Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scifista42

Best common enemy from any game?

resident evil common zombies, it's pure joy blowing their head off/ mutilating them. Same with res4 ganados and res5 plaga infected enemies

Waffenak said:

resident evil common zombies, it's pure joy blowing their head off/ mutilating them. Same with res4 ganados and res5 plaga infected enemies

I especially like the ones from Resident Evil 2. Shooting a zombie in half, was awesome. I particularly enjoyed getting head shots with the customized shotgun; blasting off the head, arm, and shoulder.

I liked fighting the punks and skinheads in the original Solider of Fortune.

I pretty much enjoyed fighting all of the enemies in that game. Because you could blast them to pieces. I remember the first time I played SoF, I would completely stunned by the level of gore. It was simply awesome.

I don't know if this counts, but I would like to mention the Worms from, well, Worms (but especially Worms Armageddon). Really, that arsenal is just perfect.

A lot of people bring up Doom's zombies, but to be honest, as far as common mooks in Doom go, I tend to immediately think of Imps and Pinky Demons before the Former Whatevers.

Also rather like the Ogres in Quake, even if grenades are remarkably strong for such a low-tier enemy.

How about something from left field? The cops in Syndicate (original). Before you have fully upgraded your cyborgs, the cops can do you enough damage to be threatening, I think they look cool (in all their minimal pixel goodness) and I like the "Police, put down your weapons" alert sound.

XCOM sectoids are fun, and they do creepy combo attacks from the shadows, then creep up on you. Quintessential alien space pilots, rummaging around for snack bars and cows on earth. Only in the turn-based variants of the XCOM games mind you - the pastiche titles totally don't count.

The various thugs in Kingpin, they are fun to fight and deadly, specially the ones with shotguns, at close range, consider yourself fucked, cuz they shoot fast when strafing.
Not to mention the flamethrower ones, which can mean death if you dont keep your distance between them and kill them quickly.

Kobolds from Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance. An iconic enemy once you first escape the wine cellar.

Hobgoblins from Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2. I like their armor and different variants.

Bandits from Baldur's Gate. "So I kicked him in the head till he was dead, haha!!" Whenever you hear that, you know it's time to pause the game and direct all your PCs to scalp some bandits.

Hidden from Diablo. Such a beautiful death animation and listening the sound of blood spurting from their neck and the lifeless body folding backwards is wonderful.

Fallen from Diablo 2. They have a satisfying death noise and easy to one-shot them. Also they encourage players to start speed-running maps early on in order to find bosses, champions, chests, exits faster and faster and avoid encountering them more than once since they can all be raised from the dead anyway. Also they give the party Necromancer something to slaughter en masse.

My favorite are Elder Scrolls bandits, IN PARTICULAR ones that try to shake you down for money even after you've become a demigod. Very satisfying to home run swing a dude's head off with a bastard sword before he can even finish his empty threat.

I'd just GIVE you the 200 Septims, bro. All you have to do is ask nicely.

And imps! *snortsnortsnort*

Memfis said:

Siths in the Jedi Knight games were pretty cool, many fights with them felt like serious business and gave me some trouble.

I liked those games when I was a kid but my opinion of them has declined as I've gotten older. There's not a whole lot of skill or control in the jedi fights, just lots of clicking and jumping around.

Enjay said:

How about something from left field? The cops in Syndicate (original). Before you have fully upgraded your cyborgs, the cops can do you enough damage to be threatening, I think they look cool (in all their minimal pixel goodness) and I like the "Police, put down your weapons" alert sound.

God I loved that game, still do frankly. The whole thing with the remake/sequel recently was a travesty. Did you know you can play the original syndicate MULTIPLAYER with dosbox if you install the American Revolt expansion and the NETBIOS drivers? It's tricky to get working but it works!