Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reisal

Why mobile (phone) gaming sucks

Does it also work with flavours of DOSBox? Like emulating a Gravis Gamepad or what was being supported by games like Doom on DOS.

I've not tried but it should do, it can be used as a standard H.I.D as well (and thus freely mappable, too) which I'm sure DOSBox supports. I'll test it later on and update this post.

Edit: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fishstix.dosbox&hl=en_GB
Skip to 3:30 to see DOOM (setup and binding at start)

Note thats the even smaller "pocket" version of the Moga but they use the same driver.

Nobody in favour of mobile gaming? John Carmack at one point said he loved his phone. He released wolf3d and doom on ios, not id. It was his personal project.

I'm totally in favor of mobile gaming. GBA games are still awesome. Anyway, since this is about phone gaming, I <3 phone gaming. Lets me kill time when my gf has one of her shitty CW shows on.

doomgargoyle said:

Nobody in favour of mobile gaming? John Carmack at one point said he loved his phone. He released wolf3d and doom on ios, not id. It was his personal project.

Well it certainly has its fair share of interesting timewasters, but the control scheme (touchscreen) is not ideal for many "traditional" genres, including platformers/FPS games. So obviously most games will be point-n-click puzzle games, or limited action games like Flappy Bird and Angry Birds (if you come to think of it, action is reduced to a single tapping and a single drag, accordingly). I'd dread to think that the "future of gaming" will consist entirely of such minimally-interactive casual games.

Terrible mobile port to PC and a disgrace to the Deus Ex franchise:

They didn't even try fixing it up properly for the PC version. Mostly shit still.

Edit: Change to TB's video, more relevant.