Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fellowzdoomer

Best SNES game you've played?

Finally! I post a poll! Have you ever had an snes?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Finally! I post a poll! Have you ever had an snes?

• Yeah, the ACTUAL.
    • It was an emulator.
    • No, my parents wouldn't give me entertainment.
    • Whats an SNES? -.-

The best SNES game youve ever played...As a child or the present. Or were you one of those who didn't have an SNES as a kid? Like me -.-

Im learning how to post a poll...leave me alone :-)

favorites in alphabetical order (because I'm incapable of following directions and just picking one):

chrono trigger
contra 3
dkc1-3
earthbound (probably my favorite)
kirby's dream course
legend of zelda
lion king
megaman x
Rtype3
super mario rpg
super mario world
super metroid
super ghouls/ghosts
super puyo puyo tsu (though this is inferior to the genesis titles by a good margin)
tetris attack
yoshi's island

as a kid I played most of these in cartridge form, but all emulation nowadays.

Final Fantasy IV for RPGs. It should have zero replay value as far as RPGs go, since you can't customize any aspect aspect of your party other than equipment, yet I've replayed it more times than I care to admit. The game just works. Chrono Trigger's a good second (one that, similarly, doesn't allow character customization...sensing a trend), might take the number one spot if I actually owned it back in the day.

The action/adventure/platformer genres can all be covered by Super Metroid. Its physics...aren't great, which is especially noticeable after playing the GBA Metroids, but it has the best map design in the sidescrolling series. Subtle hints guide you along, rather that a map telling you where to go after each ability.

Good list, Ribbiks. The only ones there that I wouldn't list myself are the ones I haven't played, so there's a pretty good chance they're all great.

I would also add Metal Warriors to the list, although I played it some years ago on an emulator, and I don't think it aged very well. Still, it was probably my first introduction to a 'deathmatch' type game.

DAT SOUNDTRACK

Super Metroid, Chrono Trigger and Earth Bound are obvious quality ones.

Other notables imo: Zombies ate my neighbors, NHL 96, Alien 3, Demons crest, Rtype 3, Gradius 3 and of course Contra 3.

There's too many to list. Super Metroid, Super Mario All Stars, Mortal Kombat II, TMNT Turtles in Time, Batman Begins come to mind the quickest, but that's definitely not all of them.

I never had an SNES, only played some games via emulator. Put the most time into Chrono Trigger, and I love Star Ocean as well. Super Mario RPG is the shit, also. Always wanted to get into Earthbound but got to the bit with the mushrooms that fuck up your walking and it was too annoying at the time.

First console and my first set of games (besides Wolf3D) as a kid. Some of my favorites are Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island, Donkey Kong Country 2 and 3, Killer Instinct, and Mortal Kombat II.

Nomad said:

I never had an SNES, only played some games via emulator. Put the most time into Chrono Trigger, and I love Star Ocean as well. Super Mario RPG is the shit, also. Always wanted to get into Earthbound but got to the bit with the mushrooms that fuck up your walking and it was too annoying at the time.

Same except only I tried Chrono Trigger and got bored immediately and stopped mainly because of the slow turtle paced and dull start, I have played though Super Mario RPG but played neither Star Ocean nor Earthbound.

Here's my list:

Super Castlevasnia IV
SUPER CASTLEVANIA IV
SUPER CASTLEVANIA IV

SERIOUSLY IT'S THE BEST SNES GAME YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW

I was always fond of SimEarth for the SNES, myself. I won't say it's the best SNES game out there or anything, but there was just something about it that I fell in love with. And it's gotta be the SNES version, because the improved graphics and music just really made that game for me.

I've played Super Mario World. I never got past the third map.

Every other game I've played on SNES was a racing game for some reason. The ones that come to mind are F-Zero, Mario Kart, and Top Gear.

My parents never let us have any consoles until the xmas they bought us a VirtualBoy. Never buy that for a half-blind kid! It would be a cool thing to show to people now, because it's technically interesting, but my dumbass brother got mad at it one day and punched it hard enough to break one of the displays.

Donkey kong country 1-3
Super star wars 1-3
Super mario world
Castlevania 4
Castlevania vampires kiss
Shadowrun
chronotrigger
secret of mana
earthbound
Jurassic Park Part 2: The Chaos Continues

Yep, those are the classics and I'm happy that I have been able to play them on real system because I dont support roms.

DKC 2 here.

DKC series in general just doesn't seem to get old. I bust out the SNES every year or so to play through 1-3, and it always feel new and fresh. Somehow I forget and rediscover everything about these games.

The SNES port of Doom.

Just kidding. Honestly, I haven't played a single SNES game apart from Super Mario World. And that wasn't even the real SNES game, but a PC port.

The only SNES game I've played on an actual SNES which I remember was my cousins was Donkey Kong Country, I would say it's the best I have played simply because of the nostalgia none of the other SNES games have given me via emulator, not saying I didn't get enjoyment out of the other games because of emulators though, simply the nostalgia is a plus.

I may as well participate in my own thread.

Chrono trigger
Mortal Kombat 1-3
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3

All present. I dont like SNES Doom. It just shows it as if you're loading Heretic into Doom. The weird colors.

Right now I'm playing Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes. Pretty good.

I had a SNES when I was a kid. Favourite games would be Bomberman, Mario Kart, Mortal Kombat II, Street Fighter II and Donkey Kong Country. Mainly multiplayer games because we were young enough to be able to just spend all day playing games against each other.

Quast said:

Alien 3

The only version to feature movie-like soundtrack instead of typical "videogame music", among other differences.

Final Fight
EVO: The Search for Eden
Robocop Vs Terminator
Crono Trigger
Zelda: A link to the past
Mortal Kombat II
Gradius III
Sim City
Samurai Shodown
Star Fox

That's my top-ten in no particular order. I know I'm forgeting some others I really enjoyed, but these were the first that came to mind.

I still play Super Nintendo with my cousins. Mario games are the only ones they'll play.