Baron of Hell
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > He's gonna smell like hot dogs!
Pages (2): « 1 [2]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 05:30. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Lt
Administrator

dsm said:
A war is the closest thing you can ever get to a "Hell on Earth" - humans become the wild animals they originally were, deeds that are abhorred in a society at peace become legal (murdering).
No, wars are quite organized and strategized, not just everybody running around killing everything.

Old Post 05-03-02 00:19 #
Lt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
fodders
OWNS YOU

Lt said:
No, wars are quite organized and strategized, not just everybody running around killing everything.
depends if yanks are involved :)

You are my opponent, but not my enemy, for your resistance gives me strength. Your will gives me courage. Your spirit ennobles me. And, although I aim to defeat you, should I succeed, I will not humiliate you, instead I will honour you..For without you, I am a lesser man.

Old Post 05-03-02 03:50 #
fodders is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
lmnt
BAND

IMJack said:

So there was one guy executed who they later found was innocent. Sometimes, bad things happen to good people. It's a fact of reality. No system can be perfect. And the system did take steps to rectify things with the man's family.

Yeah, it looks nice from this lawyer position of yours. Now think what will happen if YOU are injustly sentenced to execution?

Old Post 05-03-02 08:22 #
lmnt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
lmnt
BAND

IMJack said:

IMHO, the most honest form of execution still practiced is the firing squad (even if they still try to alleviate the gunmen's guilt), and I believe Utah is the only state to still use it.

If the firing squad people don't feel guilty, they are profoundly fucked up.

Old Post 05-03-02 08:25 #
lmnt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
IMJack
Web Radio Geek

Lament said:
Yeah, it looks nice from this lawyer position of yours. Now think what will happen if YOU are injustly sentenced to execution?
I'd fight it with everything I've got. Failing that, I'd go down with my head held high, as much as the head strap on the table will allow. :).

If the firing squad people don't feel guilty, they are profoundly fucked up.
That's why Utah only uses card-carrying NRA members to do their firing squad executions. They're already profoundly fucked up. :)

Old Post 05-03-02 09:00 #
IMJack is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
dsm
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Lt said:

That they're organized is beside the point, it doesn't stop the soldiers from being slightly fucked up in their mind. I don't know how you interpret it, but I know that it's still kinda un-civilized to shoot/mutilate other people.
I'm fucking talking about the soldiers (and victims of war) as individuals - I'm not talking about the war from the desk generals' point of view.
And order doesn't prevent a war from being a gruesome experience.

Old Post 05-03-02 11:07 #
dsm is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote