Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Canofbacon

Where did you get your avatar?

Did you make it yourself? Did you get it off a web site? What's a good place to visit to get avatars that you can use on Doomworld? My avatar is just off Google images. I also use the image in a lot of my WADs.

A guy on NeoGAF named Neoriceisgood had made several avatars of well-known anime characters, which several members of the board had used - a significant enough portion that his work was pretty visible. He then proclaims he's gonna do one for every character and assist trophy in Super Smash Bros. 4 - and people started calling dibs, so I called dibs on Sonic. Didn't expect him to be announced as early as he was, but he was - and I've been using it ever since.

Here's most of his work so far: Characters, Assist Trophies (as well as Knuckle Joe, the Devil and Lynn), Items

I made the Shreck cat logo myself from a Batman Returns screenshot, then I made it really small, made it look hard and pixelly, and recently added fish fins on it.

Mine is a picture of Gooseman from the House of Squid/Greasy Moose comics/animations. I can't find the particular comic I took this from, but I went and did a colorized pixel-art version of it

This is the full, original version that I made. I later removed the "heh" and "you're under arrest!" stuff and cropped it a bit.

Mine is made from the mugshot of Doomguy from the Vic 20 port. Just took a screenie from WinViCE, cut it out and then added the border... :)

I've made mine myself. Well, partially. I've took screenshots of a Google SketchUp model (made by somebody else) and turned them into Doom sprites of an appropriate size, them created a .gif. My only ever .gif.

By the way, it's a spinning R2-D2, in case that somebody doesn't recognize it. ;)

Q3A, then fishified it, but I'm guessing most people here would know that without an explanation.

Mine is a Shock Trooper from Half-Life: Opposing Forces (With use of the notarget cheat I was able to get a shot of one looking as though he is reading the text next to him)

(Unfortunately I lost the original)

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Sam Fisher from some SCCT promo image

Wills made the original version of my avatar on the ZDoom forums after deciding my attempt at MSPainting it was crap. I added a border to it, then made a smaller version for Doomworld. Now Doomworld has bigger avatars and my last "Phish" avatar was a cop out, so now you have a Spore fish, which is doubly mine as I made the Spore as well :p

Short answer - text (other than the "i") is mostly Wills from 5-6 years ago, rest is me and Paint.

Taken directly from Doom. Someone kindly animated it for me. I quite rudely cannot recall who, but I'm still grateful regardless.

I got my avatar right from this exact website: http://www.avatarist.com/avatars/Games/Sprites/Bill-from-Contra.html

I just googled, "Bill Contra Gif" to find it. Then I had to shrink it to meet the forum size requirements.

The other day I was running in place for an exercise I was doing; the name of the exercise is called butt kicks. It looks exactly like the way bill runs in my avatar. Moreover, I was wearing a sweat band on my head. Therefore there are times during the week when I have to become my avatar.

Canofbacon said:

How did you shrink it?

The page I got it from offered it as an option for the avatar.

But another way to do it, is resize the images in paint. Then go over to site like gifmaker.me, and load the images to create a Gif.

The ouch face is one of the status bar face graphics (STFOUCH*), for when the player is shocked by great pain. During normal play it is seen only rarely, and for a long time the face was considered an almost random occurrence, and rather startling.

When Doom's source code was released, it became apparent that the code that displayed the face was in error. The programmers had used the expression (plyr->health - st_oldhealth > ST_MUCHPAIN) instead of the correct expression (st_oldhealth - plyr->health > ST_MUCHPAIN). The code should have displayed the face whenever a player was subject to 20 hit points of damage or more during a single tic. As it is, the code only displays the face when the player gains more than 20 hit points whilst sustaining damage - a rare occurrence, most commonly trigged by picking up a large healing item or setting up the IDDQD cheat while being hurt.

There are several ways to see the ouch face. One is to start a level with the player standing on a damaging floor sector, such as in Memento Mori MAP13: The Inmost Dens II. Another way is to receive damage while simultaneously picking up a large health increasing item (such as by being hit by a projectile while picking up a supercharge, or using the iddqd cheat code while on a damaging floor; see the E1M3 demo in shareware Doom v1.666), resulting in a health which is far greater than it was before the series of events took place. Also, in Doom RPG the ouchface is seen when taking damage from behind.

Now take all of that, and reverse it.

A gif of the Spawn Cube from Doom 2, kindly supplied by Enjay: I made a half-assed one on a gif website and it prompted him to post a better one, which is nice. Before that it was FLAT5_6, I believe.

Chopped a Cyberdemon's head and recolored an avatar from Doomworld. To this day I don't know how to make its background transparent.

C30N9 said:

Chopped a Cyberdemon's head and recolored an avatar from Doomworld. To this day I don't know how to make its background transparent.

alpha channel ftw

my previous avatars were from the internet, but i made this one myself combining two images and getting rid of whitespace.