Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
darknation

50 shades

MajorRawne said:

Am I still all right to think of myself as a man, or is my masculine identity oppressing someone?

If you are a white, right-handed, college educated, straight, cis-gendered male, you are personally responsible for every form of oppression throughout history on the entire planet, and you should be ashamed of being born that way.

Fortunately, you can still try to get minority status by claiming to be an otherkin with headmates. It is your only possible form of Tumblredemption.

1. I don't have Facebook
2. I don't care if people want to be categorized as being in one of 50/100/1,000,000 categories, it's their problem

Gez said:

If you are a white, right-handed, college educated, straight, cis-gendered male, you are personally responsible for every form of oppression throughout history on the entire planet, and you should be ashamed of being born that way.

Shit.

Gez said:

That's pretty much what they told me in sociology class.

No lie, toward the end of the class, the professor said, "it doesn't matter what you are, as long as you all believe in god, in some way." Which was pretty bizarre for a class about tolerance, and further proves to me that its true that atheists are the world's most mistrusted minority.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/religion/story/2011-12-10/religion-atheism/51777612/1

Gez said:

Fuck no, I'm gonna be fuckin' proud of my heritage. Granted, I'm fairly ambidextrous, so I might be right outside of this zone. SHEE-IT!

Gez said:

Fortunately, you can still try to get minority status by claiming to be an otherkin with headmates. It is your only possible form of Tumblredemption.

I'm not white, I'm Irish :D

Gez said:

If you are a white, right-handed, college educated, straight, cis-gendered male, you are personally responsible for every form of oppression throughout history on the entire planet...

Good.

Gez said:

...and you should be ashamed of being born that way.

Never.

Really though, it's all complete and utter shite. 50 choices? No. Two, and you're either one or the other. Deal with it.

scalliano said:

I'm not white, I'm Irish :D

I'm not white either, I'm sunburnt - and a southpaw (another oppressed minority group)! ;)

GreyGhost said:

I'm not white either, I'm sunburnt - and a southpaw (another oppressed minority group)! ;)

Whoo, Australian Southpaws unite!

yukib1t said:

Basically, not transgender.

I've seen so many SJW get the definition wrong and assume cis means heterosexual. Even though sexuality has nothing to do with it.

Dragonsbrethren said:

I have no idea what "cis-gendered" means and I'm proud of my ignorance.

cisgendered is to transexual as neurotypical is to autism. That clear things up?

darknation said:

cisgendered is to transexual as neurotypical is to autism. That clear things up?

Holy fuck no it did not. I'm worse off at understanding this than before

I just tried to fix the gender section of my profile, and all it had was "Male", "Female", and "Custom". When are the changes planned to be implemented? Furthermore, why add fifty check boxes when I can already input whatever I want?

Coopersville said:

I just tried to fix the gender section of my profile, and all it had was "Male", "Female", and "Custom". When are the changes planned to be implemented? Furthermore, why add fifty check boxes when I can already input whatever I want?

They aren't. As I alluded to previously, they aren't adding 50 checkboxes. It's a textbox that, as you type, suggests up to 50 pre-defined tags. You can use them, or whatever you want. Sorta like when you start typing in your religious or political preference and they offer suggestions.

The tags are probably there in hopes that people will use them, thereby making stats and data mining easier.

yukib1t said:

thereby making stats and data mining easier.

The real motive behind this "look at how progressive we are" thing.

GreyGhost said:

I'd be so easy for them to use global search-n-replace and change that to "Zucker's Bitch".

And then they'd have a major PR problem on their hands.

Blame Anonymous, Islamist hackers and/or disgruntled former employees for the debacle - problem solved.

In the Star Trek Enterprise episode "Cogenitor", there's an alien species with a third gender. I think the males and females both need to shag it for someone to have a baby. I'm not one of those sad bastards who watches Star Trek to get the horn on (if anyone actually does), but I admit the episode would have been more interesting if there'd been a three-way shafting at the end, rather than Commander Tucker teaching the cogenitor to read.

Where's the 'formerly trans,' 'smizmar' or 'neither?'