Archvile
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > Other FPS games you play frequently
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 03:27. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
bcwood16

I seem to be playing less new games these days, the new ones just seem dull compared to the old ones. Obviously there are exceptions.

My good old favourites are

Half Life series
System Shock 2 / Bioshock (not played infinite yet)
Far Cry and Crysis (farcry 2 and 3 are ok, though feel lacking)
Unreal 2K4 (and 99, but not played that for ages)
Unreal and expansions - Again not played for ages but love it
Fear 1 and expansions (2 was ok-ish and 3 was apparently so bad I missed it)
STALKER (got the other 2 games, but not played them yet...on my todo list)
Mass Effect....not sure that counts as its not really a FPS....but its so cool!
Project IGI - yea I dont know why...its old and silly AI.....but I just enjoy it from time to time

Modern games :
I am loving Skyrim, modded to hell, but the mods just make it something special! Amazing stuff! All the mods really can show what a decent PC game is capable of doing!

Old Post 12-06-13 09:53 #
bcwood16 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Avoozl
Forum Staple

bcwood16 said:
STALKER (got the other 2 games, but not played them yet...on my todo list)
Modern games :
I am loving Skyrim, modded to hell, but the mods just make it something special! Amazing stuff! All the mods really can show what a decent PC game is capable of doing!

Don't bother playing Clear Sky though, it's apparently the worst in the series and I only discovered that after playing the first and third games.

Also too bad Skyrim is much more complicated to mod then the previous games that certain mods aren't possible with it as they were with the previous games.

Old Post 12-06-13 11:14 #
Avoozl is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
soner du
Mini-Member

Stroggos said:
If you haven't played Eldritch, do so now!

Playing it right now. This game absolutely rocks !!!

Can't wait for the Mountains of Madness expansion...

Old Post 12-06-13 12:58 #
soner du is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Larzuk

I haven't played much in the way of FPS games lately. If it isn't DOOM that I am playing then it is usually Killing Floor or Payday.

Old Post 12-06-13 14:48 #
Larzuk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
joe-ilya

TF2, Operation Eisenfaust(WOLF3D)

Old Post 12-06-13 15:07 #
joe-ilya is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DoomGuy123
Warming Up

Right now,I have mostly been playing TF2. Every once in a while I will break out Counter Strike and play that, and when I am feeling up to it, I will play through the whole Half Life series in a sitting. Can you tell that I like Valve games?
I also like to play Battlefield 1942 every once in a while as well. always brings back good memories.

Old Post 12-06-13 18:32 #
DoomGuy123 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Captain Red
Pants

Avoozl said:
Don't bother playing Clear Sky though, it's apparently the worst in the series and I only discovered that after playing the first and third games.

Eh, just throw on Clear Sky complete and it's fine. More STALKER is always good.

Old Post 12-06-13 21:27 #
Captain Red is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doominator2
Forum Regular

DoomGuy123 said:
Right now,I have mostly been playing TF2. Every once in a while I will break out Counter Strike and play that, and when I am feeling up to it, I will play through the whole Half Life series in a sitting. Can you tell that I like Valve games?
I also like to play Battlefield 1942 every once in a while as well. always brings back good memories.

Battlefield 1942 is still my favorite BF game.

Old Post 12-12-13 22:14 #
Doominator2 is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
destx
OMFG

I recently finished ROTT 2013, Duke 3D Megaton in co-op and Hard Reset. Next up is the new Shadow warrior.

Old Post 12-12-13 23:11 #
destx is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
J.B.R

Wolfenstein 3d,Doom,Doom II,Quake,Quake II,Quake III Arena,OpenArena,Duke Nukem 3D,Shadow Warrior Classic,Heretic 1 and 2,Hexen 1 and 2 and that's it.
I might play Daggerfall and Blood once the XLengine is in Beta.

Last edited by J.B.R on 02-15-14 at 19:43

Old Post 02-10-14 22:36 #
J.B.R is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Satyr000

Mechwarrior: Online
Chivalry Medieval Warfare
Hexen
Heretic
Duke 3D
Blood
Shadow Warrior(classic)

Old Post 02-11-14 02:40 #
Satyr000 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doominator2
Forum Regular

Phendrena said:
FPS?
Skyrim - I play as an archer so you could say its an FPS, LOL!!! :)

Dave

Daggerfall and Morrowind are still the best but If Daggerfall didn't have as much bugs then Daggerfall would be the best.

Old Post 02-11-14 03:07 #
Doominator2 is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Avoozl
Forum Staple

The series kept getting watered down per game, I started with Oblivon and kept going down until Daggerfall but couldn't play Arena because of DOSBox issues, I eventually got Skyrim but was absolutely disappointed in it, it's the most dumbed down game of the series and is more of an action-adventure than an RPG.

Old Post 02-11-14 03:14 #
Avoozl is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Clonehunter
Forum Staple

Pretty much TF2 now days. And Rage and Blood Dragon.

And Dino D-Day, becuz

Old Post 02-11-14 03:50 #
Clonehunter is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doominator2
Forum Regular

Avoozl said:
The series kept getting watered down per game, I started with Oblivon and kept going down until Daggerfall but couldn't play Arena because of DOSBox issues, I eventually got Skyrim but was absolutely disappointed in it, it's the most dumbed down game of the series and is more of an action-adventure than an RPG.

I totally agree with you, In Morrowind there wasn't as many options for the dialogue as in Daggerfall(choosing your tone, etc), then in Oblivion there wasn't any levitation spells,jump spells, there was essential characters(not a lot) quest markers and then Skyrim made it worse, no spell making,every character that was related to a misc quest was essential,dungeons that were essentially one big hallway,repetitive puzzles,simple armor sets, only important characters could be interacted with, removal of 80% of skills that were in Daggerfall, and I could go on for another 24 lines just on Skyrim. Elder Scrolls 6 will be even worse!

Old Post 02-15-14 20:54 #
schwerpunk

Playing Metro: Last Light, since it's free with PS+. I like it a lot. Somewhat more grounded (i.e. 'realistic') than Metro 2033, but still fun. Not nearly as challenging, though, even on the so-called 'Hardcore' difficulty. Although doing a no-kill run is a lot more feasible in Last Light, which is a nice, added challenge.

As usual, the game is a lot more enjoyable when played with its native language set to audio, and your own language set to subtitles. Unfortunately, a lot of the side-dialogue isn't subtitled, but that's okay - I just pretend I'm a foreigner.

Also, I learned that 'teddy bear' [maybe] is 'mishka' in Russian, so that's always nice.

Last edited by schwerpunk on 02-15-14 at 21:10

Old Post 02-15-14 21:04 #
schwerpunk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Da Werecat

"Mishka" is a diminutive for any bear, not just a toy one. Or for a person named Mikhail. :)

Old Post 02-15-14 21:57 #
Da Werecat is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
darkreaver

Quake Live once in a while.

Old Post 02-15-14 22:06 #
darkreaver is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Avoozl
Forum Staple

I used to play Quake Live, first MP I have ever gotten more kills than deaths in lol, Temple of Retribution was my best map and the shotgun was my best weapon I also rocked at using it in that same map.

Old Post 02-15-14 23:12 #
kristus
Megablast!

Quake live
(video of me playing my second game of the at the time new PQL mode in 2011, lots of FML moments because the movement system and game rules are so different).

Last edited by kristus on 02-16-14 at 00:05

Old Post 02-15-14 23:53 #
kristus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote