Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clonehunter

The Underrated and Overrated Thread

FireFish said:

I am still amazed by its graphics in the idtech3 which is using the megatexture technology for quake wars.

ETQW is actually idtech4.

Sodaholic said:

Overrated: Minecraft

Too much merchandizing, too grindy gameplay, too little acknowledgement of the far more fun Infiniminer it derived itself from.

Underrated: David Lynch's Dune film

Eh, yeah, it was pretty fucked up in many ways, but I enjoyed it. Obviously nowhere near the "definitive" Dune experience, but I started on it (knowing that it's regarded as unfaithful). I enjoy the casting, the visual direction and the music direction. Really nice atmosphere, and Herbert himself didn't hate the movie so I guess that's worth something.

Of course, I still prefer the book version, but hey, I appreciate art born of hard work when I see it.

I think you should try terraria sometime.

overrated--dudes on campus who have a guitar and play for others in their spare time.

underrated--nu metal. yeah, I went there. this metal genre gets a lot of bad flak for various reasons, rapping in metal, no guitar solos, facepaint, etc. yet I still find a lot of nu metal songs fun to listen to.

Getsu Fune said:

overrated--dudes on campus who have a guitar and play for others in their spare time.

I used to do this. A lot of people found it entertaining. What's so bad about it?

Unless they're playing some really douchey stuff and being all up themselves - then I understand.

Overrated: Some of the stuff that happens here on Doomworld. And Beer.

Underrated: Some of the other stuff that happens here on Doomworld. And Final Doom: Evilution.

Underrated:Evil Dead, Hitler films like The Bunker and Der Untergang, Singham, Friday 13th and Wolfenstein 3D because i've been recently playing all the episodes and i had tons of fun.