Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Insomniak

first game?

What is the first computer game you can ever remember playing? Also, whats the first computer game you remember seeing?

For me, it was Commander Keen 1. I can also remember my dad playing Wolf3d a few months before.

Probably Frogger at my dad's office.

Oh, and some game where you had to catch falling babies from a burning building.

Stellar 7, I think the game was called. That and one of the King's Quest Games. Not soon after was Doom shareware.

The first one I played (which was also the first one I saw) was some Boulderdash clone. That one had butterflies and heart-shaped mines as baddies, and there were 26 levels, each one corresponding with a letter in the alphabet. It wasn't a PC, but some sort of old machine, I don't even know which.

I wish I could find this game for PC or for some old machine emulator...

The first PC game I played was "Pharaoh's Tomb". The second one was "Prince of Persia". The year was 1991.

seeing? buggered if i know. the first game i ever played was a flight sim called ACE... well... at the time it might of been a flight sim... it had 2d plans... 2d enviroment, but is was from first person... you'd have to play it to under stand... you can find it a the underdogs site. no i'm not going to link you.

Don't remember its name - I was far too young and my memory of the game is hazy, but it was a symbol-based game where you played as a catarpillar eating all sorts of symbols and then you had to avoid the T's (they were meant to be poisonous toadstools).

Zaldron said:

GOLDEN AXE
DA DA DA, DA DA DA, DA DA DADARARA, DA DA DA, DA DA DA...

Yay, I remember that one. Used to play it with a friend of mine when I was a kid.

pacman at my dad's workplace computer.

Archvile64 said:

Stellar 7, I think the game was called. That and one of the King's Quest Games. Not soon after was Doom shareware.

i got stellar7 and king quest5 (they come in bundle software pack,including time magazine cd etc...) when my dad bought me the first computer.i never get passed the first level of stellar7.and i use walkthrough to complete KQ5.puzzle was too hard for me.

dsm said:

Don't remember its name - I was far too young and my memory of the game is hazy, but it was a symbol-based game where you played as a catarpillar eating all sorts of symbols and then you had to avoid the T's (they were meant to be poisonous toadstools).

Um, you mean Centipede? Its a classic, you know.

I played stuff on my old C64. We had Choplifter, Frogger, Congo Bongo, Centipede, some game called 'Save New York' or something, Jumpman, Shamus, and of course Pac-Man. We had that machine in my house when I was born, so I have no idea when I first played it.

I remember having a Commodore 64 with a bunch of disks / cartridges for it. There was this one game I played a lot where you were a boat or something, and you paddled around a Venice-type city with waterways all around, picking up people and dropping them off somewhere else, and there were I think two hippos which swam around making bubbles, and if you ran into one it would eat the boat. I wish I could remember what the game was called.

Then there was Frogger and Pacman and all that stuff. I remember my dad had a healthy addiction to Pac-Man for a while (the only video game I ever remember him playing in any real capacity).

I remember playing pong and a game with mario and luigi and monster coming out of pipes . You had to kill them by jumping on the ceiling so that they fall head on ground to kick them. I have Pipeline in the head but I'm not sure if it is the real name.

the_Danarchist said:

Um, you mean Centipede? Its a classic, you know.

Probably, but I wouldn't know. Like I said, I was too young back then and after that computer broke down, we didn't get a new computer until I was around ten - my parents never liked computer games.

Now I have the power to buy my own computer, yay >:-]

Darkstalker said:

I remember playing pong and a game with mario and luigi and monster coming out of pipes . You had to kill them by jumping on the ceiling so that they fall head on ground to kick them. I have Pipeline in the head but I'm not sure if it is the real name.

I think that game was actualy called 'Mario Brothers'. I heard it was made before Super Mario Brothers, but that might be a lie.

the_Danarchist said:

I think that game was actualy called 'Mario Brothers'. I heard it was made before Super Mario Brothers, but that might be a lie.

It was. It was made for arcades. It was also used in SMB3.

Either Defender or Sinistar. I was seven or eight or something. The arcade had like fifty games. Those are the only two I can remember playing. Sinistar scared me :/ Can't for the life of me remember which pc game I played first. Wasn't Doom that's all I know.

stphrz said:

Either Defender or Sinistar. I was seven or eight or something.

Heh, if you play Asteroids too you can be my brother's new best friend :P

Erik said:

civilization, played console games way before that though.

Heh...that was definately the first game I played that even impacted me with anything more than nostalgia.

As far as PC games go, the first game I remember seeing someone play would by Labrynth(sp?), followed by Myst and then Doom. The first game I actually played would have to be either Myst of Journeyman Project, followed by Doom shareware.

I played 'Ladders' on an old Pericom terminal - on the pc though it was Captain Keen (the first one) and Wolfenstien3D - i got the full 6-episode game that christmas... i was a happy bunny :)

It was on my mom's old Commodore 128, that's for sure. It was first computer I ever knew.

Weedster said:

It was on my mom's old Commodore 128, that's for sure. It was first computer I ever knew.

128? Never knew they made those, but at least you had a more advanced machine than I (I suppose).

It USED to be a 64...then she upgraded it shortly after I was born. That was about the only upgrade my dad would let her do; after that, he never understood why my mom kept wanting upgrades. She said, "There's more information on the internet we can obtain!" His response? "That's what a library is for!"

Geez, sometimes I wish my dad would just die. He can't even type!

Oops, more harsh words...I need to watch myself :/

Zaldron said:

GOLDEN AXE
DA DA DA, DA DA DA, DA DA DADARARA, DA DA DA, DA DA DA...

Golden Axe kicks much ass. Then again, so did 'Captain America and the Avengers'
First game i can remember? The Golden Wombat.