Metacritic shits out, but that's another topic)

Jodwin said:
If you're going to play it, at least do yourself a favor and wait until it's not on seven years old hardware.

Also, SR4.

I really rather play the game on the platform that the developers have spent years mastering rather then some new shit that they're not yet competent with. What are we missing out on? Some slightly higher res textures and whatever new filter that I'd probably turn off anyway (if it where on PC)?

That said: Saint Row 4 is actually really good and I say that playing the censored Australian version. Holy-moly!

Obsidian said:
I DO NOT LIKE GRAND THEFT AUTO.

*Hides*

http://25.media.tumblr.com/04f87cdfa82d31a71a04901f7920ea55/tumblr_mmm0sab0NA1rff9ubo1_500.png

Old Post 09-17-13 06:05 #
Captain Red is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
geo
Forum Staple

Meh I lost all interest when GTA 4 came out and I own the same GTA games on 4 platforms.

Old Post 09-17-13 06:16 #
geo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
geekmarine

To me, the actual gameplay of GTA games has never really felt all that satisfying. Thus, I've never really made it very far through the story mode of any GTA game I've owned. Sure, it's fun to jack a car and go on a rampage, but the actual missions have always felt boring, and I've never liked the feel of the gun mechanics and whatnot. I will say GTA V looks impressive, but unless they fix the issues I've had with combat mechanics and whatnot, it seems like a waste of time. Am I the only one who didn't like how combat tends to work in the GTA games?

Old Post 09-17-13 06:53 #
geekmarine is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Avoozl
Forum Staple

In order from first to last I've played through SA, IV, EFLC and VC, and I can say I enjoyed VC the most.

Old Post 09-17-13 07:07 #
Avoozl is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Jodwin
Forum Staple

Captain Red said:
What are we missing out on?

Frame rate.

inb4 HOOMANS CAN ONLY SEE 30FPS

Old Post 09-17-13 08:00 #
Jodwin is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote