Find results in...
Marnetmar

Which U.S President are you?

Obsidian said:

I pity the fool that gets George Bush.

Junior or Senior?

James Madison

Compared to the general population, you are:

Low on Extroversion, indicating that you are an introvert who prefers calm environments to large social gatherings.
Below average on Openness, indicating that you prefer to strike a balance between seeking out novelty and preserving the status quo.
Below average on Agreeableness, indicating that you alternate between being tenderhearted in some situations and tough-minded in others.
Above average on Conscientiousness, indicating that you take a balanced approach between sticking to plans and deadlines and being flexible about updating your current goals.
Below average on Neuroticism, indicating that you respond adequately to changes in your environment and feel some measure of stress under pressure without letting it get to you.

According to a study done by Jeffery J. Mondak, Ph.D., your scores indicate that you are:

Less likely to have a tolerant attitude towards smoking. -> True
More likely to favor harsh criminal punishments over milder ones. -> Untrue
Less likely to watch TV and read the news, preferring instead to follow your own interests. -> Untrue
Less likely to mobilize your friends in your own interests, preferring instead to immerse yourself in your interests in solitude. -> True
Someone who seems impassive to others, while being in fact quite sure of your own views. -> True

According to a study done by Jayme Neiman, Ph.D., your scores indicate that you are:

Less likely than the average person to enjoy bitter vegetables like broccoli and arugula.

I got Obama

•Above average on Extroversion, indicating that you are somewhere in between a pure extrovert and a pure introvert - an "ambivert."
•Above average on Openness, indicating that you are very impatient with the way things are and always on the look for the new, the untested, and the untried.
•Below average on Agreeableness, indicating that you are often seen as critical, tough and domineering in social situations.
•High on Conscientiousness, indicating that you are focused when it comes to goals and deadlines and like to complete your goals and tasks before starting new ones.
•Low on Neuroticism, indicating that you are relaxed, cool under pressure, and not shy about presenting yourself or your ideas.

According to a study done by Jeffery J. Mondak, Ph.D., your scores indicate that you are:
•Not likely to discriminate on the basis of race or sexual orientation.
•More likely to be pro-choice rather than pro-life.
•Likely to feel trapped by the status quo.
•Likely to enjoy complex and abstract discussions.
•Likely to be more knowledgeable on academic topics.
•More likely to favor military intervention as a means of solving foreign policy problems.
•Less likely to think that international cooperation will solve foreign policy problems.
•More likely to take responsibility and to take an active interest in your community.
•More likely to be patriotic and proud of your country.
•More likely to enjoy romantic fiction than the rest of the population.
•More likely to frequently change jobs and partners.
•More likely to end up in jail or to get in trouble with the law.
•More likely to generally disagree with your immediate friends and family.
•More likely to stand your ground and push back against people who are hostile to you, or with whom you are in disagreement.
•More likely to support the use of capital punishment.
•Less likely to take a favorable view of government welfare programs.
•More likely to enjoy fitness training and physical exercise.
•More likely to nurture a few select beliefs that you regard as settled in stone.
•Less likely to flirt with harm and danger.
•Less likely to have insurance or to belong to a labor union.

According to a study done by Jayme Neiman, Ph.D., your scores indicate that you are:
•More likely than the average person to enjoy bitter vegetables like broccoli and arugula.

"I got Jeffie"

"Of course you would"

"I would?"

"He was the most unamerican president :)"

"\o/"

George Washington

"Labor to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire called conscience."

Below average on Extroversion, indicating that you are an introvert who prefers calm environments to large social gatherings.
Below average on Openness, indicating that you find it important to preserve what past generations have built rather than throwing it all overboard on a whim.
Average on Agreeableness, indicating that you alternate between being tenderhearted in some situations and tough-minded in others.
Above average on Conscientiousness, indicating that you take a balanced approach between sticking to plans and deadlines and being flexible about updating your current goals.
Below average on Neuroticism, indicating that you respond adequately to changes in your environment and feel some measure of stress under pressure without letting it get to you.

Likely to be skeptical of minorities and sexual deviants.
More likely to be pro-life rather than pro-choice.
Likely to feel that any sensible person must start with the status quo.
Likely to regard philosophical discussions a waste of time.
Likely to pursue interests in the real world, rather than bury yourself in book knowledge.
Less likely to have a tolerant attitude towards smoking.
More likely to favor harsh criminal punishments over milder ones.
Less likely to watch TV and read the news, preferring instead to follow your own interests.
Less likely to mobilize your friends in your own interests, preferring instead to immerse yourself in your interests in solitude.
Someone who seems impassive to others, while being in fact quite sure of your own views.

Less likely than the average person to enjoy bitter vegetables like broccoli and arugula.

Bloodshedder said:

Makes me wonder if all of the presidents are actually included.

Nah, it says that there are 25 of them

James Madison.

Low on Extroversion, indicating that you are an introvert who prefers calm environments to large social gatherings.

Average on Openness, indicating that you prefer to strike a balance between seeking out novelty and preserving the status quo.

Average on Agreeableness, indicating that you alternate between being tenderhearted in some situations and tough-minded in others.

Average on Conscientiousness, indicating that you take a balanced approach between sticking to plans and deadlines and being flexible about updating your current goals.

Less likely to have a tolerant attitude towards smoking. --True

More likely to favor harsh criminal punishments over milder ones. --Also true, especially strong crimes such as murder and rape.

Less likely to watch TV and read the news, preferring instead to follow your own interests. --Somewhat true, I still follow some news but am no sheep.

Less likely to mobilize your friends in your own interests, preferring instead to immerse yourself in your interests in solitude. --Very true

Someone who seems impassive to others, while being in fact quite sure of your own views. --Very true, I rarely show emotion/empathy towards others.

Amazingly, your personality is simply too smooth and well-rounded for Dr. Neiman's study to be able to say anything about you.

Also that other personality test, I always get ISTJ

I got Obama.

I actually got persuaded by a friend to take a personality test a couple of days ago, even though I'm very sceptical to those, but anyway. Apparently I have a ENTP type of personality.

Where is the love for Franklin "Badass Delano" Roosevelt? That man steered a country through a depression and made the 20th century safe for democracy.

darkreaver said:

I actually got persuaded by a friend to take a personality test a couple of days ago, even though I'm very sceptical to those, but anyway. Apparently I have a ENTP type of personality.

Personality tests are always something you should take with a grain of salt: Not only might they be entirely inaccurate in their analysis, but the questions themselves might be loaded to make it more likely for you to answer one way rather than the other, or they might be from the perspective of a different cultural environment than yours (eg. USA vs North Europe). Not only that, but since some questions with their answer options can be ambiguous enough that picking the answer that's closest to your heart can be really difficult.

With that said, I've found that the free KTS-II has perhaps the best designed questions of any online personality test that I've seen. As to how well their analysis works though I have absolutely no idea.

Jodwin said:

Personality tests are always something you should take with a grain of salt

I'm well awere of that =)

I just found it funny how the description of ENTPs were 100% spot on for me. Like, 100% :P

http://personalityjunkie.com/entp/

Although I guess most people can relate to most of these "types" when reading about them.

edit: I just took the KTS-II too and I "scored" as ENTP there too

Although I guess most people can relate to most of these "types" when reading about them.

No kidding. It's written vague and focuses exclusively on the positives, so you're inclined to agree and you fill the gaps yourself. Same old trick fortune tellers use since the dawn of time.

Like so many others I got Thomas Jefferson. I think its a bit dumb to ask which president you are like if they only inlclude a handful of them and not all of them.

EDIT: My personality type also appears to be INTJ. So I am like Anders Breivik? Yay me.

Obsidian said:

I pity the fool that gets George Bush.

I would perhaps say the same thing about any other President all the above to be honest and this entire thread in general (from a Marxist perspective).

Jodwin said:

Personality tests are always something you should take with a grain of salt: Not only might they be entirely inaccurate in their analysis, but the questions themselves might be loaded to make it more likely for you to answer one way rather than the other, or they might be from the perspective of a different cultural environment than yours (eg. USA vs North Europe). Not only that, but since some questions with their answer options can be ambiguous enough that picking the answer that's closest to your heart can be really difficult.

With that said, I've found that the free KTS-II has perhaps the best designed questions of any online personality test that I've seen. As to how well their analysis works though I have absolutely no idea.

INFP. Sounds about right.

Nightmare Doom said:
I would perhaps say the same thing about any other President all the above to be honest and this entire thread in general (from a Marxist perspective).

Perhaps indeed, because no matter how Marxist or different you may be from all the presidents included, you're bound to be more like one than the others.

Jodwin said:

"I got Jeffie"

"Of course you would"

"I would?"

"He was the most unamerican president :)"

"\o/"

Some would argue that he was the MOST truly american of the presidents. He was a populist that despised the authoritarian-plutocrat style of government the Federalists wanted. Of all the founding fathers, he was the most genuine subscriber to the ideas of the Enlightenment. The others really just wanted to keep the model of government that Britain had there, but without having to pay the King.

Out of 25 U.S. Presidents, you are the most like ...

James Madison

Above average on Openness, indicating that you prefer to strike a balance between seeking out novelty and preserving the status quo.

Above average on Agreeableness, indicating that you are very empathic, tolerant of others, and socially adaptive.

High on Conscientiousness, indicating that you are focused when it comes to goals and deadlines and like to complete your goals and tasks before starting new ones.

Average on Neuroticism, indicating that you respond adequately to changes in your environment and feel some measure of stress under pressure without letting it get to you.

More likely to favor military intervention as a means of solving foreign policy problems.

Less likely to think that international cooperation will solve foreign policy problems.

More likely to take responsibility and to take an active interest in your community.

More likely to be patriotic and proud of your country.

More likely to enjoy romantic fiction than the rest of the population.

Less likely to watch TV and read the news, preferring instead to follow your own interests.

Less likely to mobilize your friends in your own interests, preferring instead to immerse yourself in your interests in solitude.

Someone who seems impassive to others, while being in fact quite sure of your own views.

Less likely to frequently change jobs and partners.

Less likely to end up in jail or to get in trouble with the law.

More likely to generally agree with your immediate friends and family.

More likely to simply avoid people who are hostile to you, or with whom you are in disagreement.

More likely to oppose capital punishment.

More likely to take a favorable view of government welfare programs.

More likely than the average person to enjoy bitter vegetables like broccoli and arugula.

I got ISTJ on KTS-II.

I got Arnold Schwarzenegger. The test was spot on. We both like movies, action and women. Never done test this accurate.

James Madison

"A standing military force, with an overgrown Executive, will not long be safe companions to liberty."

Average on Openness, indicating that you prefer to strike a balance between seeking out novelty and preserving the status quo.
Below average on Agreeableness, indicating that you are often seen as critical, tough and domineering in social situations.
High on Conscientiousness, indicating that you are focused when it comes to goals and deadlines and like to complete your goals and tasks before starting new ones.
Average on Neuroticism, indicating that you respond adequately to changes in your environment and feel some measure of stress under pressure without letting it get to you.

More likely to favor military intervention as a means of solving foreign policy problems.
Less likely to think that international cooperation will solve foreign policy problems.
More likely to take responsibility and to take an active interest in your community.
More likely to be patriotic and proud of your country.
More likely to enjoy romantic fiction than the rest of the population.
More likely to frequently change jobs and partners.
More likely to end up in jail or to get in trouble with the law.
More likely to generally disagree with your immediate friends and family.
More likely to stand your ground and push back against people who are hostile to you, or with whom you are in disagreement.
More likely to support the use of capital punishment.
Less likely to take a favorable view of government welfare programs.

Amazingly, your personality is simply too smooth and well-rounded for Dr. Neiman's study to be able to say anything about you.

----------------

Well I'm not to sure about the Jeffery J. Mondak part; I'm a strict non interventionist -- I don't even think we should have A-bombed Japan, I've been against nationalism since as long as I can remember, smoking doesn't bother me, outside of very serious crimes I don't think anyone should be in jail, I most certainly don't change partners often, and I'm always against capital punishment.

I find it interesting that "More likely to favor harsh criminal punishments over milder ones" and "More likely to end up in jail or to get in trouble with the law" were in the same section.

Archy said:
I find it interesting that "More likely to favor harsh criminal punishments over milder ones" and "More likely to end up in jail or to get in trouble with the law" were in the same section.

Well, not that it should necessarily apply to you, but it makes sense for groups like the Nazi brown shits, Fascist black shirts or some of the similar movements seen nowadays in Europe or some parts of Latin America, being riotous but also demanding heavy-handed policies.