Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cupboard

Mafia round 4 - DAY 5 Town Victory!

Have the Mafia launched a preemptive strike and nobbled some of the players, or are our MIA's unable to tear themselves away from the World Cup?

DAY 1 begins. 11/13 players have confirmed, meaning it's time to get this show on the road. Even if you haven't confirmed with me, just start Mafia-hunting and voting as you get your bearings.

The scum have returned to Doomworld in full force. It's almost as if the past two victories of the brave Townspeople over the scummy Mafia have meant nothing for the safety of the realm! Who among you are responsbile for these spambots, 1994 wads, flamewar political threads, troll accounts, and pitiful sex-discussions in Blogs? Only the evil Mafia could have broken into the the Losers subforum and set the asylum inmates lose upon us all. As the late P. Griffin once remarked, "It would be like the giving a monkey the keys to an amusement park!"

As far as you know, everyone around you claims to be a Townsperson of Doomworld. When, in fact, there are 2 murderous Mafia agents plotting against you who are led by a devious Mafia Godfather. 3 of you really are vanilla Townspeople, 1 is a protective Doctor, 1 discerning Detective, 1 unpredictable Psychopath, 1 sensuously deadly Prostitute, 1 Bulletproof Townsperson, 1 explosively volatile Kamikaze, and 1 trigger-happy Vigilante. Everyone's role is a secret until they are Night-murdered or lynched by the Town.

Who among you is responsible for this villainy? You may begin DAY 1's discussions immediately. Just because you don't have a lot of information right now doesn't mean you can't (or shouldn't) lynch someone on DAY 1 after a careful analysis of everyone's posts. What you do know is your own character role and that there are players with Night actions working mostly in your favor, though a few Mafiosi are rotten to the core and sewing deceit when possible. The Detective will gather clues to the Town's identities, the Doctor will save who he can, the Mafia Godfather will always appear innocent to the Detective (but never to the Psychopath whose abilities are randomized). The Kamikaze, Prostitute & Vigilante all have killing abilities but their efforts to use them effectively may be thwarted by other players or lack of information.

If you have questions about game rules or character roles I will answer as best I can. Maybe someone else has the same question as you and it will help out multiple players...

Please write all votes in bold text.

Lynch Tally (with 13 alive it takes 7 vote to lynch)
undecided: GreyGhost, Cacatou, flubbernugget, Superluigieth1, CorSair, Jimi, Bytor, RUSH, Pure Hellspawn, Kirby, Clonehunter, Membrain & Krispy

Vote RUSH

Getting things started. By the way, I'm going to recommend the Doctor protect me. I have plans that will do well for the town and a strong power role.

Cacatou said:

^Sounds suspicious Membrain. What kind of plans?

agree with this. what power role? why do you so desperately want to be protected by doctor/psychopath?

until then,

vote membrain

I can't reveal what power role I have. That would be a far too dangerous gambit for day one. However, I'm confident that I can root out the Godfather without too much trouble.

Pure Hellspawn said:

what power role?

Possibly the Godfather. But I'm not going to do the obvious, at least not this time.

Vote bytor

Interesting, Greyghost. You suspect me to be the Godfather, the most dangerous of the mafia players, but you're not voting for me. Why not?

Membrain said:

Vote RUSH

I'm going to recommend the Doctor protect me. I have plans that will do well for the town and a strong power role.

Hmm, looks like you're trying to make yourself seem all "For the town!" Mr. Nice Guy. Why did you vote for me Membrain?

Random vote, actually. I'm not sure what you mean by saying I'm trying to be nice. I'm pretty sure I'm not being very nice at all. I am scumhunting, though, and getting everyone going with some intrigue.

Feeling pretty suspicious of Greyghost now. He pretty much ate up the bait I left. I'd say Pure Hellspawn since he's trying to pull a role out of me, which is decidedly anti-town, but his playstyle suggests that he might ask those things when playing a townie. So basically a null read.

It may be a bluff but I believe Membrain and I'm just randomly gonna vote so:

vote Superluigieth1

Membrain said:

Interesting, Greyghost. You suspect me to be the Godfather, the most dangerous of the mafia players, but you're not voting for me. Why not?

No evidence yet. I can think of a couple of other roles where drawing attention to yourself could be advantageous to the town, which is why I opted for a random vote.

Membrain said:

Random vote, actually. I'm not sure what you mean by saying I'm trying to be nice. I'm pretty sure I'm not being very nice at all. I am scumhunting, though, and getting everyone going with some intrigue.

Feeling pretty suspicious of Greyghost now. He pretty much ate up the bait I left. I'd say Pure Hellspawn since he's trying to pull a role out of me, which is decidedly anti-town, but his playstyle suggests that he might ask those things when playing a townie. So basically a null read.

i'm actually more interested in the why than the what role. there's gotta be a reason.

Greyghost: explain what you mean in previous post: vigilante/psychopath/prostitute?

With little to no information, Vote Membrain, who is acting suspicious indeed. Already moving blame away from himself while talking suggestively about power roles. Who could his sights be set on?

I'm going to say this once more: we should not be talking about roles and how to find them until post-game. Searching for town roles is one of the scummiest (read: mafia-like) things you can do. Very little comes from knowing another townie's role.

To lead on from that, trying to find out which power role I have is a mafia tell. There's no reason why a townie would want to reveal what power roles someone has. So far Greyghost has made me suspicious by his initial prodding. Clonehunter is sitting on the edge right now.

Membrane looks suspicious, but I'm going to wait and see if he's really got a plan our not. It would be a shame to lose a power role this early.

Can't help but feel suspicious towards Membrain too. Perhaps he's just a Kamikaze. Or townsman. Or... Detective, if tries to stay true? Hmm, says he can trace down the Godfather, Detective is kinda useless... local Psycho? Or just acting all innocent, and is the one from Mafia?

No hard evidence, though, So I shall remain undecided for now. I think it is probably Clonehunter who belongs to Mafia. Again, no hard evidence. Just suspicions.

Is it possible to get list of roles in this game to OP? I don't wanna search that post all the damn time when I need some reference.

The roles:

As far as you know, everyone around you claims to be a Townsperson of Doomworld. When, in fact, there are 2 murderous Mafia agents plotting against you who are led by a devious Mafia Godfather. 3 of you really are vanilla Townspeople, 1 is a protective Doctor, 1 discerning Detective, 1 unpredictable Psychopath, 1 sensuously deadly Prostitute, 1 Bulletproof Townsperson, 1 explosively volatile Kamikaze, and 1 trigger-happy Vigilante.

Unvote RUSH

Vote GreyGhost

I like to make tradition of getting myself at least a few votes on day one. It adds some spice to my day. Also, any of you lurkers, watch out. We're still watching you guys, too. That means you guys, Jimi, Bytor, Superluigieth1, and Kirby. Granted, at least one of you is town, but lurking to victory is a tactic the Mafia has used in the past on these very forums. So speak up! :P

Membrain said:

Unvote RUSH

Vote GreyGhost

I like to make tradition of getting myself at least a few votes on day one. It adds some spice to my day. Also, any of you lurkers, watch out. We're still watching you guys, too. That means you guys, Jimi, Bytor, Superluigieth1, and Kirby. Granted, at least one of you is town, but lurking to victory is a tactic the Mafia has used in the past on these very forums. So speak up! :P

agreed. lurking is an anti-town activity. think al capone took part of civil discussions? with that said...
unvote membrain
vote bytor

i personally want to see more pressure on the more silent players.

Indeed, staying silent this early is not helpful. But a lynch should help us out.

Again, there is no information as of yet, so let's shake up the woodwork and wake these guys from their slumber.

Vote bytor

A quick reminder, please don't edit posts in here, make another if you have a correction or updated ideas.

CorSair said:

Is it possible to get list of roles in this game to OP? I don't wanna search that post all the damn time when I need some reference.

Done. I added a list of roles in this game with a few words to describe the mechanics of each.

Lynch Tally (with 13 alive it takes 7 vote to lynch)
bytor: 3 votes (GreyGhost, Pure Hellspawn & Kirby)
Membrain: 1 votes (Clonehunter)
Superluigieth1: 1 vote (Cacatou)
GreyGhost: 1 vote (Membrain)
undecided: RUSH, Superluigieth1, CorSair, Jimi, flubbernugget, bytor & Krispy

oh shoot! Sorry, I've been too sick over the weekend to sit at the computer but I'm ok. Seriously.

Membrain immediately asks for protection and my first thought was, "Mafia!", but, that's too obvious. I think I see the strategy and GreyGhost bit. I vote GreyGhost.

Hell, looks like I'm the one that should be asking for protection. :(

thanks for posting, bytor.

while the doctor can't protect you from a lynch, this will!

unvote bytor
vote Superluigieth1

for still being silent.

bytor said:

Hell, looks like I'm the one that should be asking for protection. :(

You can never have too much protection, especially with a femme fatale in town.

Couldn't they technically be a Menne Fatale? I mean, why does the prostitute have to be a girl? Something wrong with gay diversity in a Mafia game?