Mancubus
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > Summer Time
Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 23:06. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
nxn
meephead

I just came to realize it's May 1st. Meaning one more month, than a little of June and school is over for many of us. Anyone have any special plans for the summer of 2002? I have a choice between visitin my sister in poland and relaxing through the whole summer. Or working my ass off so I can afford a car and a pc that is capable of running the new doom to it's fullest.

Old Post 05-01-02 21:10 #
nxn is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
IMJack
Web Radio Geek

My school term ends next week. Actually, today I'm taking two of my finals, tomorrow morning is the third one, and the last one is next Tuesday. The week after that, I'm driving back home with my dad. I'll be back in SLC in time for my 20th b-day.

My boss at my old job got transferred to a different store, and the new guy isn't giving me the chance to move to a different spot in the store. So I've got to hustle a new job once I get into town. The savings I had going into college are starting to run low. I'm gonna try to get some kind of programing job, or failing that, get a job at Fred Meyer's or something. My dad wants me to get a job at his cousin's advertising firm, but they probably have no need for a programmer, and HTML monkeys are a dime a dozen anymore.

I also have some three or four projects I've been putting off for the last two years, that I should seriously start working on.

Old Post 05-01-02 21:52 #
IMJack is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Kid Airbag
Not really a kid. Not really an airbag. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!? Who's asking? Are you French? An airbag is a safety device in a car that inflates during a collision and blocks you from smashing your head into the dashboard or steering wheel!

Dammit, a month and a half left of school...too damn much...

I have way too many places to go this summer -- a week at the Jersey shore, a week at camp, two weeks in Minnesota, and a week in cross country training at Deep Creek, Maryland. Bleh.

On the bright side, I turn 16 on Sept. 4, meaning I can get my permit =)

Old Post 05-01-02 21:53 #
Kid Airbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Spike
Team Future has a new Giger-esque in the works

And this summer we get to... do exactly the same shit we do every season. Sometimes i almost miss school.
Almost...

Old Post 05-01-02 21:58 #
Spike is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Lüt
Administrator

Become an alcoholic.

Old Post 05-01-02 22:16 #
Lüt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Erik

Lüt said:
Become an alcoholic.

ditto

Old Post 05-01-02 22:24 #
Erik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
dsm
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Heh, my school term doesn't end until June - [sarcasm]I've got lots of exams to look forward to, yay![/sarcasm]

Old Post 05-01-02 23:02 #
dsm is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Spike

Lut - you provide the weed, i'll bring vodka. lots and lots of vodka.

Old Post 05-01-02 23:21 #
Spike is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
nxn
meephead

Spike said:
Lut - you provide the weed, i'll bring vodka. lots and lots of vodka.

you're asking the wrong person for weed buddy.

Old Post 05-01-02 23:40 #
nxn is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Spike

i haven't been stoned in six months. i haven't been drunk in... oh yeah, last week.
Life's slow when you live in poverty...

Old Post 05-02-02 00:13 #
Darkstalker
Should be mapping

My 2nd session in Cegep finishes in 3 weeks and then it's back to the Biodome working my ass of to buy euh...things ? Yeah , things, I guess... Summer passes so quickly when you do 5-6-7 days working but it's cool cause I'll see my job friends again and we'll go kick people ass in paintball.

Old Post 05-02-02 00:45 #
Darkstalker is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
nxn
meephead

Spike said:
i haven't been stoned in six months.

stop, you'll give me nightmares.

Old Post 05-02-02 01:31 #
Submerge
Dumboy traded my soul for pogs

Heh, maybe this will terrify you.

I've NEVER been stoned.

As for summer, probably work on some doom stuff, post here, and die from heat stroke (optional)

Old Post 05-02-02 17:22 #
Submerge is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
nxn
meephead

Submerge said:
I've NEVER been stoned.

/me sheds a tear for you
If only I had people to sell my weed to, I could transform the 500 I have now to 1000 by the end of the school year, go to poland, come back and still have enough money for a new pc. As for a car I'd steal my mom's 92 piece of shit in which the windows don't even close, unless you push them up with your hands.

Old Post 05-02-02 23:24 #
Danarchy
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!

I'm going to work on getting my driver's liscence.

Old Post 05-03-02 00:35 #
Danarchy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Weedster
Cren/Banned

orion said:
Meaning one more month, than a little of June and school is over for many of us.
HA! YOU DON'T END UNTIL JUNE???? ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!! :P

Then again, we start in August, :(

the_Danarchist: Ditto.

Old Post 05-03-02 01:00 #
Weedster is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Weedster
Cren/Banned

orion said:
you're asking the wrong person for weed buddy.
Yep, he should be asking ME! :P

Old Post 05-03-02 01:02 #
999cop
Constrained Owing to Lot

http://www.quake3world.com/ubb/icons/icon7.gif grounded as always http://www.quake3world.com/ubb/icons/icon7.gif

Old Post 05-03-02 02:41 #
999cop is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
nxn
meephead

Weedster said:
HA! YOU DON'T END UNTIL JUNE???? ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!! :P
Then again, we start in August, :(

no, no, we don't start till almost november, they're doing construction at our school through the whole summer. They already started, damn assholes make it impossible to concentrate. I mean who wants to know what Y equalls when you can see a dude almost have his head split open by a falling metal pipe?

Old Post 05-03-02 03:02 #
Kid Airbag
Not really a kid. Not really an airbag. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!? Who's asking? Are you French? An airbag is a safety device in a car that inflates during a collision and blocks you from smashing your head into the dashboard or steering wheel!

the_Danarchist said:
I'm going to work on getting my driver's liscence.
WTF, aren't you 18 already?

Old Post 05-03-02 03:32 #
Kid Airbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Kid Airbag

orion said:

no, no, we don't start till almost november, they're doing construction at our school through the whole summer. They already started, damn assholes make it impossible to concentrate. I mean who wants to know what Y equalls when you can see a dude almost have his head split open by a falling metal pipe?

Heh, try going to school across the street from a national armory every day for ten years. We'd have to pause our recess every day while some gigantic behemoth of a tank took twenty minutes to rumble down the street. Not to mention the noxious fumes from all the gas they had stored in there, plus the 400 or so times they painted the place...

Old Post 05-03-02 03:33 #
Weedster
Cren/Banned

999cop said:
http://www.quake3world.com/ubb/icons/icon7.gif grounded as always http://www.quake3world.com/ubb/icons/icon7.gif
Pffft....even the few times I HAVE been grounded (not to sound like a goody goody), I never followed what they said. I'm good with that stuff ;)

Old Post 05-03-02 04:08 #
fodders
OWNS YOU

Trip to Trinidad I think

You are my opponent, but not my enemy, for your resistance gives me strength. Your will gives me courage. Your spirit ennobles me. And, although I aim to defeat you, should I succeed, I will not humiliate you, instead I will honour you..For without you, I am a lesser man.

Old Post 05-03-02 04:58 #
fodders is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

It's Winter you crazy freaks.

I'll be doing exactly what I'm doing right now. Sans Millennium.

Old Post 05-03-02 05:06 #
Zaldron is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
nxn
meephead

Archvile64 said:
Heh, try going to school across the street from a national armory every day for ten years. We'd have to pause our recess every day while some gigantic behemoth of a tank took twenty minutes to rumble down the street. Not to mention the noxious fumes from all the gas they had stored in there, plus the 400 or so times they painted the place...

man I don't know what you're talking about, I'd love to see a tank going by my school? and recess? we stopped having those in 5th grade. We just have lunch now.

Old Post 05-03-02 05:34 #
Danarchy
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!

Archvile64 said:
WTF, aren't you 18 already?

Yes. Now shut the Hell up.

Old Post 05-03-02 07:41 #
Danarchy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Submerge
Dumboy traded my soul for pogs

orion said:

Man, My school is under construction as well. We had a nice little courtyard, but it's been torn up and it looks like A swamp now. What state do you live in orion? apparently my school is getting a complete remodeling, and fresh paint. Maroon and Gray (gags)

Old Post 05-03-02 20:20 #
Submerge is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Kid Airbag

orion said:

man I don't know what you're talking about, I'd love to see a tank going by my school? and recess? we stopped having those in 5th grade. We just have lunch now.

Yeah, but it got old after a while...and the fumes...ugh...plus the army guys were total assholes :P

And I went to the same school for ten years, so we had recess every day unless it was bad weather. Now we just have lunch.

Old Post 05-03-02 20:40 #
Kid Airbag

Zaldron said:
It's Winter you crazy freaks.
Maybe for you it is, you Argentinian frad :P

Old Post 05-03-02 20:42 #
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

Archvile64 said:
Maybe for you it is, you Argentinian frad :P

Ok, we need to know wich half of the earth has more mass. That way we can officially tell if it's Summer or Winter.

Old Post 05-03-02 21:34 #
Zaldron is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote