Demon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > Amulets and Armor updates!

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 04:07. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
el zee
killer without a cause

There have been some Amulets and Armor updates recently.

www.amuletsandarmor.com < the new AA website.

The original coder, Lysle Shields has released the full version of AA and updated it to run on windows. As well as released a special version of Doom Builder 2 to allow AA level creation.
The first user created quest was just released and is pretty neat.

Amulets and Armor is one of my favourite games. It's not a very well known game, as it suffered from poor marketing at release. It's a really cool RPG game which uses the doom map format - but a different engine.
Since now there's a version of DB2 for AA that is pretty straightforward to use, I hope that some of you guys give it a go :)

Old Post 03-05-14 12:39 #
el zee is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Oh neat: GitHub repository of A&A's source code!

Old Post 03-05-14 13:11 #
Gez is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
fraggle
Filled with the code of Doom

Great to see it's been open sourced, though I was never a fan of it myself.

Old Post 03-05-14 15:48 #
fraggle is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Quasar

Very clean looking code - consistently formatted, heavily documented, strong use of assertions and debug logging capabilities, good organization into small modules. Blows most other commercial game engine code away. Definitely deserves some attention.

Old Post 03-05-14 17:41 #
Quasar is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote