Demon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > Mental Illness
batshit spastic?
yea
nae
View Results [Edit Poll (moderators only)]
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 4 » ... Last »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 09:54. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
darknation
Forum Staple

I'm curious; how many of you consider yourselves to have some form of repulsive psychological disease? I'm willing to discount furries for the purposes of this poll*. Depression counts if you are either medicated or think the colour of your own blood goes well with the wallpaper / curtains. Alcoholism and drug abuse are made of win, therefore do not count towards the ultimate purposes of this poll unless you have really ruined your life by over-indulging in God's glorious narcotic bounty.

Have at thee.

*Unless you think that your fixation on anthropomorphic rabbits is - quite rightly - a sign that your brain is a broken distro, in which case feel free to tell us all about how wallowing in your rancid, feculent self-loathing is ruining your life.

Last edited by darknation on 01-15-14 at 08:49

Old Post 01-15-14 04:20 #
darknation is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
yukib1t
Will DDR for food

I was diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder a year ago.

Old Post 01-15-14 04:53 #
yukib1t is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Avoozl
Forum Staple

I've been through 12 years of depression and still going, and last year I just developed anxiety as I was trying to get back into to being social in real life again after a long time, I have Aspergers but I have no idea if that counts.

Last edited by Avoozl on 01-15-14 at 09:50

Old Post 01-15-14 04:59 #
Avoozl is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Obsidian
Forum Staple

I have Assburgers. Does that count?

Old Post 01-15-14 05:31 #
Obsidian is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Snakes

Oh yeah. I've had repeated problems in the past with all sor-

darknation said:
Alcoholism and drug abuse are made of win, therefore do not count towards the ultimate purposes of this poll unless you have really ruined your life by over-indulging in God's glorious narcotic bounty.

Ah... well, uh, never mind then.

Old Post 01-15-14 05:38 #
Snakes is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zed
Forum Regular

I'm a pigheaded asshole with practically null social skills. So I'm going to say... yes.

EDIT: Oops.

Last edited by Zed on 01-15-14 at 08:07

Old Post 01-15-14 06:37 #
Zed is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Netherstorm

I was diagnosed with Social Anxiety Disorder a little while ago.

Old Post 01-15-14 08:07 #
Netherstorm is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Stygian

Asperger's, social anxiety and depression, here. For a short while, I was hospitalized and sedated for apparent delusions, although I was never diagnosed with any form of psychosis.

When you're in your fourth year of college, and you haven't made a single friend and the desks around where you sit are always the last to fill up, it sort of makes you feel like a subhuman dog who deserves to die.

Old Post 01-15-14 08:19 #
Stygian is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
ultama121
Warming Up

Primarily Obsessional OCD is the only thing I've been outright diagnosed with, but its pretty apparent that I struggle with anxiety and depression as well. That depression/anxiety was as bad as to lead to suicidal ideation at one point, too. Gladly, however, I can say that not only am I long free of suicidal ideation, but also that I'm unburdened and happy at least half of the time these days. :)

Old Post 01-15-14 08:31 #
ultama121 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
rf`
Dr. Nosign

I'm a doomworld member. That should be enough to get me committed.

Old Post 01-15-14 08:33 #
rf` is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Obsidian
Forum Staple

rf` said:
I'm a doomworld furry. That should be enough to get me committed.

Fixed.

Old Post 01-15-14 08:38 #
Obsidian is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Piper Maru

Depression and Avoidant Personality Disorder.

Old Post 01-15-14 09:13 #
Piper Maru is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ralphis
IDL Founder

I ain't got time for disorders

Old Post 01-15-14 09:23 #
Ralphis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Obsidian
Forum Staple

Ralphis said:
I ain't got time for disorders

So ADHD then? :P

Old Post 01-15-14 09:27 #
durian

Obsidian said:
I have Assburgers. Does that count?

I'd be surprised if the people who made these decisions were to categorise the various forms of ASD as illnesses.

I've known a fair few people - friends and acquaintances - who have undergone psychotic episodes, full-blown psychosis, and/or schizophrenia - in most cases, this has been tied to their impressive misuse of various drugs (most recently, methadrone).

Old Post 01-15-14 09:53 #
durian is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
geo
Forum Staple

<< Autism maybe?

Old Post 01-15-14 11:34 #
geo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
j4rio
Forum Staple

Does flu count?

Old Post 01-15-14 11:50 #
j4rio is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GreyGhost
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

j4rio said:
Does flu count?
Only if the outcome is viral meningoencephalitis. :P

Old Post 01-15-14 12:03 #
GreyGhost is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kotzugi

Upvotes for eloquently written and entertaining opening post. Also for the guy who wrote "Ass Burgers".

