Ouchface
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > ewok opinions
ewoks
This poll is closed.
kick-ass tribal warriors 8 47.06%
they are sooooooo cute 3 17.65%
death to teddy bears 5 29.41%
who gives a crap 1 5.88%
Total: 17 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 05:36. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
VileSlay

with all the star wars mania generated by epII:aotc, I just thought I'd bring up an old debate. what do think about the ewoks from rotj?

"I only wish that you, the peons, the lowly zit ridden scum of outcast prepubescence so recklessly misspending the treasure of youth could truly understand my utter disdain for you as I look out from my lofty perch of immeasurable fame and opulence." beefcake the mighty of GWAR

Old Post 05-17-02 22:25 #
VileSlay is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
fodders
OWNS YOU

The soles of their feet amused me

You are my opponent, but not my enemy, for your resistance gives me strength. Your will gives me courage. Your spirit ennobles me. And, although I aim to defeat you, should I succeed, I will not humiliate you, instead I will honour you..For without you, I am a lesser man.

Old Post 05-18-02 00:08 #
fodders is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Lüt
Administrator

Heh I used to have a lifesize stuffed ewok years ago, that was my favorite toy =)

That and a dinosaur that made weird noises when I moved it around.

Old Post 05-18-02 09:47 #
Lüt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Darkstalker
Should be mapping

When I was a kid, I used to have a clown that laught hysterically when he sees a movement and he laughts lounder and louder. Not even after a week, it was in the garbage, not because I was tired but one night (2am), the clown was in the closet and he started to laught like crazy for absolutely no reason louder and louder with his flashing eyes. My parents and I freaked so high we immediately threw it in the garbage outside. I got scared for a good week after that :)

But ewoks, I totally hate'em. It's one of the only part in SW ep.6 that I fast forward.

Old Post 05-18-02 16:23 #
Darkstalker is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Weedster
Cren/Banned

/me counts to 10....

Old Post 05-18-02 22:31 #
Weedster is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Fredrik

The ewoks rule!

Old Post 05-18-02 22:39 #
Fredrik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
IMJack
Web Radio Geek

Commercial flash-in-the-pan. Probably won't pop up again outside of "retro" pop culture.

Old Post 05-18-02 22:40 #
IMJack is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Weedster
Cren/Banned

I thought they were OK in Episode VI, but those spin-off movies went too far. Thank you and good day.

Old Post 05-18-02 22:45 #
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

Ewwwwwoks.

Old Post 05-18-02 22:51 #
Zaldron is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
dsm
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

They're cute, but totally ridiculous in the Star Wars universe imho.

Old Post 05-18-02 23:04 #
dsm is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
JavaGuy

Lüt said:
Heh I used to have a lifesize stuffed ewok years ago

Don't try to hide it L(u w/dots)t, we know that was last year:)

My mind is an empty shell. Other's thoughts enter, bouncing off the walls an' echo. Never thinking for myself or but for myself I think. So now I've left it all behind finished 'least with a good deed. A long road awaits, and I'm on my own.... I feel pretty good.

Old Post 05-19-02 14:01 #
JavaGuy is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Kid Airbag
Not really a kid. Not really an airbag. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!? Who's asking? Are you French? An airbag is a safety device in a car that inflates during a collision and blocks you from smashing your head into the dashboard or steering wheel!

I didn't mind them, they weren't nearly as bad as say, Jar-Jar Binks in Episode 1. But it was kinda ********** how they beat the shit out of the empire with all it's big mechanical vehicles and laser guns, etc. =)

Old Post 05-20-02 02:34 #
Kid Airbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Weedster
Cren/Banned

Speaking of Jar-Jar, thankfully he didn't have much of a role in AOTC.

Old Post 05-20-02 02:37 #
Kid Airbag
Not really a kid. Not really an airbag. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!? Who's asking? Are you French? An airbag is a safety device in a car that inflates during a collision and blocks you from smashing your head into the dashboard or steering wheel!

Although he wasn't nearly as retarded in Ep 2, so I really didn't mind him this time around.

Old Post 05-20-02 03:21 #
Kid Airbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Erik

ewoks are great, 100 times funnier than stupid jar-jar and not nearly ass annoying.

Old Post 05-21-02 16:22 #
Erik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
VileSlay

what got me about the ewoks was the choice of deity. hmmmm.....lets anal retentive golden droid, or wookie. that and the whole ending song. I'm glad they cut it out of the special edition.

"I only wish that you, the peons, the lowly zit ridden scum of outcast prepubescence so recklessly misspending the treasure of youth could truly understand my utter disdain for you as I look out from my lofty perch of immeasurable fame and opulence." beefcake the mighty of GWAR

Old Post 05-22-02 02:51 #
VileSlay is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Weedster
Cren/Banned

Yeah, the galaxy celebrating theme was more fitting than just a bunch of Ewoks dancing around makeing sheep-bleating noises.

Old Post 05-22-02 15:11 #
Submerge
Dumboy traded my soul for pogs

Me? I don't really care much about Ewoks.
Though I wonder how fast they burn. The costumes, I mean.

I like Jawas.
Conniving little bastards.

Old Post 05-22-02 17:20 #
Submerge is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Fredrik

I guess the Ewoks are the Jawas of Ep. 6, heh :P

Old Post 05-22-02 17:41 #
Fredrik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Weedster
Cren/Banned

Fredrik said:
I guess the Ewoks are the Jawas of Ep. 6, heh :P
You see a Jawa in Jabba's palace ;)

Old Post 05-22-02 23:07 #
VileSlay

jawas are wierd little buggers. kinda remind me of the demon dwarves in phantasm.

Old Post 05-23-02 01:24 #
Lüt
Administrator

VileSlay said:
phantasm.
Heh, is that the movie where that handyman brigade invades a morgue?

Old Post 05-23-02 09:58 #
Lüt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Weedster
Cren/Banned

VileSlay said:
jawas are wierd little buggers.
Remove "-ger" and you got it!

Old Post 05-23-02 15:19 #
VileSlay

Lüt said:
Heh, is that the movie where that handyman brigade invades a morgue?

I like that. the handyman brigade. but yeah. theres supposed to be a sequel coming out. who knows how much more theyre gonnna screw it up.

Old Post 05-23-02 21:04 #