Severed bunny head
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > New Year's Resolutions
Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 12:18. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
baronofheck82

They're like rules and bones, they can and will be broken. What do you intend to resolve to do better, start/stop doing, etc, and how long will it be till you break these resolutions?

Old Post 12-31-13 18:20 #
baronofheck82 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
MFG38

Getting a date. Knowing my social activity, it will be near impossible.

Old Post 12-31-13 18:24 #
MFG38 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Phobus
Forum Staple

Last year I said I was going to learn to drive. I then got made redundant, moved to a new job in a city centre and have slightly less disposable income despite the larger gross wage. As a result, this plan has fallen way by the wayside.

This year I've played it safe and gone for things I actually need

1) Save up money. I intend to do this through a) drinking less or not at all for the first few months and b) having a less exciting lifestyle. This is so that I van have a buffer of my monthly rent in place to avoid being in the position I was in this month where I was genuinely at risk of going overdrawn for a very small bill because I'd simply spent my money on fun and Christmas.

2) Use the free time granted to me by #1 to get back to the gym in a BIG way. This is for a range of reasons, of which "attracting girls" is third and my own self-image is first (second is "to feel better in a physical sense")

This is all along the vein of improving my lifestyle and well-being, so it should be it's own reward.

When do I anticipate breaking it or fucking up? Well, I've got a good friend visiting around the beginning of May for a couple of weeks where travelling the UK is intended, so I'd dare say the routine and saving spree will be broken up by that. Will I resume? I dunno; ask me in about 5 and a half months,

Old Post 12-31-13 19:25 #
Phobus is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Flesh420

Create a Quake 1 episode, hopefully something I'm actually happy with for once.

Old Post 12-31-13 19:39 #
Flesh420 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Fellowzdoomer
Forum Regular

Find a way to get a computer. Android cant run db, and its takimg its toll on me.

Old Post 12-31-13 19:42 #
Fellowzdoomer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
yukib1t
Will DDR for food

I have an unusually good track record for keeping New Years Resolutions. Dunno why.

1) Get back to how active I was in 2011 before pneumonia and anxiety problems kicked my ass.

2) Kick anxiety's ass, if only enough that I can go back to work.

3) Release a new Partition 36 album.

4) 3968x1152

Old Post 12-31-13 20:28 #
yukib1t is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Getsu Fune
Forum Regular

*Reads own profile*

Okay then...

why is it that when people discuss something to do with any form of morality what so ever it turns into a (rather entertaining to watch and often fun to get involved in just for lolz) rather heated argument involving actual insults? -mrthejoshmon

Old Post 12-31-13 20:50 #
Getsu Fune is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
C30N9

I'll try to make it a year where I finally make actual progress through my future career, which is programming. Also, learn more modelling and start developing a game using Unity.

Old Post 12-31-13 22:20 #
C30N9 is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Jimi

1) Finish my Doom megawad or abandon it and release single levels into idgames archive instead.

2) Swing my swords every day/do punches/kicks/lift weights/run (not all of these one day, but maybe sometimes all).

3) Progress my game project so I could release a demo.

4) Find a girlfriend. But maybe I need to lower my standards, since I don't feel like fitting into them myself.

5) Have a better sleep rhythm.

6) Take a shower, I feel kinda dirty.

7) Eat some bread, I feel kinda hungry, kinda thirsty too.

Old Post 12-31-13 22:48 #
Jimi is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Stygian

1) Be less of a friendless autist and actually talk to people on campus.
2) Keep my eyes peeled for work/internships.
3) Participate in open source programming projects.
4) Maintain GPA.
5) Increase physical activity.

Old Post 12-31-13 22:49 #
Stygian is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Patrol1985

I failed my last year's resolution so I will try to keep it this year and I will add a new one:

1. Stop using swear words (that's the old one that I failed)
2. Learn to cook something new (because I can cook only like 3 different dishes).

Old Post 12-31-13 23:47 #
Patrol1985 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Nightmare Doom
On probation

"New Years Resolutions" is entirely absurd especially it has religious origins.

Even the entire Gregorian Calender (the Calender we use) is also inaccurate and unreliable since it's a Solar calender not counting the Lunar aspect of things and plus it's also a Christian calender (not to mention it originally had 250 days and they kept changing it which makes anyone question the liability the calender is) which is what our entire society (in the West) is predominated with and forces it on the world (just like it does with it's Holidays like Christmas and such) as the "Official" one which is a example of Western Hegemony.

