Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SavageCorona

GG, Youtube, you fucked it up AGAIN!

How much worse do you think Youtube could possibly get?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. How much worse do you think Youtube could possibly get?

• None at all, this is the epitome of absolutely fucking horrible.
    • It may well get worse.
    • It's definitely going to get even worse than this.
    • It's going to turn into fucking Google video enterprises.

Belial said:

I laughed out loud when this Angry Joe idiot cried that losing 60 videos cost him '4 years of hard work'.

Then it only got better.

I'm pretty sure if videos you put in between 40 to 60 hours each on that brings in a nice chunk of money being dropped like nothing would piss you off. Filming, editing, spending money (costume, food, drink, etc for editing, etc) for said video, stuff like that.

I don't make a dime off of my 1,080 videos but I would be super pissed if 50 or more had bullshit claims on them too. I understand the volatility of Youtube money so I don't even bother with it or a network to begin with. Joe took a giant risk a few years ago and isn't going to simply let all his hard work go down the drain.

Yes, he should not have put all his eggs in one basket but some people don't do or forget to do it.

geo said:

There was some guy on Youtube complaining how his commentary over a trailer that was pulled. He said it was his original work over the trailer and not the trailer that was getting visitors. I can't believe he'd be so petty to bitch about 2 minutes of work yammering over a trailer. What about the money that would benefit a company for their own youtube site and the money and time it took to make the video that they won't be making it back. Woops its promotion to have an idiot talking over it. I'd be ok with vlogs talking about the trailer. Kind of like there are TV review vlogs that don't have any footage or music.

And here I thought that trailers are made for the purpose of advertising the game, which entails being watched by as many potential buyers as possible.

Also I've always thought Youtube if fucked up when I can just go and listen to a CD on Youtube. How is that legal? Oh and at least with TV shows and movies that appear on Youtube, eventually they get taken down.

Just yesterday I bought a couple of songs I'd never have discovered if I hadn't heard them on Youtube.

JudgeDeadd said:

discovered if I hadn't heard them on Youtube.

This for me too. In the old days I had to take a risk when buying a CD. Even my favorite artists were liable to turn out a real stinker, and that was twenty bucks down the drain. Fuck, now I can check out some songs on YouTube and if I dig it, I'll buy it on iTunes.

Honestly, all music studio/labels/artists should try and have an official YouTube channel to upload their albums to and make money off of ad rev. This way there is no real reason for people to upload when they have an official channel.

Most albums I seek on YouTube are albums that have been out of print for years.

I would've given this its own thread, but since this hasn't disappeared into the depths of Doomworld yet, might as well put it in here. besides, it IS a youtube fuck-up after all.

Yesterday I uploaded a bass cover, as I do. And naturally, the use of the backing track sets off the automated Content ID system they have, meaning a little "Matched third-party content" thing appears in the copyright notices section.
I always click acknowledge, as I figure its the safest thing to do, but this time the copyright-bot has made a rather large error.
It's got the identified song wrong. Bravo.
The help page says that I can dispute the claim if it's wrong. OK...
You get taken to a list, which essentially is as follows

[] I own the CD // Which I do, I might add
[] I'm not making money from the video // Which I'm not
[] I gave credit // Yup.
[] This is my original content // Nope
[] I have a licence/permission // Nope
[] This qualifies as fair use // I don't have a clue
[] The content is in the public domain // No
OK. None of these have anything to do with misidentification. If anyone is familiar with this system, could you please give some pointers?

I still acknowledge false claims as lets face it:
The 1p that company will be making over about the course of 10 years from my shitty video will be totally not worth disputing...

That's a good point actually, and I've actually had more than one claim on a video before now, so I guess it'll sort itself out eventually. Thanks

Eris Falling said:

[] I own the CD // Which I do, I might add
[] I'm not making money from the video // Which I'm not
[] I gave credit // Yup.
[] This is my original content // Nope
[] I have a licence/permission // Nope
[] This qualifies as fair use // I don't have a clue
[] The content is in the public domain // No
OK. None of these have anything to do with misidentification. If anyone is familiar with this system, could you please give some pointers?

You can just use "This is my original content"; I did this with a recent misidentification, and you can add a note explaining the issue too. Got cleaned up in a day.

I have no idea what this thread is about, but I would like to vent my frustration on how youtube handles scrubbing. Why on God's good, green Earth or in its wet and blue oceans would scrubbing cause the video to reload from the beginning? I am listening to a song playing in a youtube tab and then the song stops. So I go to the youtube tab to see why for and of course it's because the video stopped loading. So, not wanting to listen to nothing I scrub the song to the beginning with the understanding that it will keep loading while it plays from the beginning again. Is this an outlandish expectation? Is this an unreasonable assumption? I guess so, since it loads the video from the beginning again! Are you high, Youtube? Are you an rétard? Absurdicus Absolutus.

Ah yes, the terrible way YouTube handles video buffering.
Also, YouTube handles comments terribly, as well as content ID claims.

YouTube sucks in everything, but I just can't leave that god-forsaken website.

Its going down the natural way: Big shit dies, then, a new Little shit aries above the old Big shits.

aka youtube will die, and then another website will replace it, hopefully totally independant like youtube was once (I think).

Am I the only one who hates this new trend of making comments on youtube and other websites *twitter-like* ?
So, to see very old comments, you need to scroll down.. hit "show more", then scroll down and hit "show more", then scroll down and hit "show more", then scroll down and RAGEQUIT.

It is completly stupid, like if my computer and connection speed could not handle showing of all comments at once.. or that old system when you just clicked on a number of page where you guessed the comment to should be.
Are the people who work there trolls? or just incompetent? or maybe they just care only about limited mobile phone users...

BLEH!

Fellowzdoomer said:

Looks like my game footage isn't in trouble...

Yet.

Nor is my Shadow Warrior CD game music uploads.

Use ad blocking plugins, some even allow you to disable ads which manage to get past the filters.

Superluigieth1 said:

guess fucking what? YOUTUBE HAS ADS EVERYWHERE!

at least now we know why Google had all of that empty white space on Youtube. B)

I think the ads guy last saw YouTube back in 2005, and just came back.
Or he saw when the ads first came in place, and still hasn't let it go.

In my opinion, I think your PC has some adware or malware on it. Are you familiar with Babylon?