Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
baronofheck82

Ultimate Warrior dead at 54

This sucks. Ultimate Warrior was one of my favorite wrestlers ever, I can't imagine the grief his family and friends are going through. And he was just recently inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame, or whatever it's called.

More evidence for my argument against Dylan persuing a career in proffesional wrestling. They seem to have short life spans.

I don't mean to be that guy, but as sad as it is, I can't get over the fact that he was a raging bigot. I dunno, maybe I should just be like, "Well, it's part of the wrestling culture," or something like that and get over it, but that did always bother me. Doesn't mean I would've wanted him dead or anything like that, though, and it certainly is sad to hear that he's gone regardless.

His character was certainly distinct. Too bad.

geekmarine said:

I don't mean to be that guy, but as sad as it is, I can't get over the fact that he was a raging bigot. I dunno, maybe I should just be like, "Well, it's part of the wrestling culture," or something like that and get over it, but that did always bother me. Doesn't mean I would've wanted him dead or anything like that, though, and it certainly is sad to hear that he's gone regardless.

Boy, I sure hope he managed to check his privilege before karmatic-induced death took upon him. Let's all burn our childhood WWF merchandise in solidarity.

#PissOnWarrior

MW30 was horrible, and now this. Super sad.

geekmarine said:

I don't mean to be that guy, but as sad as it is, I can't get over the fact that he was a raging bigot.

Kind of hard to call someone a bigot when he was almost right all the time.

Well this really sucks. Can't help but point out the bad timing. Just he made an appearance on Monday night's RAW show and inducted into the HOF a bit prior. Brought back into the WWE after a long time, so he seems to had officially been on good terms with the company.

As purist pointed out, there is a higher-than-necessary incidence of early death with these wrestlers. Being on the road most of the year especially adds to the stress and difficulty.

The Wrestler immediately came to mind....it also offers a more plausible explanation of why these guys tend to burn the candle at both ends.

I don't think "it's just their culture" works as an argument if said cultural property is anything but a harmless quirk. "Why do those people wear their shirts inside out?" "It's just their culture" is fine, while "Why do those people stone women to death accused of being raped?" "It's just their culture" is not okay.

Coopersville said:

Kind of hard to call someone a bigot when he was almost right all the time.

Even if by some bizarre chance there was an entire generation of humans that were homosexual, it would not stop the human race, as he claimed it would. You don't have to fuck to make kids, sperm banks would do the job just fine. Even if sperm banks didn't exist, people would probably do heterosexual sex regardless to keep the human race alive. I doubt slight, or even extreme mental discomfort would prevent people doing things out of necessity. Maybe there'd be less people willing, and the population would decrease, but not go extinct. Besides, planet's past full anyway, a few less kids being brought into the world would be a good thing.

He was a bigot.

Maes said:

The Wrestler immediately came to mind....it also offers a more plausible explanation of why these guys tend to burn the candle at both ends.

Yeah I wonder, it's the first thing I think of but steroid users can go on to live to an old age. Heart disease tends to strike around the 40s-50s so it can be unrelated.

In Warrior's case it seemed to run in the family. His dad died at about 58, so did his grandfather. So I guess he got them both beat.

It's just really eerie that he's fighting with WWE and most of its (current and former) wrestlers for decades, then, soon after striking a deal with WWE for his appearance in the game WWE 2K14 and advertising, appears in the Hall of Fame on Saturday, shows up at WrestleMania 30 on Sunday, has a speech on RAW on Monday, and is dead on Tuesday.

He apparently made peace with most of wrestlers with whom he was at odds, such as HHH and Jake "the Snake" Roberts. I doubt whether Hulk Hogan is in that list, though.