Last edited by Nightmare Doom on 01-01-14 at 04:08

Old Post 01-01-14 03:32 #
Nightmare Doom is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Marcaek

piss off with the sanctimonious militant atheism please

Old Post 01-01-14 03:40 #
Marcaek is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Nightmare Doom
On probation

Marcaek said:
piss off with the sanctimonious militant atheism please

While I don't like the tone where this is going but it also appears that societies true colors about to show.

Last edited by Nightmare Doom on 01-01-14 at 04:04

Old Post 01-01-14 03:54 #
Nightmare Doom is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Hypnotoad
Green Marine

oi mate
allow it

Old Post 01-01-14 03:55 #
Hypnotoad is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Avoozl

Nightmare Doom said:
Don't look at it for the religious aspect but more for the willing to make a change from their normal routine and do something better with their lives.

Old Post 01-01-14 04:07 #
Avoozl is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Nightmare Doom
On probation

Avoozl said:
Don't look at it for the religious aspect but more for the willing to make a change from their normal routine.

I think your missing the point that it cannot be divorced because that's where it comes from and we only secularized it but it's still the same thing.

Old Post 01-01-14 04:10 #
dew
experts

Nightmare Doom said:
While I don't like the tone where this is going but it also appears that societies true colors about to show.

As a certified grade AAA+ atheist, I say thee what the fuck?!

Old Post 01-01-14 04:11 #
dew is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Nightmare Doom
On probation

dew said:

As a certified grade AAA+ atheist, I say thee what the fuck?!

I think I may have misjudged but that first reply made it appear so.

Old Post 01-01-14 04:17 #
dew
experts

I'm sorry, but are you drunk?

Old Post 01-01-14 04:20 #
dew is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Tarnsman
Forum Regular

Nightmare Doom said:
Even the entire Gregorian Calender (the Calender we use) is also inaccurate and unreliable since it's a Solar calender not counting the Lunar aspect of things and plus it's also a Christian calender

The Gregorian Calendar is based on the Julian Calendar (which was made in 46 BC) and the only difference between the two is the Julian Calendar is 365.25 days vs 365.2425 days for Gregorian. MAN THANKS CHRISTIANITY THAT .002% INCREASE TOTALLY FUCKED US!

Old Post 01-01-14 04:21 #
Tarnsman is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
schwerpunk

Christ...

Anyway, I forgot to mention imma try to quit smoking, too. Funny, I remember one my first posts here was about that exactly, lol.

Old Post 01-01-14 04:22 #
schwerpunk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Csonicgo

Nightmare Doom said:

Even the entire Gregorian Calender (the Calender we use) is also inaccurate and unreliable since it's a Solar calender not counting the Lunar aspect of things and plus it's also a Christian calender (not to mention it originally had 250 days and they kept changing it which makes anyone question the liability the calender is) which is what our entire society (in the West) is predominated with and forces it on the world (just like it does with it's Holidays like Christmas and such) as the "Official" one which is a example of Western Hegemony.

http://i.imgur.com/Z6ZDAq5.png

Old Post 01-01-14 04:31 #
Csonicgo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
rf`
Dr. Nosign

I resolve to not make resolutions I can't keep.

Old Post 01-01-14 05:17 #
rf` is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zed
Forum Regular

New year here in most of Mexico 15 minutes ago (US Central Time). Happy new year!!

Also, this year I'm going to quit smoking... again.

Old Post 01-01-14 06:17 #
Zed is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dragonsbrethren

I resolve to get the Gregorian calendar replaced with a lunar one for Nightmare Doom, so that seasons drift away from months and nothing makes any sense after a few years.

Old Post 01-01-14 07:02 #
Dragonsbrethren is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
zap610
JETSONZ KREW 4LYF

To continue the mapping momentum I recently built up.

Old Post 01-01-14 08:11 #
zap610 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GreyGhost
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Exercise more and lose some weight - I probably said the same last year.

Dragonsbrethren said:
I resolve to get the Gregorian calendar replaced with a lunar one for Nightmare Doom, so that seasons drift away from months and nothing makes any sense after a few years.
It'd be quicker and easier to arrange a forced conversion to Islam, then Nightmare Doom could use the Hijri calendar to order his life. ;)

Old Post 01-01-14 10:07 #
GreyGhost is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
chungy

stop being so fat

Old Post 01-01-14 13:11 #
chungy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

For me the new year generally begins February because I have lots of crap for college due January. In any case...
- do body-building regularly if I have time. I don't know if I'll do in case I need to work during my free time for the thesis. Even if I end up looking like a brick who obviously did gym recently, it's still better than being gaunt or worse, fat.
- talk to friends and possible friends more. Since college is ending I'm gonna be alone if I don't talk to someone.
- do something constructive in my free time that I can post on my resume, so I'm not stuck with the same job forever...

Old Post 01-01-14 13:27 #
printz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote