Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Krispy

Doomworld IQ test comparison

143, which is oddly enough the same number I got the first time I ever took an online IQ test, which was 9th/10th grade.

I should note I was high for this, but the problems really aren't that difficult. I found it was more using different approaches for each problem worked well enough

Which reminds me - that bit about answering faster = more points? What if you rush through it in under a minute? How much is your score boosted by?

EDIT: Nevermind, it just says "faster than 13 minutes". But I still wonder how big the boost is

Nobody can really measure the intelligence of someone.
IQ Tests only show you how much you can actually score in an IQ test.

Crasger said:

Nobody can really measure the intelligence of someone.
IQ Tests only show you how much you can actually score in an IQ test.

Nobody can reliably quantify the intelligence of any given individuals indeed, seeing as there are multiple intelligences defined, and many of which (such as interpersonal and intrapersonal) are not easily quantifiable.

That said, conventional IQ tests do a pretty good job of measuring the visual-spatial and logical-mathematical spectra.

Obigatory dickwaving ITT: My IQ is 960, anyone doubting it probably doesn't have high enough IQ to recognize my level of genius.

Maes said:

Well, don't pretend too much out of a dumbed-down logical/mathematical skill test. You're likely to encounter one at least 5 times as long as part of a job screening test. If you had to complete it in...say, 5 minutes, then we'd be talking.

Timed test are okay. In most scenarios, it may assess perhaps how many kilonodes/sec your brain is able to process and calculate, but not so much its search algorithm.

I've been a regular in chess tournaments, and find that there are players who are horrible at speed chess, but will create the most beautiful games with classical time limits. Such is search speed vs algorithmic efficiency.

If you're looking a non-timed IQ test that measures IQ beyond 140, try some of Ronald Hoefflin's samples: http://alliqtests.com/tests/take_test/24/1/