Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cannonball

Super Typhoon Haiyan about to hit the Philippines

dew said:

Who cares about your fucking sentence structure? And anyways, his family could've been hit by a massive tornado and it doesn't suck for him?

What the fuck?!

No need to get your panties in a bunch dude. I'm just pointing out his grammar error. I'm not some cold heartless asshole. I know you may be more budging in scenarios like this but still I just didn't understand what he said when he typed it. That's why I told him. No need to go berserk, man.

Platinum Shell said:

No need to get your panties in a bunch dude. I'm just pointing out his grammar error. I'm not some cold heartless asshole. I know you may be more budging in scenarios like this but still I just didn't understand what he said when he typed it. That's why I told him. No need to go berserk, man.

Says some family dumb bucket of mortar.

OK, back on topic, here are the latest news. According to CNN:

-Relief operations have been hampered by the geography, but at least the help is arriving.
-It seems that the initial estimates of 10,000 deaths were quite high. It's now expected that it won't be more than 5,000. It's still an immense tragedy, but given what we all expected at the beginning, we could say this is good news.
-The major problems right now seem to be the lack of food and clean water, blackouts and decomposing bodies.
-Also, as Crasger said, there's another storm ("Zoraida") approaching.

Again, I hope this will be over as soon as possible.

@Hurricyclone: I hope your family is OK.

This is from Crasger's Yahoo link:

"According to weather bureau PAGASA, Zoraida was last spotted 634 kilometers Southeast of Hinatuan, Surigao Del Sur. It is weaker than Yolanda with maximum sustained winds of 55 kilometers per hour near the center.

It is forecast to move west northwest at 30 kilometers per hour and is threatening to hit northern Mindanao and the Visayas region. The storm is expected to be in the vicinity of Agusan del Sur by Tuesday afternoon, at 100 kilometer Southwest of Coron, Palawan by Wednesday afternoon, and 810 kilometers West of Ambulong, Batangas on Thursday morning."

Apparently, it's nowhere near Haiyan's strength. But given the situation right now, it's still bad news.

Here in Chicago there are acres of food, water and other things. Just sitting in the streets of Chicago dropped off by good Samaritans. Catch is... no plane to fly it there. Our mayor is asking the national guard for a planes to fly the goods over there, and if they don't agree, then it will see if its in the state budget to fly it over there. All the goods blocking a street in downtown Chicago. Covering 1 full lane, eventually it will circle the block.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-met-typhoon-aid-problems-20131117,0,5755767.story

I've been buying $20 worth of canned goods and dropping it off.

How bad of a situation would it be if a 7.2 Magnitude Earthquake hits Metro Manila, the country's capital?

They're saying it could happen at any moment in the near future.

Crasger said:

How bad of a situation would it be if a 7.2 Magnitude Earthquake hits Metro Manila, the country's capital?

They're saying it could happen at any moment in the near future.

They're getting hit hard by earthquakes as of late.

It must be becasue of human-induced seismic change.

Thank you for the support! I may not be in the central area of the typhoon but to know doomers are looking out for us here is awesome as hell :)