Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SavageCorona

GG, Youtube, you fucked it up AGAIN!

How much worse do you think Youtube could possibly get?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. How much worse do you think Youtube could possibly get?

• None at all, this is the epitome of absolutely fucking horrible.
    • It may well get worse.
    • It's definitely going to get even worse than this.
    • It's going to turn into fucking Google video enterprises.

Jodwin said:

People care about comments on Youtube? That has always been by far the worst thing about the whole site. Just install one of those browser plugins that change comments to herp-derp and live a happier life.

It's not that I care especially for comments, but it speaks badly for YT's security measures when literally thousands of spammers and bots can suddenly get through and flood the place. Hell, it's like all the spam emails we've been used to automatically getting filtered out for years now have suddenly developed self-awareness and found their way to the comment section of YT.

Heh, the new changes don't effect me that bad as my Google+ is also called MrThejoshmon, although it is an ass to navigate the thing now and I am ultimately confused on what tab is what but I can adjust to it.

If they don't fix this, then people might leave YouTube for Dailymotion, MetaCafe or BlipTV.

Some suggestions for alternate websites when you get tired of Google's shit.

At first people are angry with changes but after a while they adapt to it. It's like fart it smell bad for a while then you dont notice it anymore, only new person who enters room notices it but then he/she also is accustomed to it

I don't really hate YouTube, but it's really Google's fault.

I specifically HATE Google+ for ruining YouTube.

darkreaver said:

Awesome nerd rage thread. Makes me feel superior.

A turd forged from the finest caviar and truffles is still a turd.

plums said:

If I ever have to log in with any account to watch a video, I will not watch that video.

Ditto. I've managed to get by without a YouTube account and can probably survive with a Google+ account as well.

BaronOfStuff said:

Fucking CHRIST. What complete and utter spastic decided that this would be a good idea?

Not even sure why they did this, I deleted my G+ account so I don't get comments either way.

Gah this is aggravating. I can't figure out where to reply to a comment that someone made on a video. This new system can suck a fat one as far as I'm concerned.

As long as YouTube has had comments, people have complained about them being a horrible, buggy, worthless cesspit of stupidity, spam, racism, religious hatred and trolling.

Google finally decide to try and do something about it, by forcing people to use a real name linked to a social media account, and half the internet is up in arms, and suddenly the old YouTube comments were a precious, amazing thing and Google have somehow ruined them?

Jonathan said:

As long as YouTube has had comments, people have complained about them being a horrible, buggy, worthless cesspit of stupidity, spam, racism, religious hatred and trolling.

And I expect for the most part, it always will be. The entire comment section is now just confusing and ridiculously stupid. Some comments can be upvoted, some can't. You have to open new windows/tabs to see replies to comments. By default, comments aren't sorted by time any more, their sorted by "Top Comments," which, given that some comments can't be upvoted/downvoted, is massively flawed.

I don't think its the comment's themselves people are complaining about right now. It's the horrible, buggy, worthless cesspit of a layout "improvement" that's been made.

I never really felt compelled to contribute to any video's endless stream of comments. I dont even understand why anyone would have the energy to comment on a video, then comeback to the video to check if anyone responded to the comment, and then retaliate against it.

Youtube just keeps getting worse and worse. It pissed me off when they automatically created a Google + account for me and when I tried getting rid of it for some reason my avatar changed, along with all of my videos being set to private. It seems that Google is set out with the goal of making Youtube as frustrating to use as possible and this comments lark just proves my point.

I don't think they're intentionally trying to make YouTube frustrating to use; that's more a side effect of trying to find some way of making everyone use Google+

40oz said:

I never really felt compelled to contribute to any video's endless stream of comments. I dont even understand why anyone would have the energy to comment on a video, then comeback to the video to check if anyone responded to the comment, and then retaliate against it.

YouTube will alert you to a response, if you so request it.

At first I was like "what the fuck is this shit" but then I realized making the comment section frustrating to use might be a clever ploy on their part to make the comments slightly less retarded. Discouraging idiots from participating in idiotic things cannot possibly be a bad thing. Then, however, I realized that now 95% of the comments are something like "omg this nw leyout sux dik lol!", and that Google+ is a rancid pile of decomposing fecal matter. This made me realize I realized absolutely nothing, or, in turn, I realized too much and a part of my brain that could comprehend whatever it is I realized was forever destroyed in the hope of salvaging the rest of it. Or perhaps it was just the effect of looking at YouTube comments for a few seconds too long. Then I had a tuna sandwich.

I just wish they'd fix these goddamn bugs. Maybe even make Google+ more worth being forced to join, because as far as I can see, Google+ and the new Comments system have something in common, they're both buggy as hell and nobody wants any of it.

The only upside to this is that this guy has been neutralized.

Jonathan said:

Google finally decide to try and do something about it, by forcing people to use a real name linked to a social media account, and half the internet is up in arms, and suddenly the old YouTube comments were a precious, amazing thing and Google have somehow ruined them?

Well, its not the content of the new comments we're complaining about, it's the fact that the system has been ruined and is buggy and confusing to use, the old system was easy and simple, although the comments themselves were less than desirable.

The many problems caused by the new comment system are:
* Clickable Links (More Spam links)
* Removed character limit (Now more spam trolling)
* Ability to do a bait/switch prank with collapsable comments.
* Now can be seen around Google+ so flame wars might catch attention and bring more trolls in.
and many more!

Caffeine Freak said:

It's not that I care especially for comments, but it speaks badly for YT's security measures when literally thousands of spammers and bots can suddenly get through and flood the place. Hell, it's like all the spam emails we've been used to automatically getting filtered out for years now have suddenly developed self-awareness and found their way to the comment section of YT.

You do realize that filling forms on the internet programmatically has absolutely nothing to do with security, right?

I don't get all this comment hate. I seem to be able to bypass all the stupid comments and read the useful ones. Anyway: did YouTube really delete the "Inbox" feature, especially regarding comments? I used to be able to see who replied to my comments, or posted comments in my videos. The latter was really useful, because I could answer questions about my stuff. How do I do it now?

Crasger said:

You guys heard about this petition already?

Google is forcing us to make google+ accounts and invading our social life to comment on a youtube video

lol. Good. If commenting on youtube defines your social life you deserve to have it invaded.

youtube really does have an enormously retarded userbase. enlisting them all for this google+ shit just means google+ will get enormously retarded.

giving serious thought to getting rid of my gmail account. Was a good thing back in the day, but I don't want my online identity too closely connected to my real life, and google seems to be obsessed with somehow blurring that particular line.

Just one question, have the YouTube users gone this far as to making a petition, posting videos, etc.
Getting 71,000 people to sign and the attention of CNN and the L.A. Times...

has this happened before on the previous updates or just now?
(the number of supporters and the attention they've got)

Jodwin said:

You do realize that filling forms on the internet programmatically has absolutely nothing to do with security, right?

I guess things like CAPTCHAs are just there for decoration, then.

Even if it isn't a security issue, the principle still stands: it speaks badly for the overall maintenance of the site when thousands of spam messages begin appearing. It makes them look apathetic and/or incompetent.