Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
flubbernugget

Songs you like that were obvious album filler

I was listening to Beavis Bullock off of Chiodos's new album (I'll post a link if anyone here is a post-hardcore fan) and thought it was an awesome song at first. But I started listening to it a little more and realized something. The song structure and riffs were the most basic of the majority of the album, the chorus had minimal contrast in vocals, and all together the more I listen to the song the more uninspired it sounds. There is also minimal symphonic work, if any, in the song despite symphonic elements being frequented throughout the rest of the album. But it still has a bit of a charm to it despite seeming so uninspired.

Has anyone else taken a liking to a song on an album they highly suspected to be filler?

Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast. It's a pretty useless track even for people who rate quality of music by how conceptual it is. I still like it.

I'm a big fan of covers, so just about any instance of that on an album, or entire tribute albums that act as discography fillers for that matter.

I kind of like those albums where they have interludes in the middle of an album, usually about a minute or under, and sometimes contain no words or just garbled singing. They had nothing to put there, so they just made a jig and used it as filler instead of adding what could have just been some uninspired song.

edit:

Also, it may not count since it was both a single and a music video, but 'Teenagers' on "The Black Parade" album never felt like it fit, too me. Thematically, it's notably different than the rest of the album. It's like they had that song, didn't know what to do with it, and unable to find something better, they slapped it on Black Parade and called it a day. I'm probably wrong, but it just didn't seem to fit. I like the song, but it always seemed out of place when listening to the album.