Severed bunny head
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > Decent SP FPS Games of the Last Decade
Pages (2): « 1 [2]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 21:37. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Clonehunter
Forum Staple

Republic Commando had a pretty hefty Singleplayer campaign, better than Halo dare I say. The Halo series also has had fairly varied SP modes, as they are pretty different than the multiplayer modes. Chaser pretty much has no living multiplayer mode, and the singleplayer was pretty good in that. Battlefront II's campaign wasn't bad either, or at least it was better than the first game's. Skyrim too perhaps.

Old Post 12-28-13 21:40 #
Clonehunter is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Waffenak
Forum Regular

Da Werecat said:
Like I said.

I didn't register mention of shitty AI.

Old Post 12-28-13 21:41 #
Waffenak is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Jayextee
Darth Jrrr

I'm currently playing through Bulletstorm and it's an arcade game. Seriously shallow, but a lot of fun with it. Also, it has colours.

Old Post 12-28-13 22:15 #
Jayextee is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doom Dude

Belial said:
Unreal 2 (yeah srsly)

Yeah, I enjoyed Unreal 2 and played through it twice. Part of what I liked about Unreal 2 is that you went to different looking planets.

Dragonsbrethren said:
Also, no one mentioned Wrack, Carn's gonna be sad. It's a good SP game and every update's been making it better.

Waiting for Wrack to get out of early access. I want to play the finished game.

Fear 1
Fallout 3
Fallout New Vegas
Bioshock 1 and 2
Half-Life 2 (and the episodes)
Quake 4
Unreal 2
Rage
Portal 1 and 2
Metro 2033
Doom 3
Far Cry
Prey
Aliens vs Predator (2010) (Better than Aliens: Colonial Marines) :p
Deus Ex Human Revolution

Old Post 12-28-13 22:17 #
Doom Dude is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Da Werecat

Waffenak said:
I didn't register mention of shitty AI.

I mentioned clusterfuck.

If you're experiencing clusterfuck while playing Jericho, it's useful to know the reasons for that. Which are:

1. Weak friendly AI. Your teammates are unable to fend off hordes of enemies on their own.
2. You're not utilizing your teammates' abilities good enough.

While the first problem is permanent, it's possible to eliminate the second. The only question is whether you like the feel of the game enough to try.

Old Post 12-28-13 22:33 #
Da Werecat is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
jmickle66666666

vlambeer made gun godz free on itch.io (the game i recommended) http://vlambeer.itch.io/gun-godz

Old Post 12-29-13 01:11 #
jmickle66666666 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Waffenak
Forum Regular

Da Werecat said:

I mentioned clusterfuck.

If you're experiencing clusterfuck while playing Jericho, it's useful to know the reasons for that. Which are:

1. Weak friendly AI. Your teammates are unable to fend off hordes of enemies on their own.
2. You're not utilizing your teammates' abilities good enough.

While the first problem is permanent, it's possible to eliminate the second. The only question is whether you like the feel of the game enough to try.

Clusterfuck is elusive term and saying the ai is weak is more informative. Game that is constant struggle against it weaknessess isnt worth of playing hours. It's same as trying to walk without prosthetics when your feet are amputated

Old Post 12-29-13 08:48 #
Waffenak is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
MFG38

The Bioshock games.

Old Post 12-29-13 09:10 #
MFG38 is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
C30N9

Serious Sam Series Up to 3

Far Cry 3

Old Post 12-29-13 11:32 #
C30N9 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Da Werecat

Waffenak said:
Clusterfuck is elusive term and saying the ai is weak is more informative. Game that is constant struggle against it weaknessess isnt worth of playing hours. It's same as trying to walk without prosthetics when your feet are amputated

Whatever.

Old Post 12-29-13 12:45 #
Da Werecat is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Waffenak
Forum Regular

Da Werecat said:

Whatever.

It's not insignificant matter

Old Post 12-29-13 13:12 #
Belial

Waffenak said:
It's not insignificant matter

I probably would've noticed all of these issues if I cared enough to play it after the 10th consecutive crash.

Even for something I got from a bargain bin that's unacceptable.

Speaking of cheap/free stuff, I need to see if that Metro 2033 installer thingy I got off Facebook still works.

Old Post 12-29-13 22:45 #
Belial is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote