Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Obsidian

RIP Robin Williams

I hardly even remember any of his films it's been so long since I've seen one, except maybe Jamunji. It's a shame he's gone, seems so many legitimately talented people are on the way out. Pretty bad in a world that idolizes people who are only famous because they're 'famous'.

@Jaxxoon R
have you seen Disney's Aladdin or third one, King of Thieves? Robin williams was the genie in both movies and did a great job. I love the first one a lot. Third one was ok. I don't see how that one can be forgotten, it's one of his most well known roles.

Bucket said:

We didn't just lose a comedy genius, we also lost a fellow Doomer.

I wonder what kind of conversion they would have. All three are such different personalities.

Jaxxoon R said:

Didn't know he was the genie, or that they made sequels to Aladdin.

i kind of feel that the sequels was made on such short notice, like there wasn't any delay between the other 2 movies, but they just got spat out like that. i don't remember them being bad, though, but i can kind of see why people wouldn't remember the sequels to Aladdin, as i feel it's not one of Disney's most memorable movies, even if the Genie had a charming actor.

regardless of that, it's a sad day to lose an actor to suicide. RIP.

I remember watching Aladin as a kid, I had no idea who he was at that time.

RIP. Goodnight, Actor of my childhood.

I really liked One Hour Photo. In all honesty I was not the biggest fan of his comedy films but his performance in what was a starkly different role to what I would imagine him in was stunning.

Good Will Hunting
The Fisher King
Aladdin

Odd, a few weeks ago I couldn't remember his name and didn't want to google it. It took me a few days but it did finally come to me.

I don't think I'd ever be able to watch that final scene in Mrs. Doubtfire again - the one where he gets all sentimental and gives a speech that seems like it's really coming from him - his real heart - and not part of the movie. That part was already hard to watch as it was. Now, I don't think I could handle it.

I've only ever actually cried because of a celebrity death twice and this is the second one. Just too sad.

fraggle said:

Here's an interesting article about it:

Robin Williams and Why Funny People Kill Themselves

His death also (coincidentally) coincided with the release of Depression Quest, which I found an eye-opening game.

Yeah I saw that too. I had heard of Depression Quest being done, but not on Steam. Now with depression in the news its on Steam as of yesterdays. Its good and horrible at the same time.

Kinda unrelated, but I was a little shocked when this happened right after the day that Tony Stewart ran over Kevin Ward. I felt like death was everywhere.

I can understand depression, I suffer from it seldomly.

Bad morning, Vietnam.

My mom was surprised from his death as well.

Nanorider said:

Kinda unrelated, but I was a little shocked when this happened right after the day that Tony Stewart ran over Kevin Ward. I felt like death was everywhere.

Anna Nicole Smith died amongst several celebrity deaths. I was out once and I heard some girls talking to themselves wishing one of them would go 'Anna Nicole herself.'

I think Kevin Ward had a death wish running after Tony Stewart's care.

I'm watching Robin Williams movies now. I'm watching Pop-Eye for the first time. I feel like its made for 4 year olds, but wow they were true to the source material even in terms of costumes. Its all just one big man made set that could probably be a play.

Heard about this recently. Too damn bad - watching a week worth of his movies from Hook to The Birdcage. Later dude. Thanks for the laughter.

Quasar said:

I don't think I'd ever be able to watch that final scene in Mrs. Doubtfire again

I haven't seen that movie in a long time, but a movie where a guy dresses up like a grandma, throws a lime at someone (possibly from his bra as a fake boob; I forget) and say's its a 'run by fruiting' doesn't conjure up much sentimentality for me.

gggmork said:

I haven't seen that movie in a long time, but a movie where a guy dresses up like a grandma, throws a lime at someone (possibly from his bra as a fake boob; I forget) and say's its a 'run by fruiting' doesn't conjure up much sentimentality for me.

It's actually from a fruit bowl in the pub at the pool.