Baron of Hell
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > I can't turn off e-mail notifications here

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 21:14. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Katamori
Forum Staple

This problem have occured on other forums too:

In Options, I say for "Allow Bulletin Board Administrators and Moderators To Send You Email Notices?" that "no", but I still get e-mail notifications about new posts on subscribed threads.

It irritates me 'cause I don't need them. Though, if I unsubscribe from all threads, I won't be able to follow them from "User Profile" neither.

What to do?

"Use 'Email Notification' by default?" is also "no".

CYBERCRAFT: A cyberpunk RPG for LÍVE

Old Post 10-26-13 14:30 #
Katamori is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
plums

As far as I know, you can't, it's a limitation of this version of vBulletin. Here is my understanding, I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong:

Use 'Email Notification' by default? emails you if someone replies to a topic you've posted in, whether or not you are subscribed to it.

Subscribing to a thread always emails you if a new post is made in that thread, whether or not you have posted in it.

Newer vBulletin versions have an option called Default Thread Subscription Mode that would do what you want, but it is not available here.

The only way to stay subscribed to threads and not receive email is to change your email address to a junk address, or filter the mail from your mailbox.

Old Post 10-26-13 15:08 #
plums is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Shadow Hog
Forum Regular

plums said:
The only way to stay subscribed to threads and not receive email is to change your email address to a junk address, or filter the mail from your mailbox.
Doesn't it fix it if you go User Profile -> Edit Options -> Set "Use 'Email Notification' by default?" to "No"?

Old Post 10-26-13 16:03 #
Shadow Hog is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote