Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Memfis

how the ignore function could be improved

so by your own admission you are missing half the content of our own thread. y'know, certain trolls might pick up on the stilted, willfully ignorant nature of your participation here and troll harder, faster and stronger because of it.

Some people really don't do themselves any favors. Maybe I should start up a Doomworld Reader's Digest, presenting just the salient facts, condensing TL;DR and removing any herp derp or offensiveness.

Might be fun, actually.

mrthejoshmon said:

Why is "God" on my ignore list permanently?

Divine intervention? You're probably on his ignore list as well. ;)

I heard of a Firefox plugin that did just what you asked, Memfis. That was about 5 years ago though and it was already on an outdated version of the browser then, so no specifics, but perhaps you might have some luck exploring this route.

You'd still see quotes in other people's posts, wouldn't you? Maybe you could teach your parser to ignore the quotes or the entire reply posts as well, but then things would stop making sense very, very fast.

I actually know someone who applied the stuff to a monitor, to blank out bits of a data entry form template they considered superfluous. :D