Mancubus
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > GG, Youtube, you fucked it up AGAIN!
How much worse do you think Youtube could possibly get?
None at all, this is the epitome of absolutely fucking horrible.
It may well get worse.
It's definitely going to get even worse than this.
It's going to turn into fucking Google video enterprises.
View Results [Edit Poll (moderators only)]
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 4 » ... Last »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 17:31. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
SavageCorona

Youtube has done it again! Now you HAVE to use a Google+ account to log in, and it forces you to upgrade your account and if you don't, you get like 5 extra "channels" which aren't really your channel because apparently one account can have more than one channel (don't ask me). And if you try to use one of these "channels", it fucking directs you back to the god damn main page, not logged in, forcing you to use this shitty Google+ account which has nothing that your channel has, so it's like starting from scratch all over again. Brilliant one, YT, brilliant one. GG, slow clap.

I swear if they keep up this shit I'm fucking done with them and moving onto another website. They actually managed to piss me off to the point of shouting into a camer- OH FUCKING WAIT.

'ERE'S THE BLOODY LINK TO ME TWITTERS

Old Post 11-05-13 22:37 #
SavageCorona is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Rayzik

This is Google's fault, not YouTube. Google owns YouTube now.

Old Post 11-05-13 22:50 #
Rayzik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
SavageCorona

Youtube should know better than to let Google do this shit. In fact Google should know better than to do this shit, they can Google why people hate this shit.

Also shit.

Old Post 11-05-13 22:51 #
SavageCorona is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Technician
Still no custom title

Blip is getting worse, too. They were just recently bought-out and they started dropping a lot of payed talent for not meeting new scrutinies.

If they start abiding to corporate DMCs at the drop of a hat, Blip will especially become YouTube.

SavageCorona said:
Youtube should know better than to let Google do this shit.
They're one and the same, bro.

Old Post 11-05-13 22:53 #
Technician is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
SavageCorona

Are there any other video websites I can upload let's plays to and earn money off ad revenue? Preferably not one related to Google in any way besides Adsense.

Old Post 11-05-13 22:56 #
Technician
Still no custom title

SavageCorona said:
Are there any other video websites I can upload let's plays to and earn money off ad revenue?
I think you're going to see that gravy train come to stop inevitably, anyhow.

Old Post 11-05-13 22:57 #
Technician is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
geo
Forum Staple

I really just watch Youtube via PS3. Nothing has changed.

Old Post 11-05-13 23:04 #
geo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Eris Falling
Forum Staple

it's like starting from scratch all over again.

A whopping 800 views, 4 subscribers and backups of all my videos? It would be annoying to have to start again but it wouldn't lose a massive amount.
Personally, they can try me with their Google+ shit, I'm ready. Bastards.

EDIT: Let's face it, in reality this'll probably have as much effect as trying to force real name usage. How's that going for them anyway?

Old Post 11-05-13 23:10 #
Eris Falling is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
geo
Forum Staple

I guess that Google wants to beat Facebook for that anti Google campaign. Youtube is the stepping stone. Get that crossover.

Old Post 11-05-13 23:25 #
geo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Technician
Still no custom title

geo said:
I guess that Google wants to beat Facebook for that anti Google campaign.
I just seen on the news yesterday that Facebook interest has hit an all time low. The newscaster interviewed some kids and they basically said participating in anything their parents enjoy is lame. Kids just don't want to be apart of anything that the casual adult enjoys, I guess.

Old Post 11-05-13 23:28 #
Crasger

The Google+ being forced upon the YouTubers is a really dumb idea.

Really dumb
It's as annoying as... well, someone who just approaches you and forces you to do something for them. Like a... real estate salesperson for example.

Old Post 11-05-13 23:31 #
Crasger is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Waffenak
Forum Regular

Everything is turning to shit nowadays welcome to modern time

Old Post 11-05-13 23:56 #
Waffenak is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
exp(x)

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2897336

Note: There is no public link between your new page and personal Google+ profile (if you have one). People who view your YouTube channel or Google+ page will not find any connection to your personal profile or name, unless you publicly link them yourself.
I fail to see the problem.

Old Post 11-06-13 00:02 #
exp(x) is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
geo
Forum Staple

Technician said:
I just seen on the news yesterday that Facebook interest has hit an all time low. The newscaster interviewed some kids and they basically said participating in anything their parents enjoy is lame. Kids just don't want to be apart of anything that the casual adult enjoys, I guess.

Yeah Yahoo has been pushing to make it public teens hate Facebook. Why? Your parents are on it. Same thing happened to Myspace. The new thing is Twitter or SnapChat that supposedly removes all of your penis pics that you post within 10 seconds. People save things....

Old Post 11-06-13 00:13 #
GreyGhost
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Google says:
One account is all you need

"A single username and password gets you into everything Google."
What I don't like about account consolidation is that the fewer passwords you have to worry about, the more you stand to lose when one is compromised. I pity the fools who use their FaceBook credentials to login to third-party sites.

Old Post 11-06-13 02:01 #
GreyGhost is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
40oz
Forum Spammer

Well it will soon be fixed when they require all users to have a minimum of 24 characters in their passwords, with no repeating letters, four numbers, with only two allowed in succession at a time, two uppercase letters and no distinguishable words or names.

Old Post 11-06-13 02:48 #
40oz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Quast
insert title here

The only thing I really hate is youtube asking me every other fucking day if I wanna combine my youtube name and gmail name. It's rather annoying actually. How many times do I have to say no?

Old Post 11-06-13 02:48 #
Quast is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Mechadon

Quast said:
The only thing I really hate is youtube asking me every other fucking day if I wanna combine my youtube name and gmail name. It's rather annoying actually. How many times do I have to say no?

Yea, this has been driving me up the wall lately.

I accidentally swapped to my real name a while back. The screen asking me to change my username popped up on me unknowingly and I accidentally swapped it to my real name. It took me forever to figure out how to change it back. But after I finally figured out how to change back to my username, it started bugging me about using my real name again.

My guess is they just keep asking you over and over until you cave in and use your real name, just to see that stupid box go away.

Old Post 11-06-13 02:53 #
Mechadon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Rayzik

Mechadon said:

Yea, this has been driving me up the wall lately.

I accidentally swapped to my real name a while back. The screen asking me to change my username popped up on me unknowingly and I accidentally swapped it to my real name. It took me forever to figure out how to change it back. But after I finally figured out how to change back to my username, it started bugging me about using my real name again.

My guess is they just keep asking you over and over until you cave in and use your real name, just to see that stupid box go away.

That's strange, it only ever asked me once and I selected the slightly hidden "never ask me again" box. Maybe they removed that choice?

Old Post 11-06-13 03:27 #
Rayzik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Nomad
Not dumb enough to get a custom title

yeah I finally caved in to using my real name. I don't really have a reason not to other than I just didn't want to. It's the principle of the matter.

Old Post 11-06-13 03:48 #
Nomad is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Grazza
=/-

Mechadon said:
Maybe this is something that could be suppressed using Adblock-Plus (or similar). That's my go-to utility whenever a website starts doing something annoying or naggy (assuming I still want to bother using the site at all).

Old Post 11-06-13 04:05 #
Grazza is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Avoozl
Forum Staple

Well at least I was able to change the username to the one I have here which also used to be the same as my first youtube username.

Old Post 11-06-13 05:36 #
Avoozl is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

I changed my YouTube screenname to an arbitrary human name that contains Printz in it. And I probably now have a Google Plus account for that, which is left unused. So all in all, there's little harm. Just try and become more creative with fictitious name-surname pairs.

Old Post 11-06-13 05:40 #
printz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
plums

Grazza said:
Maybe this is something that could be suppressed using Adblock-Plus (or similar). That's my go-to utility whenever a website starts doing something annoying or naggy (assuming I still want to bother using the site at all).

In fact you should be able to with this filter (haven't tested it myself):
code:
||s.ytimg.com/yts/jsbin/www-linkgplusdialog*

source: http://www.reddit.com/r/self/commen..._use_my/ccq1tjf

Old Post 11-06-13 05:44 #
plums is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dragonsbrethren

I accidentally got a damn Google+ account for my channel when I changed some setting a while back, closed it, and now they've been prompting me about it again. Best part is I don't use my real name anywhere on Google, so I get asked whether I want to be Dragonsbrethren or Dragonsbrethren on YouTube. I don't even post vids publicly anymore, why do I need another stupid page to watch? I get too many garbage comments/questions on my old videos as it is.

Old Post 11-06-13 06:10 #
Dragonsbrethren is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
SavageCorona

You trust Reddit? You got a lotta balls, buster. Fuckin' hundreds of 'em.

Old Post 11-06-13 06:12 #
Dragonsbrethren

Yeah, don't trust that, the Redditors are probably trying to steal your megahurts.

Old Post 11-06-13 06:18 #
Dragonsbrethren is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
plums

SavageCorona said:
You trust Reddit? You got a lotta balls, buster. Fuckin' hundreds of 'em.

That sounds uncomfortable. Pants shopping would be hard, to say the least.

Anyhow computers aren't black magic, that string looks like a properly formed filter and it's not like a wrong ABP rule is going to do anything especially harmful. But whatever. My personal solution to this problem is to not log in to YouTube, but I guess that doesn't work if you actually care about channels etc.

Old Post 11-06-13 06:24 #
plums is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
SavageCorona

I sort of have a channel and stuff that I (will) earn money from ad revenue on, so it's kind of a big deal. Luckily I managed to delete all the Google+ pages it made for me but I doubt it's defeated. It'll be back for more I guarantee it.

Old Post 11-06-13 06:39 #
Jodwin
Forum Staple

SavageCorona said:
Luckily I managed to delete all the Google+ pages it made for me but I doubt it's defeated. It'll be back for more I guarantee it.

OMG GOOGLE MADE ME STUFF WHICH I DON'T HAVE TO USE EVER AT ALL, WHAT SHALL I DO WITH MY LYFE!!!?!?!?!??!

Old Post 11-06-13 07:37 #
Jodwin is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote