Icon of Sin / Baphomet
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > Is there a "Duke Nukem: Total Meltdown" mod anywhere?

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 03:25. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
mrthejoshmon

Duke Nukem 3D was ported to the Sony Playstation under the title "Duke Nukem: Total Meltdown".

This version also came with extras like a different episode to "The Birth" (E4) called "Plug And Pray" as well as some kick ass music, new stats screens...

Basically a lot of things were different (But not as different as Duke Nukem 64)...

Anyway, I was wondering if there was a mod or TC out there for either Doom or Duke Nukem 3D that turns the game into "Total Meltdown", I have searched all over and found nothing but ROMs for the PSX port, forum posts that seem to get me no where (probably like this one)/post that turn into arguments some how, dead links and even crappy monotone lets play videos.

(And as much as I want to emulate the game, it seems even doing it straight from the disk results in no wall textures being loaded which is also oddly enough what happens when I try to emulate my PSX Doom disks, but that is off topic).

Old Post 03-09-14 00:21 #
mrthejoshmon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Avoozl

I'm not aware of a mod based on the PSX version of DN3D but there is a mod for Duke64 which runs on EDuke32.

Old Post 03-09-14 00:25 #
Avoozl is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Technician
Still no custom title

Avoozl said:
but there is a mod for Duke64 which runs on EDuke32.
OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOD!

Old Post 03-09-14 00:29 #
Technician is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
mrthejoshmon

Avoozl said:
...but there is a mod for Duke64 which runs on EDuke32.
Unfortunately, I don't really care for the more heavily censored N64 version...

...Because I already completed that mod.

Old Post 03-09-14 00:34 #
mrthejoshmon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
HWGuy

The guy who made the DN64 mod is working on a light version of Plug 'n Pray. No idea when it'll happen.

http://forums.duke4.net/topic/7109-...-meltdown-lite/

Old Post 03-09-14 00:37 #
HWGuy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Technician
Still no custom title

mrthejoshmon said:
Unfortunately, I don't really care for the more heavily censored N64 version...

I think Duke 64 is superior in many ways.

Old Post 03-09-14 00:41 #
Technician is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
mrthejoshmon

HWGuy said:
The guy who made the DN64 mod is working on a light version of Plug 'n Pray. No idea when it'll happen.

Well from what I have seen that may be all we are getting from Total Meltdown.

Technician said:
I think Duke 64 is superior in many ways.

Well:

mrthejoshmon said:

Old Post 03-09-14 00:48 #
buttspit

HWGuy said:

Shit, how did I not see that before, best thing to happen this year.

Old Post 03-09-14 01:48 #
buttspit is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Piper Maru

I love the music in the psx version of Duke Nukem 3d.

Old Post 03-09-14 04:14 #
Piper Maru is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
mrthejoshmon

Piper Maru said:
I love the music in the psx version of Duke Nukem 3d.
I have all the game music downloaded, I was going to put it into a .wad and distribute it via my Youtube but I thought doing that was warez (is it?) so I didn't go through with it.

Old Post 03-09-14 04:33 #
Piper Maru

mrthejoshmon said:
I have all the game music downloaded, I was going to put it into a .wad and distribute it via my Youtube but I thought doing that was warez (is it?) so I didn't go through with it.

I love this remix of Mellow Chello.

Old Post 03-09-14 05:10 #
Piper Maru is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Avoozl

To be honest I never really saw the point in the sexual themes in the game, I don't play FPS games for that reason and I pretty much enjoyed the larger range of weapons in Duke Nukem 64.

Old Post 03-09-14 05:25 #
Avoozl is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote