Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellbent

World Cup

Feels a lot like Brazil have the ref on side again, with the constant fouls against James Rodriguez going unpunished. I do hope they don't go on to win this...

A scrappy but deserved win for both Germany and Brazil. And then there's this:

Brazil team doctor has just announced that Neymar's World Cup is over. Fractured 3rd vertebrae, "needs to be immobilised...a few weeks"

RIP Brazil, been nice knowing you.

Ooo, that's nasty. He was the best thing about Brazil and a joy to watch, so I hope he makes a full recovery. You are right that they're out now, I think. They just don't seem able to find the net without him.

One can only suppose the economic austerity measures in Spain have left them with a deficit in yellow cards.

I just have a feeling for Argentina and Germany in the final, especially now that Zuniga has killed Neymar and Silva picked up a stupid suspension.

Holland have the talent to be there but they are always so mercurial. I fully expect them to (finally) beat Costa Rica tonight though.

Germany Holland Final? That'd be fun. Man, what a cracker the end of the Costa Rica / Holland match was.

5-0
Before second Half.
Incredible Germany so far! I still don't know how this brazil was able to reach the semi-finals.

I'm hoping for a Germany-Argentina final :evilgrin:
Germany-Holland seems like an awesome final too.

Both finals should be good anyway.

A thorough disassembly in about 10 minutes there. I knew this Brazilian team didn't deserve to be this far in the tournament and Germany have gladly shown as much.

Should have really had the Quake announcer there within the 20-30 minute mark. Double goal, multi goal etc. I knew Brazil would lose but I thought they would at least try a little harder. Hopefully, Germany can squeeze in a lot more.

Dammit, I was holding out for "FLAWLESS VICTORY". Had to laugh at how livid Neuer was that one had got by him.

Also the BBC saw fit to write

(seven)

underneath Germany's score during the post-match analysis. Priceless.

Have to feel sorry for Neymar, though. Imagine lying in bed watching that farce ...

dew said:

Basically all that needs to be said about that match. Holy shit.

scalliano said:

Also the BBC saw fit to write
(seven)
underneath Germany's score during the post-match analysis. Priceless.

Actually this is useful clarification if you're not very close to the screen. I was at a restaurant and from across the room I couldn't tell if it was 1 or 7. I'd seen it at 0-3, and thought maybe it was a replay.

I tried to explain to some Americans what the approximate equivalent score of 7-0 would be in US football, and plucked 100-3 out of the air.

Grazza said:

Actually this is useful clarification if you're not very close to the screen. I was at a restaurant and from across the room I couldn't tell if it was 1 or 7. I'd seen it at 0-3, and thought maybe it was a replay.

I tried to explain to some Americans what the approximate equivalent score of 7-0 would be in US football, and plucked 100-3 out of the air.

This would be a good example.

Not really. "50ish to not many" blowouts are far more common. That would be more like 4-0. Seven goals implies a kind of total mismatch.

Not so much the score but the lopsidedness of that game, which is US football's version of the World Cup.

The German national team is tough, and has a very good chance of winning the tournament. But I'll still cheer for Holland to win, if they can beat Argentina. Like I've said before; they've never won the World Cup, despite how influential Holland has been in the sport. Moreover, I've been to Amsterdam; I love that city.

I don't want Robben to win the World Cup so I hope Argentina go through to the final. I don't mind so much who wins the final, but i think I slightly prefer Germany out of the two.

A lot more like the sort of game people expect from a semifinals - two evenly matched teams probing away at eachother whilst being wary of over-committing. I'll not be surprised if this goes to penalties.

Penalty time! vamos Argentina!

(I still think that Germany-Holland final would be awesome too)

Myk's going to be a very happy man. A couple of good saves from the Argentinian goalkeeper.

I got way too excited by that game. Hoping Germany don't fuck up in the final.

Tot ziens, Nederland.

I expect it to end up like this:

1-Germany
2-Argentina (sorry myk!)
3-Brazil (they MUST win)
4-Netherlands

Let's see what happens.