Severed bunny head
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > first game?
Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 16:42. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Insomniak
Doesn't Sleep!

What is the first computer game you can ever remember playing? Also, whats the first computer game you remember seeing?

For me, it was Commander Keen 1. I can also remember my dad playing Wolf3d a few months before.

Old Post 04-22-02 08:28 #
Insomniak is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
IMJack
Web Radio Geek

"Hangman" on my old Tandy PC. Does that count? ;)

Old Post 04-22-02 09:34 #
IMJack is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lt
Administrator

Probably Frogger at my dad's office.

Oh, and some game where you had to catch falling babies from a burning building.

Old Post 04-22-02 09:51 #
Lt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kid Airbag
Not really a kid. Not really an airbag. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!? Who's asking? Are you French? An airbag is a safety device in a car that inflates during a collision and blocks you from smashing your head into the dashboard or steering wheel!

Stellar 7, I think the game was called. That and one of the King's Quest Games. Not soon after was Doom shareware.

Old Post 04-22-02 11:30 #
Kid Airbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
dr_st
Sorcerer on vacation

The first one I played (which was also the first one I saw) was some Boulderdash clone. That one had butterflies and heart-shaped mines as baddies, and there were 26 levels, each one corresponding with a letter in the alphabet. It wasn't a PC, but some sort of old machine, I don't even know which.

I wish I could find this game for PC or for some old machine emulator...

The first PC game I played was "Pharaoh's Tomb". The second one was "Prince of Persia". The year was 1991.

Old Post 04-22-02 14:30 #
dr_st is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Captain Red
Pants

seeing? buggered if i know. the first game i ever played was a flight sim called ACE... well... at the time it might of been a flight sim... it had 2d plans... 2d enviroment, but is was from first person... you'd have to play it to under stand... you can find it a the underdogs site. no i'm not going to link you.

Old Post 04-22-02 14:41 #
Captain Red is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
fodders
OWNS YOU

ponghttp://www.pong-story.com/pics/intro/apongarc.jpg

You are my opponent, but not my enemy, for your resistance gives me strength. Your will gives me courage. Your spirit ennobles me. And, although I aim to defeat you, should I succeed, I will not humiliate you, instead I will honour you..For without you, I am a lesser man.

Last edited by fodders on 04-22-02 at 18:06

Old Post 04-22-02 15:35 #
fodders is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

GOLDEN AXE
DA DA DA, DA DA DA, DA DA DADARARA, DA DA DA, DA DA DA...

Old Post 04-22-02 16:19 #
Zaldron is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
dsm
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Don't remember its name - I was far too young and my memory of the game is hazy, but it was a symbol-based game where you played as a catarpillar eating all sorts of symbols and then you had to avoid the T's (they were meant to be poisonous toadstools).

Old Post 04-22-02 16:22 #
dsm is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
dsm

Zaldron said:
GOLDEN AXE

Yay, I remember that one. Used to play it with a friend of mine when I was a kid.

Old Post 04-22-02 16:23 #
dsm is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
nxn
meephead

I don't know, something on a atari 2600, or a gay console.

Old Post 04-22-02 22:29 #
nxn is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Liam
the Bard formerly known as the Bard

Super Mario Bros.

Old Post 04-22-02 23:15 #
Liam is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dark-tenshi
Forum Regular

pacman at my dad's workplace computer.

Archvile64 said:
Stellar 7, I think the game was called. That and one of the King's Quest Games. Not soon after was Doom shareware.

i got stellar7 and king quest5 (they come in bundle software pack,including time magazine cd etc...) when my dad bought me the first computer.i never get passed the first level of stellar7.and i use walkthrough to complete KQ5.puzzle was too hard for me.

Old Post 04-23-02 01:23 #
Dark-tenshi is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Danarchy
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!

dsm said:
Don't remember its name - I was far too young and my memory of the game is hazy, but it was a symbol-based game where you played as a catarpillar eating all sorts of symbols and then you had to avoid the T's (they were meant to be poisonous toadstools).

Um, you mean Centipede? Its a classic, you know.

I played stuff on my old C64. We had Choplifter, Frogger, Congo Bongo, Centipede, some game called 'Save New York' or something, Jumpman, Shamus, and of course Pac-Man. We had that machine in my house when I was born, so I have no idea when I first played it.

Old Post 04-23-02 06:54 #
Danarchy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Linguica

I remember having a Commodore 64 with a bunch of disks / cartridges for it. There was this one game I played a lot where you were a boat or something, and you paddled around a Venice-type city with waterways all around, picking up people and dropping them off somewhere else, and there were I think two hippos which swam around making bubbles, and if you ran into one it would eat the boat. I wish I could remember what the game was called.

Then there was Frogger and Pacman and all that stuff. I remember my dad had a healthy addiction to Pac-Man for a while (the only video game I ever remember him playing in any real capacity).

Old Post 04-23-02 10:28 #
Linguica is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Darkstalker
Should be mapping

I remember playing pong and a game with mario and luigi and monster coming out of pipes . You had to kill them by jumping on the ceiling so that they fall head on ground to kick them. I have Pipeline in the head but I'm not sure if it is the real name.

Old Post 04-23-02 14:22 #
Darkstalker is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
dsm

the_Danarchist said:

Um, you mean Centipede? Its a classic, you know.

Probably, but I wouldn't know. Like I said, I was too young back then and after that computer broke down, we didn't get a new computer until I was around ten - my parents never liked computer games.

Now I have the power to buy my own computer, yay >:-]

Old Post 04-23-02 14:59 #
Danarchy

Darkstalker said:
I remember playing pong and a game with mario and luigi and monster coming out of pipes . You had to kill them by jumping on the ceiling so that they fall head on ground to kick them. I have Pipeline in the head but I'm not sure if it is the real name.

I think that game was actualy called 'Mario Brothers'. I heard it was made before Super Mario Brothers, but that might be a lie.

Old Post 04-24-02 05:12 #
Danarchy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Naked Snake
HAHA I AM A FAG AND I CAN'T CHANGE THIS TITLE ANYMORE

the_Danarchist said:

I think that game was actualy called 'Mario Brothers'. I heard it was made before Super Mario Brothers, but that might be a lie.

It was. It was made for arcades. It was also used in SMB3.

Old Post 04-24-02 07:09 #
Naked Snake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
JavaGuy

The original Mario Bros -was- made before Super Mario Brothers, and after Donkey Kong.

My mind is an empty shell. Other's thoughts enter, bouncing off the walls an' echo. Never thinking for myself or but for myself I think. So now I've left it all behind finished 'least with a good deed. A long road awaits, and I'm on my own.... I feel pretty good.

Old Post 04-25-02 01:07 #
JavaGuy is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
stphrz
I use a blowtorch to make crme brle

Either Defender or Sinistar. I was seven or eight or something. The arcade had like fifty games. Those are the only two I can remember playing. Sinistar scared me :/ Can't for the life of me remember which pc game I played first. Wasn't Doom that's all I know.

Old Post 04-25-02 03:16 #
stphrz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Erik

civilization, played console games way before that though.

Old Post 04-25-02 13:47 #
Erik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lt
Administrator

stphrz said:
Either Defender or Sinistar. I was seven or eight or something.
Heh, if you play Asteroids too you can be my brother's new best friend :P

Old Post 04-25-02 15:02 #
Lt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Danarchy

Erik said:
civilization, played console games way before that though.

Heh...that was *******ely the first game I played that even impacted me with anything more than nostalgia.

Old Post 04-25-02 23:43 #
EllipsusD

As far as PC games go, the first game I remember seeing someone play would by Labrynth(sp?), followed by Myst and then Doom. The first game I actually played would have to be either Myst of Journeyman Project, followed by Doom shareware.

Old Post 05-01-02 03:56 #
EllipsusD is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Spike
Team Future has a new Giger-esque in the works

I played 'Ladders' on an old Pericom terminal - on the pc though it was Captain Keen (the first one) and Wolfenstien3D - i got the full 6-episode game that christmas... i was a happy bunny :)

Old Post 05-01-02 21:44 #
Spike is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Weedster
Cren/Banned

It was on my mom's old Commodore 128, that's for sure. It was first computer I ever knew.

Old Post 05-03-02 01:04 #
Weedster is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Danarchy

Weedster said:
It was on my mom's old Commodore 128, that's for sure. It was first computer I ever knew.

128? Never knew they made those, but at least you had a more advanced machine than I (I suppose).

Old Post 05-04-02 01:20 #
Weedster
Cren/Banned

It USED to be a 64...then she upgraded it shortly after I was born. That was about the only upgrade my dad would let her do; after that, he never understood why my mom kept wanting upgrades. She said, "There's more information on the internet we can obtain!" His response? "That's what a library is for!"

Geez, sometimes I wish my dad would just die. He can't even type!

Oops, more harsh words...I need to watch myself :/

Old Post 05-04-02 17:00 #
Weedster is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Submerge
Dumboy traded my soul for pogs

Zaldron said:
GOLDEN AXE

Golden Axe kicks much ass. Then again, so did 'Captain America and the Avengers'
First game i can remember? The Golden Wombat.

Old Post 05-04-02 17:11 #
Submerge is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote