Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
geo

There goes Honey Boo Boo

FireFish said:

Was this something like the moonshiners and hillbilly handfishing shows on 'discovery' channel or something ?
By the way it reads in this forum and how south-park protrayed it, it must have been one giant piece of garbage...

From what I saw from the Moonshiners show they actually seemed quite intelligent, despite not being versed in "intelligent" activities.

I saw a few episodes now as research I guess.

Like another user mentioned, I get the feeling they don't do shit all day. They don't work. They're just there day in and day out. Not even playing video games.

The only thing they do is prep Honey Boo Boo for pageants. That's when she's transformed into a beauty queen that loses. Maybe that's how they made their money originally. Honey Boo Boo was on Toddlers and Tiaras. I assume that show had a plot.

Makes me wonder if the other 3 daughters had to put up with the beauty pageant thing and the mother just has kids to put them in pageants.

As much as the other might seem like a big fat idiot, I get the idea that she cares, she has intelligence, but is just super lazy and her accent gets in the way so much she has to be subtitled.

The girls are like boys. They fart and burp. They laugh a lot. Mostly at each other and not with each other. The oldest daughter is pregnant or had a kid. The father of the baby hasn't been on the show. Makes me worry about Sugar Bear, the step father.

I felt bad for the father / step father, he's a joke to them. He's even seen as a joke for being with their fat mama. Its just an unhealthy unsupportive environment and maybe that's what people like.

I guess it could be worse, not like they're beating each other or setting off fireworks in the house. They're just lazy. There was one episode where you can hear the cameramen laughing at how stupid something was.

Well TMZ is saying the relative that the guy raped was Mama June's own daughter back when she was 8. I assume it was the oldest daughter.

I'm pretty sure TMZ makes shit up just to make a buck, but maybe they're right. Who knows, maybe Sugar Bear can get on with his life now and find somewhere or someone to decent to live with. Maybe he only stuck around for the show's money. Get treated like shit for... 50k an episode was it? Not a terrible deal for when the show finally tanks.

Sugar Bear was seen ascending to a higher plane of existence shortly afterwards, taking the knowledge of the worst of humanity with him.

Jaxxoon R said:

Sugar Bear was seen ascending to a higher plane of existence shortly afterwards, taking the knowledge of the worst of humanity with him.

You just reminded me of this

flubbernugget said:

From what I saw from the Moonshiners show they actually seemed quite intelligent, despite not being versed in "intelligent" activities.

They certainly where not dumb, they knew what they where doing. At least they lived free and happy with what they did. They make things most here can not.

geo said:

Honey Boo Boo is a trailer trash show on TLC that features some beauty pageant fat little girl and her 3 sisters and their big fat Mama June. Originally Mama June had been with Honey Boo Boo's daddy Sugar Bear, but after their spit, Mama June been dating some guy that just got out of a 10 year prison stint for forcing an 8 year old relative to give him oral.

Who the fuck thought this would actually make a good TV show? At some point somebody at TLC must have said "Yeah this sounds like a good idea. Worth paying $50k an episode."

And who in the name of all that is holy would actually watch something this retarded? It's disgusting that these trailer trash fatasses could make even $1 off of this show, let alone hundreds of thousands.

RUSH said:

Who the fuck thought this would actually make a good TV show? At some point somebody at TLC must have said "Yeah this sounds like a good idea. Worth paying $50k an episode."

If they were ever getting $50k/ep, it was during the last season. They were getting $3k/ep during season one, and it was bumped up to $12k/ep in season two once they caught on that they were being played by the network. I stopped paying attention after that.

Considering that "Fear Factor" once taped an episode involving folks drinking horse jizz, I don't think a single human being should be surprised that "Ugly, gross redneck fuckheads that force their kid into horrifying child beauty pageants" ended up being a cash cow for a cable network.

TimeOfDeath said:

Unfortunately that Fear Factor episode wasn't aired (right?), that would've been hot.

Well if it didn't air, I know that I've seen it. I think it didn't air for months, but they aired it after Fear Factor was off the air. Just randomly aired the episode.

I'm pretty surprised they had that as a challenge. They didn't even win. The male twins they had on weren't forced to drink it either.

There was another 50 year old bombshelle of a woman that they shaved her head of extremely long hair and she didn't win.

I think the show hates women, but it was up to chance.

I get forced to watch a lot of television. I can't stand it sometimes. Its not as awful as the scripted TV shows.

I'd rather watch the scripted shows. My main issue with reality TV is the constant interview segments.

Wasn't it Honey Boo boo who's mother made her hyper by fueling her with a mixture of energy drinks?

kristus said:

Wasn't it Honey Boo boo who's mother made her hyper by fueling her with a mixture of energy drinks?

Yeah, a perfect recipe for Type 2 Diabetes.