Doom Comic
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > Need an assist with my main page

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 14:47. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Brad_tilf
Redemption! Bath in its pure Light!

As I have stated on many occasions - I am no web designer. And my main page shows that (glaringly). I need help with it. Anyone willing to donate a bit of time to cleaning it up so it displays properly or coming up with a cleaner design altogether?

Old Post 03-08-14 21:15 #
Brad_tilf is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Nomad
Not dumb enough to get a custom title

http://www.abyssia.com you mean like this?

Old Post 03-08-14 21:36 #
Nomad is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Brad_tilf

Nomad said:

No. I like the site colors. I'd just like to reorganize and clean up, if you will. The way it looks now is barely ok. I'm not looking to modern it up or anything - although that might not be a bad idea. I'd just like to clean it up though and make everything display correctly - for instance - the site news REFUSES to get in to the middle of the screen and I have no idea why - because I don't know code well enough to figure it out.

Old Post 03-08-14 21:43 #
Brad_tilf is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Nomad
Not dumb enough to get a custom title

Sorry, my post was a joke. Shameless plug for my intentionally shitty 90's geocities-esq page.

Are you talking about the doomwadstation site? I'm surprised half of the markup even works anymore, considering that a lot of the old HTML tags have been phased out since the original page was designed.

I'd have to put some serious detective skills to the test to determine the problem you have with the news, but frankly the whole page would be better off just being completely redone. I'd offer but I can't make any promises on time and availability to do it; both are limited commodities for myself these days. :(

Old Post 03-08-14 21:55 #
Nomad is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Aliotroph?
postCount++

Nomad said:

I don't know what offended me more: Firefox not using BASSMIDI or the n00bishness of the animation in the "under construction" gif.

Old Post 03-08-14 21:55 #
Aliotroph? is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Nomad said:
Sorry, my post was a joke. Shameless plug for my intentionally shitty 90's geocities-esq page.

Your "best viewed with" needs to recommend 16-bit colors and a resolution like 800x600.

Old Post 03-08-14 22:17 #
Gez is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Brad_tilf

Nomad said:

Are you talking about the doomwadstation site? I'm surprised half of the markup even works anymore, considering that a lot of the old HTML tags have been phased out since the original page was designed.

I'd have to put some serious detective skills to the test to determine the problem you have with the news, but frankly the whole page would be better off just being completely redone. I'd offer but I can't make any promises on time and availability to do it; both are limited commodities for myself these days. :(

I changed it myself. It fits the rest of the site and is a bit cleaner to look at - easier to navigate. Not perfect, but better

Old Post 03-08-14 22:53 #