Mancubus
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > New game from Interceptor Entertainment!
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 09:29. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Technician
Still no custom title

FireFish said:
anyways, the game looks decent and if i had the spare money i might have bought it.
How could you possibly know that?!

Old Post 05-16-14 03:47 #
Technician is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
FireFish

The official website and the moddb site have very impressive screenshots. for an unfinished game, these are good to say the least.

look at this :
http://media.moddb.com/images/games...hell_may_02.jpg

the same pictures as on the official website :
http://www.moddb.com/games/bombshell/images

Old Post 05-16-14 04:52 #
FireFish is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
doomgargoyle
stupid and pointless

FireFish said:
The official website and the moddb site have very impressive screenshots. for an unfinished game, these are good to say the least.

look at this :
http://media.moddb.com/images/games...hell_may_02.jpg

the same pictures as on the official website :
http://www.moddb.com/games/bombshell/images

Until they have a working game those shots mean nothing.

Old Post 05-16-14 14:40 #
doomgargoyle is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
RUSH

I just can't take woman characters seriously in action/fighting games... This sucks.

Old Post 05-16-14 15:39 #
RUSH is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

RUSH said:
I just can't take woman characters seriously in action/fighting games... This sucks.

I can't take sexist comments seriously in computer game forums... This sucks.

Bombshell makes just as much sense as Duke.

Old Post 05-16-14 15:55 #
Gez is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
doomgargoyle
stupid and pointless

I wanna see a female protagonist in the next GTA game. That's all.

Old Post 05-16-14 17:01 #
doomgargoyle is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooM_RO

You guys wanna bet they plastered Bombshell over the Duke model after the lawsuit?

Old Post 05-16-14 17:08 #
DooM_RO is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
doomgargoyle
stupid and pointless

DooM_RO said:
You guys wanna bet they plastered Bombshell over the Duke model after the lawsuit?

Probably. But they said the lawsuit is still on going.

Old Post 05-16-14 17:10 #
Technician
Still no custom title

doomgargoyle said:
I wanna see a female protagonist in the next GTA game. That's all.

Old Post 05-16-14 17:23 #
Technician is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
geo
Forum Staple

Here are 2 people being interviewed by ScrewAttack's contest winner for be our next news anchor (long before the contest started)

Old Post 05-16-14 19:37 #
geo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
FireFish

Wow, that preview picture...
I would do anything with the black haired bombshell on the right compared to that man on the left with inflated lips... WOW.

Old Post 05-16-14 19:48 #
FireFish is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
geo
Forum Staple

FireFish said:
Wow, that preview picture...
I would do anything with the black haired bombshell on the right compared to that man on the left with inflated lips... WOW.

Growing up I preferred the girl on the right if she didn't have a metal arm. Now that I'm older, I go for blondes. Sad I know. I'm a sell out. Looking at the video the character in Duke Forever was going to be a blonde bimbo either like Duke, but female or just a stereotype.

I like the mechanical arm for gameplay elements,

Old Post 05-16-14 21:29 #
geo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Technician
Still no custom title

FireFish said:
[chuckles internally]

Old Post 05-16-14 21:43 #
BlueFeena

I couldn't hold a straight face through the release trailer because it looked hilariously lame. Taking an anorexic hooker who's half bald and calling her bombshell doesn't help.

Old Post 05-17-14 03:57 #
BlueFeena is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Technician
Still no custom title

BlueFeena said:
I couldn't hold a straight face through the release trailer because it looked hilariously lame. Taking an anorexic hooker who's half bald and calling her bombshell doesn't help.
She genuinely looks like something from the mid to late nineties. Especially the power arm with the caution stripes.

Old Post 05-17-14 04:14 #
geo
Forum Staple

Technician said:
She genuinely looks like something from the mid to late nineties. Especially the power arm with the caution stripes.

Oh I agree with you both Blue and Tech. I think the game is going for 90s cheese and she does look very video game character. Has there ever been any blonde bombshell game protagonist or are they all non blonde?

This is one of those, 'I'll have to play the game' sort of things.

But I like the idea that you can use guns, grappling hooks from the arm, switch out the arm for a cannon, flame thrower, hand, rockets, chainsaw, use the arm as a turret that you set around. The motorcycle should mean driving and I know how people love that in FPS. Heck look how much people loved Ride to Hell for how awful it is.

The screen shots look like its top down and not FPS. But they're just early screenshots that might want to give away that much.

The sad thing about Interceptor doing this is that Rise of the Triad 2013 didn't have many sales compared to Payday 2 or many other FPS sequels. It had half the sales of the new Shadow Warrior which is still $40.

Last edited by geo on 05-17-14 at 15:09

Old Post 05-17-14 13:23 #
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

geo said:
The motorcycle should mean driving and I know how people love that in FPS. Heck look how much people loved Ride to Hell for how awful it is.

The screen shots look like its top down and not FPS.

It's not an FPS. It's a top-down shooter. (It has even been qualified as isometric by people who have obviously forgotten what "isometric" means.)

Old Post 05-17-14 15:25 #
Gez is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
geX
Forum Regular

Woman or not, this game looks extremely bad. That teaser trailer is one of the worst and most uninteresting teasers I have seen for a game in a long time.

Old Post 05-17-14 16:13 #
geX is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
geo
Forum Staple

Gez said:

It's not an FPS. It's a top-down shooter. (It has even been qualified as isometric by people who have obviously forgotten what "isometric" means.)

Yes it is isometric. If it is anything like X-Com: Enemy Unknown, I'll play it. She can be the commander required to live in every scenario.

Old Post 05-17-14 16:15 #
Doomkid

What's up with all the game trailers that aren't... trailers? They're shitty 3 minute CGI movies that don't tell you dick about the game.

I'm all for playing as a chick but as others have said, this just looks as generic as they come.

Old Post 05-17-14 18:12 #
Doomkid is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooM_RO

Yeah, It's pretty bad.

Old Post 05-17-14 19:41 #
DooM_RO is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Chu
Forum Regular

DooM_RO said:
Yeah, It's pretty bad.

http://cbsradionews.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/lavigne-shaved-head.jpeg

Old Post 05-17-14 21:34 #
Chu is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Sokoro

Flesh420 said:
A woman is to stay in the kitchen, they're not alien ass-kickers .... duh.

Shake it baby.

So go to your kitchen.

Last edited by Sokoro on 05-17-14 at 23:38

Old Post 05-17-14 22:56 #
Sokoro is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Shaviro
Team Future Chief

This teaser is the worst thing ever made by a human. Except for the bagpipes.

Old Post 05-17-14 23:06 #
Shaviro is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Bouncy

Shaviro said:
This teaser is the worst thing ever made by a human. Except for the bagpipes.

Why is it so bad, you ask? Well, it'll take a little while to explain, because basically the answer involves every single thing in the teaser. [/plinkett]

:P
yeah, i'm not very impressed thus far.

Old Post 05-17-14 23:51 #
Bouncy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Shaviro
Team Future Chief

<3

Old Post 05-17-14 23:58 #
Shaviro is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Clonehunter
Forum Staple

Feamel game protag?

Brace yourselves, the R34 is coming.

Old Post 05-18-14 01:02 #
Clonehunter is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
vinnie245

RUSH said:

I personally think No One Lives Forever is awesome and Cate Archer is fine in that.
But yeah this game looks pretty damn lame.

Old Post 05-18-14 05:11 #
vinnie245 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Captain Red
Pants

All the fucking things wrong with this damn thing and people are whinging about it starring a lady. Go gamers!

Old Post 05-19-14 09:45 #
Captain Red is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
geo
Forum Staple

Chu said:

AVRIL LAVIGNE SCUMMY PUNK PIC

Deryck isn't over her yet. Drinking himself to death.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/..._n_5348794.html

Old Post 05-19-14 11:41 #