Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sokoro

Would You date someone who does not play doom?

I only associate with people who spend 20 hours or more per day playing Doom/shitposting on Doomworld

Guest DILDOMASTER666

I already do. He's a great guy. He's an asshole and not ashamed of it and doesn't apologize for it, he has real flaws and is aware of that, and doesn't like Doom and isn't sorry. Love him to death.

Is this like how people ask do you even lift? Do you even doom?

I like doom, but not as much as I like pussy. So no, its not a deal breaker.

Most of the women I've dated, don't even like video games in general. Though, I did have more of a fun time with the ones that did. But ultimately, the bottom-line is to satisfy each other's carnal and emotional needs. I can play doom on my own time.

I tried to guess who wrote this thread before I looked at the author name. It was a toss up between GoatLord, hardcore_gamer, and a returned DarkJediRevived. I completely forgot about Sokoro. Sorry, buddy.

Technician said:

All the autistic bitches play Sonic.

Off to the Sonic fandom, to find some easy tail!! And I don't mean the franchise character either.

invictius said:

Off to the Sonic fandom, to find some easy tail!! And I don't mean the franchise character either.

Sounds like he'd be a perfect fit in the Sonichu community. This thread is seriously the funniest thing I've seen here in a while.

@Sokoro: Why is there such a shortage of men at dance clubs? Male nurses?

In a small-to-medium sized city like Hobart, not much choice unless I decided to exclude myself from the gene pool.

My wife hates Doom because she said its too violent(which is funny because she loves playing Gears of War 3 on Xbox 360 with me changing her story "I don't like first person shooters because I can see better in 3rd person").

On the plus side I got her to play Chex Quest coop with me on a LAN Odamex server a few times because she said the game is cute & adorable.

What kind of autistic sperglord do you have to be to judge potentially awesome girls over whether or not they care about your favorite video game. I mean, really...

Imback55 said:

Based on what I've read so far, I'm starting to think this is another virgin collective.

We're all virgin impse princesses imprisoned in the evil castle of the cyberdragonlord.

Well, I thought that people have to have common interests in order for the realationship to work. I am not saying that doom is the only thing people could have in common, but it would be the most awesome thing. Is it not in human nature to always want the best?

I am not going to reject anyone because they do not play doom, but I am envious of the dudes who get women who do.

Sokoro said:

I am not saying that doom is the only thing people could have in common, but it would be the most awesome thing.

I dunno - it can be helpful to have moderating forces on one's obsessions; if my partner was into DOOM then it would be even easier to spend time on that when I should really be doing other things. I can honestly say that certain areas of work/life have suffered because of my peculiar fascination for DOOM, but it would have been a lot worse if my partner was into it also.

Well, that's one Hell of a way to restrict the dating pool even further....as if anyone here needed to be even more picky.

Sokoro said:

I am not going to reject anyone because they do not play doom, but I am envious of the dudes who get women who do.

Are you really? Do you ever imagine what life is like with these women anytime you're not playing doom? Or do you just fantasize about killing stuff with them for a while and then having fantastic sex sometimes when you feel like it?

DeathevokatioN said:

Yep, on the other hand she has to have a passion for music, because people who don't will misunderstand my love for metal. :P

That's a bit like having a passion for haute cuisine but only eating at McDonalds. :P

sheridan said:

What kind of autistic sperglord do you have to be to judge potentially awesome girls over whether or not they care about your favorite video game. I mean, really...

Even a regular autistic person wouldn't judge a girl over their favorite video game. Just saying. It's about the personality, some degree of looks, and ultimately whether both people mutually want to spend time together. Being in a relationship is about exploring the world together, trying new things, and always being there for each other. It's also about focusing on each other and NOT always doing what you want to do.

I doubt you are ready for a relationship if you ask this question Sokoro. It's not always about DOOM or what you want to do.

Sokoro said:

What about the Dudes who get other Dudes who play Doom? Don't forget our friend the Gay Doomer. Or else you're just being racist you sick fuck.

Sokoro said:

Well, I thought that people have to have common interests in order for the realationship to work. I am not saying that doom is the only thing people could have in common, but it would be the most awesome thing. Is it not in human nature to always want the best?

Common interests are really one of the weakest factors in deciding how well a relationship will work. That's pure high school fantasy romance stuff. People with complementary personalities and mutual attraction will make a great couples even if their interests are wildly divergent. Anecdotally, some of the happiest people I know have almost nothing in common with their partners, and some of the most dysfunctional relationships I've ever encountered remain hopelessly tacked together with the chewing gum and duct-tape of, "...but we have so much in common!"

It's nice to share enough ground that you don't have to think too hard about how to spend a lazy Saturday together, but having different tastes and interests means that each of you brings more to the shared table. As a couple, you become more 'complete.'

Stretch the narcissism implied by the "common interests" idea to absurdity (it doesn't have very far to go), and imagine dating a complete mirror image of yourself. Yeah, it'd be cool to DM with an identically skilled opponent, and you'd both always be up for the same restaurant, but all the things that distinguish you as a person would be wasted (redundant) on your partner, and vice versa.

Mithran Denizen said:

Common interests are really one of the weakest factors in deciding how well a relationship will work. That's pure high school fantasy romance stuff. People with complementary personalities and mutual attraction will make a great couples even if their interests are wildly divergent. Anecdotally, some of the happiest people I know have almost nothing in common with their partners, and some of the most dysfunctional relationships I've ever encountered remain hopelessly tacked together with the chewing gum and duct-tape of, "...but we have so much in common!"

It's nice to share enough ground that you don't have to think too hard about how to spend a lazy Saturday together, but having different tastes and interests means that each of you brings more to the shared table. As a couple, you become more 'complete.'

Stretch the narcissism implied by the "common interests" idea to absurdity (it doesn't have very far to go), and imagine dating a complete mirror image of yourself. Yeah, it'd be cool to DM with an identically skilled opponent, and you'd both always be up for the same restaurant, but all the things that distinguish you as a person would be wasted (redundant) on your partner, and vice versa.

Agreed. The main thing I look for is someone who would enjoy being around a very introverted person like myself. For instance, I dated a girl who had quite a few things in common with me for three months. It didn't work out because the personalities weren't complementary and we were at different stages of our life.

I'm not 100% sure, but in the world of autism many relationships ARE actually based on interests (if a guy and girl with it are dating - it may be more interest based than personality based).