Icon of Sin / Baphomet
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > Yuppie stupidity cannot be concealed!
Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 00:22. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Danarchy
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!

They were covering this on the local news channel, and I thought it was pretty funny:

Man Immolates Self With Cell Phone

Old Post 04-27-02 05:45 #
Danarchy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
nxn
meephead

Damn, I must admit I never really took those shits seriously either. I thought it was like highly unlikely for something to happen if you used a cell phone at a gas station.

Old Post 04-27-02 05:49 #
nxn is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
fodders
OWNS YOU

The static ignited and set fire causing his arm to catch fire? Was he prosecuted for possesing a firearm?

You are my opponent, but not my enemy, for your resistance gives me strength. Your will gives me courage. Your spirit ennobles me. And, although I aim to defeat you, should I succeed, I will not humiliate you, instead I will honour you..For without you, I am a lesser man.

Old Post 04-27-02 05:52 #
fodders is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Danarchy

fodders said:
The static ignited and set fire causing his arm to catch fire? Was he prosecuted for possesing a firearm?

ROFL

Old Post 04-27-02 05:58 #
Danarchy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

Actually it could also be considered an explosive detonator. That means strictly illegal weaponry...

Old Post 04-27-02 06:01 #
Zaldron is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
nxn
meephead

ooh, with this knowledge that I obtained at doomworld.com I will blow up my school using a cell phone! HMMUAHAHAHA!

Old Post 04-27-02 06:03 #
nxn is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Danarchy

orion said:
ooh, with this knowledge that I obtained at doomworld.com I will blow up my school using a cell phone! HMMUAHAHAHA!

Yeah, first you'd have to find a way to fill your school with gasoline fumes...

Old Post 04-27-02 06:31 #
Kid Airbag
Not really a kid. Not really an airbag. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!? Who's asking? Are you French? An airbag is a safety device in a car that inflates during a collision and blocks you from smashing your head into the dashboard or steering wheel!

Heh, there was a U.S. Armory across the street from my old school...that entire block always reeked of gas =)

Old Post 04-27-02 07:25 #
Kid Airbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
IMJack
Web Radio Geek

Wow. How many ways can a cell phone kill you now? Cancer, driving distraction, immolation, am I missing anything?

Old Post 04-27-02 08:17 #
IMJack is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Captain Red
Pants

orion said:
Damn, I must admit I never really took those shits seriously either. I thought it was like highly unlikely for something to happen if you used a cell phone at a gas station.

There are warnings for a resion. Geez i hate mobiles.

Old Post 04-27-02 12:41 #
Captain Red is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
nxn
meephead

Well these "resions" seemed unlikely to me because I have seen peopl using cell phones at gas stations and nothing happening.

Old Post 04-27-02 18:01 #
fodders
OWNS YOU

Ct_red_pants said:

There are warnings for a resion. Geez i hate mobiles.

It must be scary at these gas stations? http://www.mobil.com/maff/world/uk/images/logo.gif

You are my opponent, but not my enemy, for your resistance gives me strength. Your will gives me courage. Your spirit ennobles me. And, although I aim to defeat you, should I succeed, I will not humiliate you, instead I will honour you..For without you, I am a lesser man.

Old Post 04-27-02 20:23 #
fodders is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Danarchy

Cell phones are like the worst invention in the last 20 years.

Old Post 04-27-02 21:59 #
nxn
meephead

the_Danarchist said:
Cell phones are like the worst invention in the last 20 years.

That's just stupid, you're just stupid, and I take back every hug I ever gave you!

It should be a law that every person over 16 hast to have a cell phone.

Old Post 04-27-02 22:56 #
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

orion said:
It should be a law that every person over 16 hast to have a cell phone.

AGREED

Old Post 04-28-02 03:49 #
Zaldron is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
fodders
OWNS YOU

I know they are called mobiles, but why, when you get a call do you walk around? Can no-one answer a mobile without moving about?

Old Post 04-28-02 03:55 #
nxn
meephead

I never heard anyone call a cell phone a mobile, however I would assume some might because it's a mobile phone, meaning you can take it with you to most places and it will work.

Old Post 04-28-02 03:58 #
IMJack
Web Radio Geek

People who drive with a cell phone on their ear should be shot before they get a chance to kill the rest of us. I oughta install a cell-phone jammer on my car...

Old Post 04-28-02 04:15 #
IMJack is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
fodders
OWNS YOU

orion said:
I never heard anyone call a cell phone a mobile, however I would assume some might because it's a mobile phone, meaning you can take it with you to most places and it will work.
In England cell phones are "mobiles", no one ever calls them cell phones, it's always a mobile

Old Post 04-28-02 04:22 #
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

IMJack said:
People who drive with a cell phone on their ear should be shot before they get a chance to kill the rest of us. I oughta install a cell-phone jammer on my car...

Of course, driving+cel = WRONG

But there's nothing like one of these babies to set up a gathering with your friends in 30 seconds.

Old Post 04-28-02 05:43 #
nxn
meephead

Most people still talk on the cell phone and drive at the same time. My friends moms alweys do that, maybe she'll learn if she has an accident, till then let her do it.

Old Post 04-28-02 07:33 #
Danarchy

Zaldron said:

Of course, driving+cel = WRONG

But there's nothing like one of these babies to set up a gathering with your friends in 30 seconds.

Um, if you're gonna have a gathering, wouldn't it be at your house. In that case, using a cell phone would be retarded.

Also, I hate that fact that most of them don't have proper reciever/earpiece distance anymore. The reciever is usualy lying on my cheek while the earpiece is where its supposed to be. WTF am I supposed to do?

Old Post 04-28-02 08:25 #
Kid Airbag
Not really a kid. Not really an airbag. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!? Who's asking? Are you French? An airbag is a safety device in a car that inflates during a collision and blocks you from smashing your head into the dashboard or steering wheel!

the_Danarchist said:
Also, I hate that fact that most of them don't have proper reciever/earpiece distance anymore. The reciever is usualy lying on my cheek while the earpiece is where its supposed to be. WTF am I supposed to do?
Uh, that's normal and it really doesn't affect anything. At all.

Old Post 04-28-02 08:28 #
Kid Airbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Danarchy

Archvile64 said:
Uh, that's normal and it really doesn't affect anything. At all.

But then I cant hear the person I'm talking to when my mouth is on the reciever. What if they desire to interject?

Old Post 04-28-02 08:29 #
nxn
meephead

what anoys me about them is that you have to keep your hand down low and on the sides. Just feels wierd to hold it like that =\

Old Post 04-28-02 08:30 #
Kid Airbag

the_Danarchist said:

But then I cant hear the person I'm talking to when my mouth is on the reciever. What if they desire to interject?

Uhm...my cell phone is like that and you don't have to have your mouth on the receiver for your voice to go through clearly...

Old Post 04-28-02 08:47 #
nxn
meephead

Archvile64 said:
Uhm...my cell phone is like that and you don't have to have your mouth on the receiver for your voice to go through clearly...

and it's like that with every cell phone that has a receiver that ISN'T SUPPOSED TO GO NEXT TO YOUR MOUTH =]

Old Post 04-28-02 08:49 #
TheHighestTree
Retard

"The driver sustained some fist degree burns on his hand..."

That's a direct quote...Is this because of the firearm pun?

Old Post 04-28-02 17:30 #
TheHighestTree is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Rellik
Knock Knock
Who's there?

I'll be damned if I ever own one of those things. Shit I never answer my phone here at home, why would I want a phone I can take with me where ever I go just to not answer it, either? I hate phones all together. Then again, I'm extremely anti-social. That's why i love forums, I say what I want to say, when I want to say it. :)

Old Post 04-28-02 19:15 #
Rellik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
fodders
OWNS YOU

Rellik said:
I'll be damned if I ever own one of those things. Shit I never answer my phone here at home, why would I want a phone I can take with me where ever I go just to not answer it, either? I hate phones all together. Then again, I'm extremely anti-social. That's why i love forums, I say what I want to say, when I want to say it. :)
Riiiiinnnnnnnnnnnggg....RRRRIIIIINNNNGGGGG...RiiiiiiiNNNNNNggggggg

Old Post 04-28-02 20:53 #