As for myself, I won't qualify, although I had my fair share of asocial, anxious and depressed episodes in the past (it's much better although I tend to not very actively seek social contact if there is no outside influence (kinda like a psychological Newton's Law) even though I enjoy social contact with the right people like any introvert, and leaning towards extroversion in the right situations (I can be very chatty)).

An ex of mine has been diagnosed with a form of Borderline Personality Disorder, and she always had been clinically depressed so I kinda have an idea of the hell that someone like that must go through.

I guess the other big question is: Are there significantly more "mental" members of doomworld.com than usual (i.e. the rest of the human population)?

Old Post 01-15-14 12:10 #
Kotzugi is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Sokoro

Kotzugi said:
I guess the other big question is: Are there significantly more "mental" members of doomworld.com than usual (i.e. the rest of the human population)?

Like someone who was hospitalised in department for psychicaly ill for several times?

Btw, Can you guess what I have? (minus the bad grammar :p)

Old Post 01-15-14 12:38 #
Sokoro is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kotzugi

Sokoro said:

Like someone who was hospitalised in department for psychicaly ill for several times?

Same qualifications as what OP stated.

Sokoro said:
Btw, Can you guess what I have? (minus the bad grammar :p)

Since you've been hospitalised it means that you needed treatment for something physical. So I would guess not something like hallucinations but maybe self-harm or injury because of depression, borderline or something else where you lose your sense of self or something.

Hey I'm no expert.

Old Post 01-15-14 12:53 #
Kotzugi is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kotzugi

Sorry for double posting. To OP: Does epilepsy count? I've had two major incidents in recent years.

Old Post 01-15-14 12:58 #
40oz
Forum Spammer

During my high school years I was concerned I had something wrong with me. If you do a lot of psychological reading, even the most normal person will have like six or seven disorders. I've come to accept that i, along with most people here probably just have an introverted personality and there's nothing wrong with that.

Old Post 01-15-14 13:02 #
40oz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Springy

The only thing I have and it's quite bad at times to the extent that I always look behind me (even in broad daylight) when I walk home as I seem to think I am always being followed even in my own house often when alone I tend to check everything and double check doors to see if they're locked, I am sure that every human does this though. Many a sleepless night is quite common for me too and my short term memory is shockingly bad but I don't count those as mental health issues.

Old Post 01-15-14 13:04 #
Springy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Sokoro

Hey, I did not say I was hospitalised..
and in case that I would say that I was, then I would also say that it was because of them trying to diagnose me and of me not doing what was expected from me, but I do not want to make it easier for NSA Spyorists :p

Halucinations are for schizophrenic people and self-harm is for weak normal people.

Old Post 01-15-14 13:04 #
Sokoro is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kotzugi

Sokoro said:
Hey, I did not say I was hospitalised..

Sorry, but the way you stated it gave me that impression.

Sokoro said:
and in case that I would say that I was, then I would also say that it was because of them trying to diagnose me and of me not doing what was expected from me, but I do not want to make it easier for NSA Spyorists :p

Paranoia?

Sokoro said:
Halucinations are for schizophrenic people and self-harm is for weak normal people.

A lot of things cause hallucinations.

Wikipedia said:
Hallucinations can be associated with drug use (particularly deliriants), sleep deprivation, psychosis, neurological disorders, and delirium tremens.

Also, my ex harms herself and she isn't "weak and normal", it is explicitly because of her borderline condition.

Old Post 01-15-14 13:29 #
DoomUK
Forum Staple

Diagnosed with depression when I was 17. Was later hospitalised for a week following a failed suicide attempt.

Have since developed other symptoms. I can tick most of the boxes for social anxiety and body dysmorphia, though neither of these have been professionally assessed.

Old Post 01-15-14 14:50 #
DoomUK is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
darkreaver

So, does all psychiatric nutjobs choose Doom, or does Doom choose them?

Old Post 01-15-14 15:16 #
darkreaver is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Phobus
Forum Staple

As is often the case for people who are hobbyists primarily on the internet, I was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome around 11, although I'm fairly minor on that front.

Social Anxiety Disorder and Depression get bandied around as possibilities for me too, but as I'm not interested in being professionally diagnosed and have similar opinions on psychology to 40oz, I consider those fairly normal and just something I have to deal with. My bad spells are usually short-lived and don't have any ill effects IMO.

I've been accused of alcoholism several times over the last few years, but I've proved to my own satisfaction that I'm not dependent. It's all rock & roll here :p

Old Post 01-15-14 15:25 #
Phobus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
geekmarine

I've had times in my life when I've hit the sauce pretty hard, so I'd definitely say I've got issues with alcohol. It's also been suggested that I may suffer from depression, but I've never gone in for an official diagnosis or anything.

Old Post 01-15-14 15:36 #
geekmarine is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote