Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

Jim Beam Vs Jack Daniels

Doomkid said:

Southern Comfort all the way. Goes down smooth, even shots.

Hey, another Southern Comfort fan. I'm not really into spirits myself, I'm more into beer (especially real ale) and cider. Southern Comfort is one of the few I can drink neat, preferably from a large glass tumbler. And NO ICE.

I don't relish dark liquor. My roommate absolutely loved it though, he swore by Jack Daniels, up down and sideways. He was a rager when it came to partying and knew what he liked. He would get trashed on any liquid handed to him, but even I could tell he was in his element, his "zone", if you will, when he drank Jack Daniels.

There was undeniably something about his persona that changed when he was on Jack Daniel's liquid, be it whiskey or bourbon (personally I believe it was his sheer power of expectation to make his body respond in a certain way) . He was an aggressive drunk and pulled some of his most amazing stunts when spirited with old JD. He stole a parking barrier and dragged it up 6 flights of stairs for example and put it in his room. The amount of noise he made in that stairwell, it was a miracle we all didn't get arrested. I'm not saying JD was the cause of his rancorous behavior, it merely happened to be his flavor of choice to continue his disastrous spiral. Whatever was on hand would be consumed as long as it didn't kill him, even then it could become questionable when I had to help him into bed on some nights.

Personally, I can tolerate most liquor if it's on ice. But really, going brown? I don't like it that much but I'll be polite if the host is serving it.

For me it's not so much the colour of the liqour so much as its smell. If it smells, like all the vodkas I've ever come across so far, like the sort of thing that would usually be used to clean engine components, then I'll only be able to drink it when I'm already steaming. If it smells more like the sort of thing that an actual human being would drink, rather than the kind of thing that would be used in some kind of heavy industrial process, then I'm game for it any time.

I was originally going to create another thread but since I already had a thread about whiskey I instead decides to ask this here. It's my birthday today and I decided to celebrate by getting shitfaced. I am doing this why taking shots (50ml ones to be exact) of Jack Daniels since it's the cheapest whiskey I have in my whiskey stockpile (I won't want to waste better whiskeys on shots). I have currently had 3 and am about to take my 4rth. For shits and giggles, how many shots can you take in a row (and by row, I mean within a short period of time like 10-15 min after the last shot, not only literally right after the other) without the vomit ghost starting to haunt you? I will give my own awsner to it once I am done drinking. If I remember do do it.

EDIT: It's six :(

Ladna said:

Thread might as well be called shit vs. barf.

If I really had to choose, realistically, I would choose barf.

But in regards to whiskey, I'd have to choose Dewar's White Label.

I'll do something novel in the thread and actually answer the fucking question.

Jim Beam.

Because I got smashed on JD and coke so often in my younger days I've pretty much gone off it for life.

Watching Stargate SG-1 had me wondering; does Daniel Jackson drink Jack Daniels?