Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linkrulezall

People who torrent 40 movies a night

Johnatone said:

the days of downloading torrents like there's no tomorrow or trying to defend the practice as "no big deal" are long behind me.

Exactly this. I fucked up at least 3 computers because I couldn't stop myself from downloading everything that had a link, which was literally anything. For example, I still have like 15,000-20,000 songs I downloaded from bitTorrent, which I'll probably never listen to. But I have them, so everything is cool, right?

Technician said:

When was Dark stalking children? I don't believe that's ever come up.

By definition, anyone who is under 18 years old, is a child.

Zed said:

I still have like 15,000-20,000 songs I downloaded from bitTorrent, which I'll probably never listen to. But I have them, so everything is cool, right?

I've had a similar attitude towards downloading WADs and ROMs. Despite not having enough time or motivation to fully indulge or complete all of them at least I can reassure myself that I will save myself from boredom during retirement or during a catastrophy when the Internet becomes offline or something.

@Kristus @Technician and @anyone else: If I hadn't been able to move on then the "pedo" label would've been valid until the date of June 5, 2013, because that was the day when the British celebrity officially became an adult. However, since I was able to move on much sooner than that, that dreaded label expired much sooner than that. Case closed. Let's not derail this thread anymore, for the sake of the community.

What about those that torrent 39 movies a night?

188DarkRevived said:

for the sake of the community.

Behind these screens of anonymous-ity, there's a world of unnamed space marines worse than the worst Losered users in all of history and mankind. No souls to lose to the awfulness of the world of awfulness.

188DarkRevived said:

Let's not derail this thread anymore, for the sake of the community.

I think the community can handle it. I think you're more concerned for your own sake, rather than "the community".

Maes said:

Like I said before, torrenting 39 movies is perfectly fine.;-)

Maes said:

According to some dictators on here, discussing this might be considered "off-topic" since it deviates from the original sentence in the title.
According to me, all downloaders have the right to set their own standards and boundaries.

kristus said:

I think the community can handle it. I think you're more concerned for your own sake, rather than "the community".

As long as the people can read and accumulate data to formulate a clear whole picture instead of redundantly making the same accusations based on a small and blurry fragment, I can handle whatever you guys can throw at me.

It's still has to do with torrenting movies, and it still has to do with torrenting at night, so I don't really see how this is derailing the topic.

I've found that it is hard to simply derail a topic on Doomworld. Like, in a topic about Oranges and you just jump in with a random post about Putin like: "Putin is a bald masochist that sucks my dick for a dollar", most people will outright ignore you or follow up with a "wut".

However, if you slowly start to talk about Oranges and their influences in the modern world, and slowly talk about Oranges in the Godfather, which is in Italy which is near Russia, and talk about cultural significance of Oranges, it's possible to talk about Oranges in Russia. Once Oranges in Russia have been discussed, Putin may fall into place, such as whether or not he has any kind of preference towards Oranges.

At this point, poor political satire may be involved, such as "I like Oranges a lot too, but I don't know about the cultural significance of Oranges in Russia. However, Putin is doing some terrible stuff in Russia right now, imo. Odds are he's hurting Orange production rates in Russia, if not the Ukraine now. With all his shit right now, Putin may as well be sucking my dick for an Orange if he doesn't want to tank his country. But fuck it, he probably does at the expense of his favorite fruit."

Now the thread can be derailed into Putin sucking dicks. Or whether or not Oranges are his favorite fruit.

Doominator2 said:

It's still has to do with torrenting movies, and it still has to do with torrenting at night, so I don't really see how this is derailing the topic.

Well, some people can make a big fuss when a number/quantity changes, while others just don't give a damn.
Some people like to create a problem when it's not even there, just because they're bored. What can we do?

And likewise, I didn't see how the goat simulator thread has been derailed, especially since some of the other simulators that have been posted in there featured similar interfaces with similar styles of gameplay.
There was potential for discussing how Sonic Riders compares to the goat simulator, but someone was either too ignorant or too blind to see it.

So anyways, anyone torrenting a goat simulator lately? :p

Zed said:

I fucked up at least 3 computers because I couldn't stop myself from downloading everything that had a link, which was literally anything.

Even executables? Even those "free smiley" banner ads? I don't mean to condescend, but why weren't you more cautious?

188DarkRevived said:

So anyways, anyone torrenting a goat simulator lately? :p

I'm not a lapdog for corporations, but sometimes piracy really is wrong. Torrent a major AAA game backed by a gigantic publisher? I don't care. Torrent something where the original devs aren't seeing a cent even if you do buy it legit? Sure. But torrent an indie game from a small developer? It really does hurt the little guy. Throw them a bone if you will.

Sodaholic said:

Even executables? Even those "free smiley" banner ads?

Well, I was exaggerating a little. While I did screw 3 PC's, I didn't really downloaded everything, but if I was, for example, searching for The Beatles - The White Album, I downloaded almost every zip/mp3/etc. file with that name or something similar, mainly for a couple of reasons: I was aware that some of the content I could get would be incomplete, fucked up, or something, so I always downloaded a couple of extra copies, just in case 2 or 3 of them didn't work. That, and also because I knew (or at least I thought I knew) some of those files were going to contain "some extra stuff", like maybe including a scan of the cover, for example.

Sodaholic said:

I don't mean to condescend, but why weren't you more cautious?

Heh, don't worry. You are right, now that I look back at my actions, they were really stupid.

It was a long time ago, I didn't have a stable job (no $), so you can imagine all that torrent/P2P stuff was like a paradise. Besides, having easy access to several computers, I didn't really gave a shit at the time.

Maes said:

They're obviously not movie fans, the MPAA has reserved a corner of Hell especially for them.