Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zulk RS

Remakes Wanted

More Elder Scrolls games. Give me a complete reimagining of Daggerfall so I can take a 365 day vacation spent exploring the entire gameworld.

Honestly I think Arena is even more in need of a re-imagining than Daggerfall, but yeah Daggerfall would be great too so as long as they don't dumb it down and make it much easier like with the last two TES games.

Chasm: The Rift 2: Return of the Timestrikers

PowerSlave 2: Return to Karnak

Chaser 2: Return of Gomez

Haruspex (Heretic HeXen sequel)

I'd probably vouch for the last one more so. Edge of Chaos is cool, but more would be cool. Maybe pull some of kind restart, get all the protags and villains back together for one big cluster fuck.

I'm sort of kidding about Chaser 2, but I did like the first game. Chasm and PS would probably be better off as Remakes. Chasm could do without the talking heads and be a bit more creative in that department. And a better script. Lets not consider those Timestrikers "winners."

Powerslave 2 was actually going to be a thing, but then Lobotomy fell through. It wasn't going to be an FPS though, which is interesting.

Oh Man , they took to long to finish it, Can't wait to play this

Spoiler

Screenshot from the upcoming re-worked "Gaswork"

I'm not really for the idea of games being remade, since there's already an over abundance of remakes nowadays. There's clearly some kind of obsession among gamers for remakes or remastered titles.

One thing I've noticed (for example); people always seem to want a FF7 remake, which I find to be kind of stupid. The original is perfect, just leave it be. Although I'm being biased, so who knows, maybe a remake will turn out good after all. But I don't know, that's just one game I always hear for wanting to be remade.

If I had to choose one for a remake, maybe the first Deus Ex. Looking back, it looks dated, and doesn't have the appeal to a newer generation of gamers. The recent sequels dived right into the crisp 3-D realm of gaming with gorgeous CGI cutscenes, so maybe if the same treatment could be done with the first one, that'd be pretty sweet.

I would probably play a remake of the first Deus Ex since I've been spoiled by Human Revolution and can't find myself wanting to play the earlier games because HR was my first.

I'm hanging out for a Kart Fighter remake, forget this Smash Bros stuff.

Also I agree with Cuppy about a Daggerfall remake, but it wouldn't even have to be a remake, just a version with less bugs and sensible controls.

How could we forget Blood? Now there's something I'd like to see.

@Kontra Kommando; I agree. I would love to see a new "The Thing" game get made. Just imagine what can be achieved today?

There was already a Blood 2. From what i heard it was not as great.

rf` said:

It had its moments, but it felt underwhelming. The expansion pack for it was better.

Resident Evil 2
Metal Gear: Solid 3
Planetscape: Torment
Perfect Dark
Clive Barkers: Undying
Realms Of The Haunting
Alien Carnage
Commander Keen: Goodbye Galaxy
Another World aka Out Of This World
Aliens Colonial Marines and Duke Nukem: Forever lol

Seeing how well Interceptor did with the Rise of the Triad reboot, which was a strange choice to begin with as it wasn't a smash hit or popular by any stretch of the imagination, a Blake Stone reboot would be wacky and intriguing.

Clonehunter said:

I'd probably vouch for the last one more so. Edge of Chaos is cool, but more would be cool. Maybe pull some of kind restart, get all the protags and villains back together for one big cluster fuck.

No need for that, Serpent:Resurrection already does that in a good way, so a Hexen remake would be pointless.

Terminator: Future Shock & SkyNET could be promising remakes. Or a new Terminator FPS entirely.

Thought I'd post this here seeing as it's not major enough to warrant a new thread and bumping old topics incurs 'The Wrath of the Moderators' according to the officially endorsed Doomworld Health & Safety FAQ.

Found this recent source port for Redneck Rampage which is an open source reconstruction running under Eduke32, turns out most of the game's engine is built off of Duke3D unlike Blood or Shadow Warrior which used a heavily modified BUILD engine so a reverse engineering attempt for Redneck was possible.

It was last updated September 2014 and posts on the adjoining thread on Duke4.net seems to state the original and both expansions - Rides Again and Suckin Grits on Route 666 are playable but it isn't detailed if any significant gameplay changes/features are missing.

http://www.jonhunt.com/redneck/

http://forums.duke4.net/topic/1387-redneck-rampage-on-eduke32/page__st__60

rf` said:

And Blood 2 is a sequel not a remake. ;) But yeah it wasn't that good at all. :P

If you guys are looking for a more polished Deus Ex 1 experience, I recommend the Revision* map pack, as well as a gameplay mod such as Biomod. For visuals, there are various model packs and hi res texture packs, and you can use newer DirectX renderers with piggyback effects like a bloom plugin. Not perfect, but a hell of a lot nicer than the original setup.

*I briefly tested for them, but had other priorities and had to cut some extra activities from my schedule. From what I played (about up to the ship level) it's really damn good and I recommend grabbing it when you can.

Unrelated to the above, but I've always wanted to see the PS2 version's level design (and other content) ported to the PC, minus the extra load zones. They really did polish a few rough edges on the game design in that version, even if travel is a pain in the ass in it.

Kontra Kommando said:

This would be awesome if they remade it with AAA game quality graphics.

See Robokill and Robokill 2 Flash games.

scifista42 said:

See Robokill and Robokill 2 Flash games.

That game looks cool,

But for a remake of Smash TV, I actually envisioned it as a FPS and/or from a over the shoulder third-person perspective. I loved how it mixed the Running man, and Robocop as influences. The host even says, "I'll buy that for a dollar"; a line right out of Robocop.