Cacodemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > Doom World Title requirements
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 15:50. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Doominator2
Forum Regular

Is there a list of posts needed for titles.
for example you need 50 posts to be a mini member and 100 posts to be a junior member and so on.

Old Post 01-13-14 21:57 #
Doominator2 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Bloodshedder
Spellchecker

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/doom-general/31472-ranks/

Old Post 01-13-14 22:11 #
Bloodshedder is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Memfis
Forum Spammer

Banned - Self-explanatory. You'll want this even less.

Funny how that guy got banned after all. :)

Old Post 01-13-14 22:30 #
Memfis is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
GreyGhost
I have a custom title now!

I enter the thread - half expecting to find replacements for the Doom Honorific Titles being discussed - only to suffer a brief bout of forum rank induced déjà vu. Maybe it's about time that list was added to the FAQ.

Old Post 01-14-14 02:00 #
GreyGhost is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Avoozl
Forum Staple

Just keep in mind if you do something stupid enough you will get a degrading title and at that point post count won't affect your title anymore. :P

Old Post 01-14-14 02:19 #
Avoozl is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Nomad
Not dumb enough to get a custom title

Avoozl said:
Just keep in mind if you do something stupid enough you will get a degrading title and at that point post count won't affect your title anymore. :P

I'm not sure if I should be flattered or not that I apparently have never done anything dumb enough to get stuck with a custom title. :P

Old Post 01-14-14 02:30 #
Nomad is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Nomad
Not dumb enough to get a custom title

Seems I've spoken too soon, haha.

Old Post 01-14-14 02:41 #
Nomad is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
GreyGhost

Welcome to the dummy club.

Avoozl said:
True, though doing something stupid enough to warrant a spell in Losers will erase that custom title, so you'll revert to the appropriate forum rank if/when released.

Old Post 01-14-14 04:32 #
GreyGhost is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
myk
volveré y seré millones

GreyGhost said:
True, though doing something stupid enough to warrant a spell in Losers will erase that custom title, so you'll revert to the appropriate forum rank if/when released.
True, though admins can avoid that, so you might revert to the appropriate title prank if/when released, if not something worse!

Old Post 01-14-14 05:00 #
myk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Avoozl
Forum Staple

I remember noticing 40oz's title not reverting back after he was losered.

Old Post 01-14-14 05:08 #
Avoozl is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Obsidian
Forum Staple

And then he gets the one asking for a custom title instead. Didn't realize he was that chatty. :P

Old Post 01-14-14 05:19 #
Obsidian is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Shadow Hog
Forum Regular

Bloodshedder said:
http://www.doomworld.com/vb/doom-general/31472-ranks/
Seems a little off; I have 540 posts, as of this post, which should make me "Forum Regular" according to that list, but, in fact, I'm still "Member".

Not that I really care where I rank on the standard user title ladder, just that those cited numbers aren't quite right.

Old Post 01-14-14 05:29 #
Shadow Hog is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Avoozl
Forum Staple

Shadow Hog said:
Seems a little off; I have 540 posts, as of this post, which should make me "Forum Regular" according to that list, but, in fact, I'm still "Member".
It seems like 666 posts is now the requirement for "Forum Regular", I know because I remember getting it once I had 666 posts.

Old Post 01-14-14 05:37 #
Shadow Hog
Forum Regular

I was guessing 600, but 666 seems considerably more appropriate, yes.

Old Post 01-14-14 06:06 #
Shadow Hog is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Kontra Kommando
Let's attack aggressively

Shadow Hog said:
I was guessing 600, but 666 seems considerably more appropriate, yes.

666 gives you the "Evil Member" title. I remember having it only during the time my post count was 666. After that, my title was changed to forum regular.

Old Post 01-14-14 06:18 #
Kontra Kommando is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Avoozl
Forum Staple

Kontra Kommando said:

666 gives you the "Evil Member" title. I remember having it only during the time my post count was 666. After that, my title was changed to forum regular.

Strange, I don't remember ever getting that title.

Old Post 01-14-14 06:24 #
GreyGhost

Neither do I, unless it's a fairly recent change.

myk said:
True, though admins can avoid that, so you might revert to the appropriate title prank if/when released, if not something worse!
True, admins can walk on water if the mood strikes them. I hate to think what Hellbent could wind up with if he has another sojourn in Losers. ;)

Old Post 01-14-14 06:50 #
fraggle
Filled with the code of Doom

If you're paying attention to titles and post counts then you're probably doing Doomworld wrong.

Old Post 01-14-14 07:10 #
fraggle is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Avoozl
Forum Staple

I'm a very observant kind of person, I pay attention to even the smallest of things at times, but I know for sure that post counts and titles are unimportant.

Old Post 01-14-14 07:21 #
Eris Falling
Forum Staple

There is also a special title at 1210 posts only. I didn't notice at all when I got it

EDIT: Ha! Good job Nomad! :D

Old Post 01-14-14 07:49 #
Eris Falling is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Jodwin
Forum Staple

So has anyone created a formula to figure out when there will be so many regulars with custom titles, that actually not having one makes you more special than having one?

Looking at this thread so far, I'd say we aren't too far off.

Old Post 01-14-14 07:53 #
Jodwin is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
dew
experts

Looking at ancient threads, I'd say the pace of handing out titles has actually slowed down considerably and members have repopulated the land.

Old Post 01-14-14 08:30 #
dew is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Joshy

dew said:
Looking at ancient threads, I'd say the pace of handing out titles has actually slowed down considerably and members have repopulated the land.

Definitely. Would be nice to see some more spontaneous custom titles, it does give a nice idiosyncratic feel to the forums.

Old Post 01-14-14 09:48 #
Joshy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Memfis
Forum Spammer

CAN I GET A DUMB CUSTOM TUTLE TO PLEOSE

Old Post 01-14-14 13:05 #
Memfis is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Krispy

I also don't really think they're so important (not just saying that to be kewl), but at the same time I think it would be cool if there were some sort of extra line in someone's profile that only they and the Admins could see specifically for the purpose of a “custom title wish" to be given to the person for whatever reason, mainly to get less posts requesting them. Then again, it's not like it's a big problem now.

Old Post 01-14-14 13:55 #
Krispy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
walter confalonieri

eh, cool, looks like i make 1000 and more post here....

Old Post 01-14-14 14:24 #
walter confalonieri is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
GreyGhost

Krispy said:
I also don't really think they're so important
Go easy with the reverse psychology, sometimes it works too well. :P

There was a time when custom title giveaways were practically an annual event, but it looks to be nearly a decade since the last one.

Old Post 01-14-14 14:29 #
MajorRawne

I dread to think what title I'll have earned by the time I get one, but I also cannot stand the suspense. Someone please let me out of my misery... before I wet my pants!

Old Post 01-14-14 17:50 #
MajorRawne is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Phobus
Forum Staple

I'm quite looking forward to getting "Why haven't I got a custom title by now?!" at 5000 posts, but looking at my current post count and posts per day, it's going to take me another 7-8 years to get there. Still, it'll be nice to know I managed to keep my head down for all that time.

Saying that, my current one is nice. Almost feels like an award for being here so long.

Old Post 01-14-14 18:35 #
Phobus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Nuxius
Forum Regular

Looks like you spoke too soon there, Phobus. Congrats???

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-w9C1Lunr_hI/T1_O0tm2mGI/AAAAAAAAAoI/t9wME4x28Y8/s1600/Milton%2BStapler.jpg

Old Post 01-15-14 05:43 #
Nuxius is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote