Doom monster
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > Idiot college girl's FB 'Tweet' costs her 69 year old dad $80,000

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 06:45. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
geo
Forum Staple

http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/-8...-164326139.html

http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/02/...oast-costs.html

The FB post:
Gulliver is now officially paying for my vacation to Europe this summer. SUCK IT.

That's what cost her dad $80,000. Now for some back story. 2 - 3 years ago this girl's elderly dad won an age discrimination lawsuit for not having his contract renewed by Gulliver Prep School. Catch is no one could talk about the case and she did.

Discuss.

Old Post 03-01-14 12:57 #
geo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
scalliano
This door is opened elsewhere...

In my administration, gag orders would be illegal.

As would social networking sites. People need to be protected from themselves, each other and employer discrimination against those who choose not to participate in such nonsense.

Joking aside, I lol'd. Chances are that girl isn't going anywhere this summer, including past the front door.

Old Post 03-01-14 14:05 #
scalliano is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Da Werecat

Very appropriate photo.

Old Post 03-01-14 14:11 #
Da Werecat is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Maes
I like big butts!

Now that I know that geo is reading the Miami Herald, I can't help but imagining him as some sort of surfer dude.

Old Post 03-01-14 14:32 #
Maes is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Oh, they lost compensations. It's not the same thing as having to pay 80 grands.

Old Post 03-01-14 14:45 #
Gez is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
geo
Forum Staple

Ha hardly. I'm a Chicagoan that loves cold and I hate the heat. The only water I go into is chlorinated at water parks.

The herald was linked on the yahoo news.

Old Post 03-01-14 14:46 #
geo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
geo
Forum Staple

Gez said:
Oh, they lost compensations. It's not the same thing as having to pay 80 grands.

Guess you're right. It wasn't their money yet.

Old Post 03-01-14 14:48 #
Hellbent
Forum Bellend

geo said:
Ha hardly. I'm a Chicagoan that loves cold and I hate the heat. The only water I go into is chlorinated at water parks.

The herald was linked on the yahoo news.

So I guess you're loving this winter, eh?

What I want to know is what Starbucks is she now working at. Tee hee.

Snay’s daughter, Dana, now at Boston College and a part-time Starbucks barista, couldn’t resist bragging about the case on Facebook. “Mama and Papa Snay won the case against Gulliver,” she wrote. “Gulliver is now officially paying for my vacation to Europe this summer. SUCK IT.”

Old Post 03-01-14 16:42 #
Hellbent is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Clonehunter
Forum Staple

I feel bad for the Dad... That he such a twat daughter.

Old Post 03-01-14 18:21 #
Clonehunter is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
MajorRawne

I can empathise with the father. My lottery syndicate at work would have won £20 on the Euromillions, but the person who normally plays those numbers didn't pay so we didn't buy the ticket.

That's nearly £3 each we were fucked out of.

Old Post 03-01-14 18:42 #
MajorRawne is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Glaice
formerly Mr. Chris

She could have worded it like this instead:

"There is good news involving myself, but I can't talk about it publicly"

Stupid American girl.

Old Post 03-01-14 18:55 #
Glaice is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
geo
Forum Staple

Hellbent said:
So I guess you're loving this winter, eh?

What I want to know is what Starbucks is she now working at. Tee hee.

Not Dumb Starbucks.

I wrote about this winter, but that would totally derail the conversation, so I just deleted what I put.

Old Post 03-01-14 18:58 #
Coopersville
Get Psyched!

Screwing over old people is always funny.

Old Post 03-01-14 21:45 #
Coopersville is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
MajorRawne

Coopersville said:
Screwing over old people is always funny.

Then you'll find British politics worth following.

Old Post 03-01-14 22:37 #
MajorRawne is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Waffenak
Forum Regular

facepalmed hard, I wonder what she is studying as her major. Her dad must be very proud now.

Old Post 03-02-14 06:36 #
Waffenak is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
geo
Forum Staple

She got an A+ in her cuntery course.

Old Post 03-02-14 11:49 #
Superluigieth1

Old Post 03-03-14 05:16 #
Superluigieth1 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
walter confalonieri

#YOLOSWAG

What a douche...

Old Post 03-05-14 01:01 #
walter confalonieri is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Patrol1985

Too bad it was her dad who really got punished. Seriously... how dumb can people be?

Old Post 03-05-14 08:06 #
Patrol1985 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TimeOfDeath
Forum Regular

article said:
According to depositions obtained by the Miami Herald, Snay argued that he needed to share the news with his daughter because she suffered “psychological scars” from her time at the school and besides, she knew her parents were in mediation. “We knew what the restrictions were, yet we needed to tell her something,” he said.

Sounds like he didn't tell his daughter about the gag order and maybe he already broke the rules by telling her something about the case. I didn't think a college girl would be that stupid, unless she was mad at her dad or something.

Old Post 03-05-14 19:13 #
TimeOfDeath is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote