Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hayabusa479

Kim Jong-Un wants to bring "final doom" to the U.S.

hayabusa479 said:

do you think this loon is serious this time, or is it just another hollow threat?

I think he's serious. I also think it's another hollow threat.

hayabusa479 said:

http://news.sky.com/story/1420978/north-korea-threatens-us-with-final-doom

I don't know why he'd do that. I mean, we've already had the game for nearly 20 years now.

All joking aside, do you think this loon is serious this time, or is it just another hollow threat?

The guy is just an angry fat kid, I'll be amazed if he puts the fork down long enough to make good on his threat.

Du Mhan Yhu said:

The guy is just an angry fat kid

Not just A fat kid, but THE fat kid: he has managed to turn every Otaku's fantasy of starring into a Harem anime, into a reality:

From cute mushroom farm girls to proud warrior women, Kim Jong Un has them all (quite literally!)

hayabusa479 said:

I don't know why he'd do that. I mean, we've already had the game for nearly 20 years now.

I suppose like other recent re-releases of classic games it'll be an enhanced edition dictators directors cut in high definition - just because.

<me waits for Zenimax to sue for copyright/trademark infringement and take every nuke he has to his name>

Lol, these pictures are indeed pretty cool from an otaku standpoint. I wonder how safe does he feel on them though. I don't know how much brainwashing is happening in North Korea but still, some people must understand that they're living in a terrible country ruled by a dictator. He must be hated my some. Maybe it's always the same group of trusted women in group photos, I mean it's not like someone can tell them apart lol.

Memfis said:

I wonder how safe does he feel on them though. I don't know how much brainwashing is happening in North Korea but still, some people must understand that they're living in a terrible country ruled by a dictator.

In every dictatorship, there has always been a 10-20% of the population which was privileged in one way or the other. Due to the way NK is organized, all inhabitants of Pyongyang are privileged by definition (all party members, all officials, all public sector workers etc.), as are most non-farm workers. In general, those serving in the armed forces as officers, those working in major cities and in government facilities are privileged to a certain extent. It turns ugly in the countryside though....which is why you never see that in those pics.

BTW, "privilege" doesn't mean that everybody gets to be a Harem Master: it might simply mean that you live (relatively) better than the others. You had a term for those guys in the former USSR too: Aparatchnik and Nomenklatura ;-)

Memfis said:

He must be hated my some. Maybe it's always the same group of trusted women in group photos, I mean it's not like someone can tell them apart lol.

Trust me, the support of a 10-20% of Apparatchiks and Nomenklatura members is more than enough for him to feel safe. If the system were to fall, those people you see in the pics would be among the first ones to be "purged", whether they had important positions or not, and I believe they have enough political/class conscience to realize that. A similar condition has materialized in "capitalist" Greece, where public sector workers and pensioners can determine the electoral outcome, as their well-being is directly dependent on the State.

Maes said:

Photos and Stuff

Out of all those women, only like 3 are smiling and the rest look terrified or confused.

Edit:666 posts "evil member"

Du Mhan Yhu said:

Out of all those women, only like 3 are smiling and the rest look terrified or confused.

Do you really believe that a photo can capture their actual feelings that accurately? The smiling ones can easily be the most terrified or confused ones in reality, and vice versa. That's all I wanted to say, only that photos are generally unreliable about things like that, if you don't have ANY other source material and information than said photos. I'm not implying anything about these particular photos and people on them at all.

scifista42 said:

Do you really believe that a photo can capture their actual feelings that accurately? The smiling ones can easily be the most terrified or confused ones in reality, and vice versa. That's all I wanted to say, only that photos are generally unreliable about things like that, if you don't have ANY other source material and information than said photos. I'm not implying anything about these particular photos and people on them at all.

No need to over analyze it.

Edit: I had a better response, I went with the one that seemed to make less sense. Politics.

Inkie said:

They say that every year

Because they can't do shit and they know it. They threaten in hopes of scaring American citizens and feel all big about it for a few months until the tension dies. Then another big Kim Jong-Un joke is made and it repeats all over again. Too bad this takes attention away from the real danger in America that is their own stupid president, government and emerging police state.

First of all I thank all of the Doomers for their photos. That's really what I wanted to say.

Second of all, because Kim Jong-Un won't ever be first... Bitch please, shit or get off the pot. You're not even a menace. Even if you have nuclear warheads, it doesn't mean shit, because even if you were to hit the US with one that wipes out an area the size of Texas, we have so much more land than North Korea. We'd just curb stomp it.

I feel bad for the people of North Korea to put up with this clown. You're rich, we get it. That doesn't make you a leader so much as it makes you a dickhead playboy always threatening people because you're short. The smallest dog has the biggest bark. Sadly North Korea doesn't know that because it eats dogs. Eat a cow maybe you'll grow taller than 5' with your mom's 6" platforms on.

Sorry if this all sounds incredibly racist, but its really just anti Kim Jong-Un. I dare him or one of his elite military agents to murder me in my house, at work or anywhere else in the US. I'm just one person. Come on silence me. I have a better chance of killing him by myself with my bare hands than his entire army has to kill me while I'm in the US. Come on Kim Jon-Un. Please. I want your troops at my doorstep or flying over my house bombing me. Its not gonna happen. Ever.

Du Mhan Yhu said:

If you refer to the crying ones, that's another matter altogether: in occasion of Kim Jong Il's death, a lot of attention came to Western media about how many people weeped and mourned.

The most sterile/reactionary criticism of course attributed it simply to fear of the regime, while more in-depth commentary mentioned the fact that in Korean Confucianism (or rather, its Juche-endorsed variant), one is supposed to mourn the departure of a superior, a leader, a teacher, a master etc. with the same way as he would mourn his/her father, and with years of conditioning, such feelings come natural (just like e.g. very few U.S. citizens would think twice if their gov't tells them that X or Y are terrorists and should be Shocked And Awed, for example).

Now, as to the weeping/super-emotional women in the pictures, I suppose it's not really any different than western fan girls behaving exactly the same when in proximity of their favourite stars:

and, they didn't even get close enough to touch him. What would happen if they did, as the kawaii NK girls managed to do with their "God"? ;-)

Maes is right. I remember being at a Lady GaGa concert and people were crying out of joy. I guess in the same way that people mosh out of joy. Its truly a what the fuck moment. As for me, man I just felt fucking old standing there like a rock, looking at all of the pretty chaos around me.

Oh and because I'm ignorant. Il and Un are ways of numbering them right? Like the second and third or whatever number they fall into?

@geo: Kim is a family name (like a surname). Jong-un is a given name (like a personal name, forename). Asian names are ordered like that.

geo said:

I remember being at a Lady GaGa concert

Umm, why were you at a Lady GaGa concert...?

RUSH said:

Umm, why were you at a Lady GaGa concert...?

I'd be more surprised if he weren't.

scifista42 said:

@geo: Kim is a family name (like a surname). Jong-un is a given name (like a personal name, forename). Asian names are ordered like that.

I did think they'd have it in reverse order, so I guess that I'm guessing Un is the middle name? Or is Jong-Un like saying Johnathyn and Jong-Il is like saying Johnny?

As for being at a Lady GaGa concert, yeah I went. That's the problem with having girlfriends. You do stuff they want to do.

Wanna know the highlight? The stage. The billion dollar stage was the show for me. She chose to have a 5 Asian girl pop group kick off the show. No one knew who they were. All the phones were out looking them up. I hate to say all Asians look the same, but well all 5 looked the same. They didn't dance, they just stood there in a line singing. Then out came Lady Stardust who I assume was Lady GaGa in a wig. We had to look her up too. I guess she's not really Lady GaGa in a wig.

She's a DJ, you know one of those people that gets paid to stand and do nothing. She performed for an hour. I think she told us twice that she's really doing this live. I like a profession where you need to tell your patrons, no guys I'm really working wow this is hard. To prove that she's really working, at some points she'd walk around her DJ stand. Wow yep hard at work twisting those knobs without using your fingers.

Having her felt like a case of nepotism. We laughed saying maybe GaGa knew her own performance would suck so she brought two awful opening acts to seem that much better. I've seen plenty of no name opening acts outshine the headliners.

I don't understand why we haven't just killed this numbskull already. The world cannot be so stupid that it actually thinks a nuclear war will ACTUALLY break out because we do that...

Its not him we fear, its China, but I think China is giving less and less fucks every time. I think the world is headed toward Star Trek like peace if not 1980s cold war bullshit.

StevieCybernetik said:

I don't understand why we haven't just killed this numbskull already. The world cannot be so stupid that it actually thinks a nuclear war will ACTUALLY break out because we do that...

Yeah, because the decade-long US engagements in Vietnan, Iraq, Afghanistan and the most recent and not-so-subtle one in the Ukraine, definitively prove that the US is capable of precision, surgical strikes anywhere in the world, ensuring a swift and relatively peaceful regime transition towards Western Values and Democracy. I mean, it worked so well in their own backyard, why shouldn't it work elsewhere too?

Maybe what he means is that he has the source code to Final Doom (copyrighted libraries included), and by bringing it out in the open it will destroy the reactionary decadent burgeoise concept of "copyright", and greatly harm the Enemies' Of The People imperialist economy, like crushing a mighty giant's clay feet?