Weird impy thing
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > Norway for Snowden

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 01:06. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Hellbent
Forum Bellend

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/..._n_4686575.html

Norway nominates Snoweden for Nobel Prize.

Old Post 01-30-14 21:20 #
Hellbent is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
chungy

I'm pretty sure they lost all credibility following the awards to Obama and the EU.

All the same, Snowden definitely does deserve it.

Old Post 01-30-14 22:52 #
chungy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
dew
experts

chungy said:
I'm pretty sure they lost all credibility following the awards to Obama and the EU.

Wow, Obama and the EU are the ones that broke your faith? Not Kissinger, Sadat, Mother Theresa, Arafat or Peres?

Old Post 01-30-14 23:12 #
dew is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
chungy

Fair points. Obama and EU are still in recent enough history that I actually remembered them :P

Old Post 02-01-14 23:49 #
chungy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
AndrewB
I would commit first degree murder and then fabricate evidence to make it look like self defense.

A more interesting question is, if he won it, whether he should accept it or not. I would say yes.

Old Post 02-02-14 15:54 #
AndrewB is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Waffenak
Forum Regular

fascinating, he might get it

Old Post 02-02-14 16:12 #
Waffenak is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Clonehunter
Forum Staple

dew said:

Wow, Obama and the EU are the ones that broke your faith? Not Kissinger, Sadat, Mother Theresa, Arafat or Peres?

MOTHER THERESA WAS A GODDAMN SAINT

Old Post 02-02-14 22:20 #
Clonehunter is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
dew
experts

I'd rather put a halo on Kissinger's head.

Old Post 02-02-14 22:35 #
dew is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
darknation
Forum Staple

props to all logged in Norwegians.

Old Post 02-02-14 23:39 #
darknation is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
hardcore_gamer
Fáviti Member

Does anybody even care about the Noble prize at this point?

Old Post 02-03-14 01:36 #
hardcore_gamer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
dew
experts

If no one does, I could use a million dollars. I'm available for any category! Well, maybe not economy, that's just poor taste.

Old Post 02-03-14 03:12 #
Gokuma
picnic bench lord

Snowden is an act.

The real deals don't get covered by the media.

Also, wikileaks was censoring what it was releasing. Someone leaked everything unedited and pissed them off, but of course the media was very quiet about that.

Old Post 02-10-14 00:07 #
Gokuma is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
myk
volveré y seré millones

Don't listen to Gokuma, he is CIA Doomworld operator #114. In fact, he's John McCarthy, and that's why he has a French website. I should know because I hired him.

The CIA Doomworld content received through this CIA Doomworld spermod is top secret information of CIA/Mossad or its third party suppliers. Republication or redistribution of content provided by CIA Doomworld is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of CIA Doomworld admins, except where permitted by the terms of the relevant CIA Doomworld service agreement.

Old Post 02-10-14 01:11 #
myk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gokuma
picnic bench lord

CIA France was offering a great deal on free CIA webspace and CIA babelfish did some decent translations.

Old Post 02-11-14 23:20 #
Gokuma is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TheCupboard
Forum Regular

Welcome back Gokuma. We've been expecting you.

Old Post 02-12-14 05:11 #
TheCupboard is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Patrol1985

dew said:

What was wrong about Mother Theresa if I may ask?

Old Post 02-12-14 07:02 #
Patrol1985 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Aliotroph?
postCount++

She was the sort to build squalid facilities where she could pray over the dying and bask in their suffering rather than treat them while leaving loads of money in the bank. When she was ill it was off to a western hospital.

Old Post 02-12-14 08:05 #
Aliotroph? is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
hardcore_gamer
Fáviti Member

Aliotroph? said:
She was the sort to build squalid facilities where she could pray over the dying and bask in their suffering rather than treat them while leaving loads of money in the bank. When she was ill it was off to a western hospital.

This. The women was actually just some kind of twisted sadist. She probably suffered from mental illness as well.

Old Post 02-12-14 16:14 #
hardcore_gamer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
fraggle
Filled with the code of Doom

Patrol1985 said:

What was wrong about Mother Theresa if I may ask?

She's held up as a Saint (particularly by the Catholic church) but her actual actions are a lot more controversial and questionable.

Wikipedia has a page about it. Christopher Hitchens was her most prominent, vocal critic. Here's a review of his book on her.

Old Post 02-12-14 16:48 #
fraggle is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gokuma
picnic bench lord

TheCupboard said:
Welcome back Gokuma. We've been expecting you.

I expected you've been expecting me. And thanks.

Old Post 02-13-14 01:12 #
darknation
Forum Staple

re; mother T, might be from a NSFW website, but this is the best link on the subject.

Old Post 02-13-14 01:39 #
darknation is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
myk
volveré y seré millones

Whatever can be said of Mother Teresa and her controversies, she's still a better peace prize candidate than Kissinger or the EU, among others.

About the only value left in the Nobel peace prize is the publicity it may offer for the occasional worthy that may receive it now and then. Otherwise, it's almost an insult by association with some of the other laureates.

Perhaps its a sign of how low we can fall and if we can handle ourselves in a more humane way in the future the nominees will also improve.

Old Post 02-13-14 08:10 #
myk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote