Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shaviro

Star Wars is back!

Use3D said:

Turned it off at the lightsaber. Quite literally the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

Sure, no REAL SWORDS have ever used crosssguards. None at all...

Sure, you have to leave behind the "eastern" inspired fencing for the western schools of swordsmanship but it still looks interesting for the sheer brutality of the movement.

I'm suspect. I'm worried it will try too hard to be Star Wars and only succeed in being a mediocre replica of the original trilogy. Either that or it won't try hard enough and we just end up with a movie with only token similarities to the series.

Chu said:

They should just call this Star Wars: The Hipster Awakens, ugh, so disappointed. I would rather subject myself to the prequels because AT LEAST they felt like Star Wars. This trailer just does not do it for me, at all.

Unfortunately, Star Wars has become a giant cash cow like every other series of films (i.e, Lord of The Rings, Star Trek, Resident Evil, Saw, Spider Man, and much more)

Clonehunter said:

I don't know, that lightsaber looks pretty damn counter-productive with two mini blades poking out the side like that. Pretty easy way to slit your wrists.

My thoughts exactly.

Not excited. I'll probably see it for the hell of it and I am cautiously optimistic, but I have no idea how it'll actually turn out. I will say that a crossguard made of material that can harm the user is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen.

Empire was the best film released so far because it had the strongest character development and the consequences felt like they carried some real weight. Probably a good thing that it had the least involvement from Lucas in any of the films. Jedi was the weakest film because Lucas took more control than he initially had and kiddied it all up, wrecking some of the original plot direction in the process.

Ishtar's Gate said:

Sure, no REAL SWORDS have ever used crosssguards. None at all...

Sure, you have to leave behind the "eastern" inspired fencing for the western schools of swordsmanship but it still looks interesting for the sheer brutality of the movement.

Crossguards are supposed to protect your hands, not slice them off.

@Video: The millenium falcon and the tie fighters: all what "Star Wars" was about and more of course to see! Very good! I will wait until it's time to watch.

Seeing as this is made by Disney, I'm really expecting that no one actually gets "Hurt" (Hand getting cut off) most likely they will be swing their light sabers at each others legs until one of them gets hit and falls down yelling "Ahhh mi lag!" Then when a "scary" part comes up, C3P0 and R2D2 will dance and sing to distract the kids so the parents don't sue Disney for making a "Horror" film that their kids for some reason were watching. Then when there is a "love" scene, jar jar binks will make a joke about his butt, because the kids always laugh when they hear words referring to your genitals, thus distracting the kids thus they dont scream "EEWWW!" in the theaters thus not distracting anyone and making them leave the theater, thus Disney dosent lose money.

Its a Star Wars movie directed by JJ Abrams so considering how well his recent Star Trek movies were(at least I thought they were good in my humble opinion)...I believe this movie is in good hands so I'm pumped for this film :)

Doominator2 said:

Seeing as this is made by Disney, I'm really expecting that no one actually gets "Hurt" (Hand getting cut off) most likely they will be swing their light sabers at each others legs until one of them gets hit and falls down yelling "Ahhh mi lag!" Then when a "scary" part comes up, C3P0 and R2D2 will dance and sing to distract the kids so the parents don't sue Disney for making a "Horror" film that their kids for some reason were watching. Then when there is a "love" scene, jar jar binks will make a joke about his butt, because the kids always laugh when they hear words referring to your genitals, thus distracting the kids thus they dont scream "EEWWW!" in the theaters thus not distracting anyone and making them leave the theater, thus Disney dosent lose money.

Apparently, Miramax never existed along with that little PG-13 rating.

Or in other words:

Such rage. Much agree. Many thumbs up.

The teaser didn't do it for me, but this definitely got me interested. It hints at the plot being a new generation of Jedi possibly being threatened by the dark side rising again. Harrison's line also suggests that they intend to have some real character development. "Ready enough" suggests that they'll be inexperienced at first but they grow through the trilogy as they learn new lessons. The prequels just kinda had everything stick to "destiny" which was boring and as a result character development was lacking, to say the least. OT at least told a good story in that regard, even if a lot of character development was thrown far off course after some radical rewrites in 6's plot.

Nothing too special, but it sets the scene up for some conflict and will provide a backdrop. Honestly, E4 wasn't so different. It was a competent action-adventure flick that set up the characters and universe and it needn't have been anything more than that.

So far, I think it looks good. If they manage to not cock it up, it'll probably be an alright film. Just execute it correctly, please, Abrams.

What is this all bitching? The trailer was just 90 seconds and the movie is still months away. I sure am hyped over new star wars movie, I thought there never would be another star wars movie thanks to Lucas saying so. Now lets think this would get cancelled for some reason, people would bitch even more how this great movie was lost. Humans are never satisfied enough. I might even take day off from work just to line up to have my ticket and feel exitement in queue. I think it will be pure hell in big cities like in New York to queue for tickets because sheer size of population there. Better luck in some backwater town
ps. That soccerball riding droid made me laugh, I thought first it was fifa commercial integrated

it will draw a lot of viewers, because it has the Starwars name. It will have its differences, not
everybody will like them.

Memfis said:

That "second trailer" is fake I guess? It has a scene from Ender's Game for example. lol

Heh, oh shit, you're right. I didn't actually check the source channel, I just assumed it was real. I feel a bit foolish now, yes, it is fake.

Well, all I can say is this would be good if it's the direction they go in. So far, I'm not too impressed with deadly-to-the-touch cross "guards". I also thought the narrator sounds a bit hammy in the official teaser.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2853096/May-fakes-phony-trailers-new-Star-Wars-film-fooling-fans-ahead-release-real-one.html

http://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/2nhmuw/has_the_teaser_trailer_been_leaked/

the second trailer fooled me for a bit and i admit it, mainly because i was sucked into thinking ; "yay !!!"
I lived in front of the starwars movies and still that 'yay' can make you blind...

It was fake as soon as Darth Maul appeared accompanied by Destiney trailer footage. Some of that other stuff, I dunno though. Probably ripped from various sources and some made up/

The fancy new dark Jedi lightsaber fits really well with the Diablo font used on the logo. Even more so if the villain here is some scary cowled evil agent.

The grumpy old reactionary in me wants to be put off by this very short and somewhat thin teaser, but the excitement of enduring Star Wars fanboy-ness is too much to suppress. All told, I'm looking forward to this movie. The lightsaber design is extremely dopey but it's not enough to be the ruin of the entire movie.

printz said:

The fancy new dark Jedi lightsaber fits really well with the Diablo font used on the logo. Even more so if the villain here is some scary cowled evil agent.

I suspect they're going for a visual motif that works only in proper context to the villain. They really should have left that sword out of the teaser becasue that's all the people needed to go off the deep end.

Thank god that second trailer was fake. I was shocked when I saw that death star in the background. I could not believe that they would actually go with a plot that would feature a third fucking death star. Good thing the trailer was fake.

Clonehunter said:

I don't know, that lightsaber looks pretty damn counter-productive with two mini blades poking out the side like that. Pretty easy way to slit your wrists.

Unless he keeps it in one hand and swings it like a sword. Even still though, it's pretty stupid.

Doominator2 said:

Trying out for ggggmork? Or was this a joke?

I am RIDICUOUSLY excited. Tickets to this will the best birthday present I'll ever receive. Also, maybe the lightsaber has exhaust.

The fact that Disney's influence is involved really doesn't help hold my hopes up that it'll be that good.